Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Ship misses three possible tying treys in the final possession and East Stroudsburg wins 66-63. Ends a 10-game winning streak for the Raiders.
    Gotta give Stroud credit for running a good press that caused problems at that time. That said, Ship was uncharacteristically sloppy with some mental errors. That, and they lost the game at the foul line, 13-6. Hard to believe with all the hacking that was going on that Ship only got the foul line 10 times, but a lot of the Stroud fouls were nonshooting holds. As I said in an earlier post. it's nice to have the cushion. I in no way think the stretch run will be easy.

Comment

Sounds like the PSAC was a bit of a circus today.

MEC was all chalk. No interesting scores to report.

Charleston took care of Fairmont in the only interesting game of the day.

WVWC came out shooting hot once again, but the Toppers dropped a 19-0 run on them early in the second half to put it away.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I wouldn't think too much in to it. Mansfield had packed it in. They've been blown out like 5-6 staright games.
        Well, that's why they play the games. Ship was about due for a clunker, and we had it today. Looks as if our game went a lot like IUP's today. Dig a big hole, crawl back into the game, and then lose.

Comment

If IUP loses by less than 25 I'll be surprised. The way they played in the first half they should have just stayed in Indiana.

Joe even looks disinterested.

Mercyhurst also made every circus shot known to man.

Is it me, or does Gary Manchel expect his defense to get a stop on every single possession? As Mercyhurst was on the way to building a 17-point halftime lead, he looked disgusted every time IUP scored...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Is it me, or does Gary Manchel expect his defense to get a stop on every single possession? As Mercyhurst was on the way to building a 17-point halftime lead, he looked disgusted every time IUP scored...
            He was animated but he usually is pretty hyper.

They had to win that game and to their credit played like a desperate team. Even when they blew that up to 21 points Gary and everybody knew IUP was going to make a run. They got it down to four and the gas tank was empty. Joe somehow had them on the ropes there in the last 5 minutes. IUP blew several chances to pull ahead.

Mercyhurst hit 70% from deep in the first half. It was insane. They made some crazy, circus treys as the shot clock expired, one falling out of bounds (litetally) ... stuff that happens once a year. It was their day.

Their D is also a bear by the time February hits. Days when they can't miss from outside .... that's what happens.

They aren't beating Joe with Chucky in the lineup. I'll guarantee that much. They exploited his absence ... as good teams do. I thought they had a great plan of attack on Saturday. They knew Joe was going to be forced to basically play ironman and Gary subbed more than I've ever seen him do so. He kept fresh bodies flying in and out for 40 minutes.

I can say 100% not a soul wants to play them in a one-and-done in March. In that scenario I truly beleive Manchel is the best coach in the league. He's great at scouting and finding every little deficiancy in his opponent.

Comment

I can say 100% not a soul wants to play them in a one-and-done in March. In that scenario I truly beleive Manchel is the best coach in the league. He's great at scouting and finding every little deficiancy in his opponent.

Comment

No argument from the hilltop. They absolutely punked us in the Sweet 16 last year. Hurt like heck but as a basketball fan, you had to admire the prep, effort and focus sustained for the entire 40 minutes. The man can coach!

Comment

You're right, Manchel teams are tough to play against. The reason being is that you see his junk defense once or twice a year so of course it's tough to play against. YOU NEVER SEE IT!!! If you break that D and they are forced into man defense, then good luck to Gary because his teams stink at man because he doesn't teach it!!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X