BORO. 86. UPJ 65
    ??????MC. 67. CLARION. 65
    CAL U. 66. SHEP. 60
    IUP. 81. SRU. 39
    LHU. 76. MANS. 47
    KUTZ. 86. MILL. 79
    GU. 87. SHU. 70
    ESU 62. BLOOM. 57
    I think it's pretty safe to say the SRU ladies aren't going to win the West (as earlier predicted by Coach McGraw). Tom called the dogs off the entire last quarter and won 81-39 in Morrow.

Comment

Ship 79, West Chester 70. Raiders are starting to hit the three-pointers and went 15-16 at the FT line.

Comment

Kiyon Hardy 16 points? Dom Sleva 15 boards? They're spreading the wealth now.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
          Kiyon Hardy 16 points? Dom Sleva 15 boards? They're spreading the wealth now.
          I'm not complaining, but this is one of the strangest 11-3 teams I've ever seen. It's like 2-3 guys get hot for a week and then 2-3 different guys the next week. Sleva's had a hard time getting the shots to fall at times this year, but he was supercharged on the boards against Millersville and now tonight. Looked as if West Chester was going to run them off the court at the beginning, but Ship settled in and played a steady game. Great win at a place they don't get a lot of wins, but their reward is another tough one Saturday at East Stroud.

Comment

I expected very little from Hardy, and now I like him a little more every time I see them.

Comment

English was a baby bull in there. Backed Nedrow right into the concession stand a few times.

But Ship was on fire from deep. Started out 5-for-6 outside the arc, finished with 17 treys. Hope they approach that twice more this week.

Meanwhile, if Ariel Jones isn't the PSAC's best this season, I haven't seen the best.
              No last night. Granted, Destiny wanted to make a point against her former team, but Ariel just looked disinterested.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post
                Ship 79, West Chester 70. Raiders are starting to hit the three-pointers and went 15-16 at the FT line.
                Ship's 12-0 run in the last 90 seconds of the first half sent the message. Sure WCU tied it at 46, but then Ship just slowly eased away. The key was they shut down Malik Jackson - just 2 of 10 from the floor and he didn't even get to the line.

West Chester's two bigs are wide and they struggle to defend faster opponents like Ship and Shep more than they impose their size on other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

No last night. Granted, Destiny wanted to make a point against her former team, but Ariel just looked disinterested.
                  Getting Jefferson has definitely brought that team to a new level. But let there be no question, Ship goes as far as Jones takes them. If she was disinterested, that probably makes a case for last night's final score. 5-for-15 with no assists? That's totally out of character for Ariel.

Comment

Getting Jefferson has definitely brought that team to a new level. But let there be no question, Ship goes as far as Jones takes them. If she was disinterested, that probably makes a case for last night's final score. 5-for-15 with no assists? That's totally out of character for Ariel.
                    As I said in another post, the offense seems to revolve around her a little too much. I get that she is an outstanding player, but I sometimes see 2-3 players standing around and watching her when they're on offense. They don't have that constant flow of motion that the men's team has. When I watched them against Mansfield, half the offense seemed to be Ariel taking 3s and Destiny driving on fast breaks. They can get very stagnant in the half-court offense. I agree that as they're currently playing they'll go as far as Jones take them. They're capable of beating good teams when she's on fire and of losing to bad teams when she's not. That's not an ideal situation, but it seems to be where they are at this point.

Comment

SATURDAY'S WBB FINALS
                      SHEP. 71. LHU. 64
                      SHIP. 67. ESU. 66
                      BORO. 73. CAL. 72
                      UPJ. 75. CLAR. 64
                      WCU. 66. MANS. 46
                      SHU. 82. SRU. 76
                      KUTZ. 59. MC. 45

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                        SATURDAY'S WBB FINALS
                        SHEP. 71. LHU. 64
                        SHIP. 67. ESU. 66
                        BORO. 73. CAL. 72
                        UPJ. 75. CLAR. 64
                        WCU. 66. MANS. 46
                        SHU. 82. SRU. 76
                        KUTZ. 59. MC. 45
                        Didn't see Edinboro winning.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Didn't see Edinboro winning.
                          Unfortunately VULCANS WBB fans are getting used to it or should be. This team simply doesn't have the skills of recent years. JS has done her best and actually coached them to several Ws that should have been Ls. With @SHU, @IUP and @GU the next three we could be talking the first four game losing streak in a while. I know they won't quit, but it's not their year.

Comment

Ship men 71. East Stroudsburg 66. 23 for Biss. Raiders came back from early double-figure deficits.

Comment

SATURDAY'S WBB FINALS
                              SHEP. 71. LHU. 64
                              SHIP. 67. ESU. 66
                              BORO. 73. CAL. 72
                              UPJ. 75. CLAR. 64
                              WCU. 66. MANS. 46
                              SHU. 82. SRU. 76
                              KUTZ. 59. MC. 45
                              Late game
                              IUP. 62. GU 48

Comment

Late game
                                IUP. 62. GU 48
                                Another big 4q by IUP breaks open a close game. Outscored GU 17-2 in a seven minute stretch in the final quarter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X