Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Oh man ... I was livid watching that broadcast. So frustrating.

The thing I noticed (not sure if it matters) is the UPJ crew would turn off the 'feed' at every timeout or stop in play. Most schools go to commercial or just keep the camera going and talk about the game while the teams are in the timeout. They'd just turn it off. I'm guessing they then kept having to reboot it -- which was a disaster.

I've watched a lot of UPJ broadcasts before and that was never an issue. Maybe it was a new crew. Who knows.

Regardless, it was the biggest game at UPJ in a decade -- and the biggest game in the West all year -- and nobody got to watch it. That's the bottom line. Well, we got to see parts of it.

Believe me ... I know IUP's feed has been horrendous this year. I know D2 doesn't have many fans, but the ones we do have are pretty loyal. It's beyond frustrating to sit through this ordeal.
    GU vs Hurst... the audio was about 1.5 secs ahead of video feed.. so youd hear what happened before it happened. It didn't affect it much in the beginning, but end of first half and second half it SUCKED. Especially in a close game with lead changes.

IUPs feed was great last year, wondering what they changed this year.

Clarions was awful in the form of the commentators... talk about Homer's. Complaining about the horrible refereeing against clarion and their team was in double bonus and Gannon had 2 lol and everything was either great or bad for clarion.. gannon did nothing in their eyes

Comment

Small box thinking. Students can run the video (with some training/practice). I think the best scenario for the announcing should be an adult paired with a student. Give them the experience with someone who knows what he/she's doing. You know, someone who has experience with radio voice, comes to the game having researched the roster, made game notes, etc. HUGE experience for everyone involved. Just give us a slight upgrade in quality. I'm not asking for a professional crew. Just some professionalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Small box thinking. Students can run the video (with some training/practice). I think the best scenario for the announcing should be an adult paired with a student. Give them the experience with someone who knows what he/she's doing. You know, someone who has experience with radio voice, comes to the game having researched the roster, made game notes, etc. HUGE experience for everyone involved. Just give us a slight upgrade in quality. I'm not asking for a professional crew. Just some professionalism.
        So what is Edinboro's excuse for their horrendous announcers?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

They're not any worse than anybody else. It's all bad all around. It doesn't have to be that way but I doubt the coaches or administrators ever listen to what's being put out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

They're not any worse than anybody else. It's all bad all around. It doesn't have to be that way but I doubt the coaches or administrators ever listen to what's being put out there.
            At least the rest of the announcers don't take a lunch break in the middle of the game.

Comment

At least the rest of the announcers don't take a lunch break in the middle of the game.
              Again, I don't think a single employee listens to or watches the broadcasts that are terrible and it shows. A lot of schools are satisfied to check boxes and leave it at that.

Watching the SRU feed now. It's pretty good.

Comment

Just give me an uninterrupted video ... even if it's from 200' in the air like Gannon. I usually mute the sound anyway.

Comment

The young lady who did the GU at UPJ WBB game was quite good. She seemed prepared and had some level of basketball knowledge.

Comment

Lol. Just ripping the band aid right off there.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

Lol. Just ripping the band aid right off there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X