Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

East Stroud was picked over Ship in the preseason coaches poll. Ship currently is five games up in the loss column in the East standings. If they maintain anything approaching the current pace for the rest of the season, I would think Chris Fite would have to get very serious consideration.
    That poll was taken before anyone knew Ryan Smith wouldn't play this year. ESU was left with 2 forwards with ANY playing experience to start the season. Chris Fite had the benefit of bringing a transfer in from Kutztown. Hardy is a top player and a great addition that bolstered Ship's roster. That's something that ESU couldn't do in September.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      I don't think it's too far in the rear-view mirror to point out that Chris Fite inherited a team that then went 3-23 in 2013-14. Since then, he's been 113-32.
      Which means he's had plenty of time to bring in his own recruits. He's done a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

True but take it further ... that was a doormat program forever in men's basketball. Modern-era, anyway.

I don't know how long you'll keep him, but, enjoy it.

Seems to me a level up will be coming for him at some point.
        I don't know if he's had bites and is happy where he is. But yes, you would think he would draw some interest.

We're quite a ways from the days of Rodger Goodling and his tenure!

Comment

I think Wilson should get consideration, but Ship is so far ahead in the East race that I would never fault giving Fite the award. But there's still time left in the season, and Ship has some tough games left. If ESU goes on a late-season run, that should play very well in COTY considerations, and with their remaining schedule (vs. M-ville, vs. Kutz, @ Mans, vs. Shep, @ Haven, vs. WCU), it's within the realm of possibility.
          Last edited by EastStroud13; 02-06-2020, 12:07 PM. Reason: Inclusion of remaining schedule

Comment

I don't know if he's had bites and is happy where he is. But yes, you would think he would draw some interest.

He will be Target No. 1 of one particular school in the West when the time comes. I can guarantee that much. Whether he 'jumps ship' or not would be up to him ... but they'll (IUP) go after him hard.

That said I think Lombardi finishes the Portfield era.

Comment

It's hard to predict. Some coaches are happy with small-college life and the lack of media pressure that comes at big venues. There are several coaches in the PSAC that have been around quite a few years. He's certainly the man at Ship.

Comment

Not a great afternoon to be a Mountie. Ship leads 39-19 at the half up thar'.

Comment

SATURDAY'S FINALS...
                  SHEP 85. BLOOM. 74
                  SHIP. 81. MANS. 55
                  MC. 86. CLAR. 44
                  ESU. 74. MILL. 66
                  GU. 82. SHU. 76
                  LHU. 91. KUTZ. 74

LATE GAMES
                  UPJ. 98. BORO. 73
                  IUP. 96. SRU. 60

Is SRU just playing out the string ? Successive Saturday losses by 98-70 and and 96-60 looks like they're lost the spirit to compete or they're satisfied with the sixth spot.

???
                  ?????

Last edited by CALUPA69; 02-08-2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                    SATURDAY'S FINALS...
                    SHEP 85. BLOOM. 74
                    SHIP. 81. MANS. 55
                    MC. 86. CLAR. 44
                    ESU. 74. MILL. 66
                    GU. 82. SHU. 76
                    LHU. 91. KUTZ. 74

LATE GAMES
                    UPJ. 98. BORO. 73
                    IUP. 96. SRU. 60

Is SRU just playing out the string ? Successive Saturday losses by 98-70 and and 96-60 looks like they're lost the spirit to compete or they're satisfied with the sixth spot.

???
                    ?????

That Catholic School battle was pretty tight in Greensburg? GU sleepwalking?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That Catholic School battle was pretty tight in Greensburg? GU sleepwalking?

Comment

Comment

Can you get near a sellout Wednesday? I'd have to think it's possible.

Comment

Good Lord. That's a lot of free throws. By way of contrast, there were a total of 16 FTs in the Ship-Mansfield game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X