Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone could have told me they'd give me a million dollars if all I had to do was bet $5 GU wins (they didnt have to win.. just place the bet).. and id not have placed the bet lol I never would have imagined GU losing by less than 20 at IUP

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
      Someone could have told me they'd give me a million dollars if all I had to do was bet $5 GU wins (they didnt have to win.. just place the bet).. and id not have placed the bet lol I never would have imagined GU losing by less than 20 at IUP
      They played well. I think they shot like 60% in the second half.

To their credit every single time it looked like IUP was going to pull away .. GU hit a big shot. Over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Was told on Wednesday that Tertsea was sick. Wow ... he must be super sick to miss two games. Could have used him in both.
        If he has flu or anything contagious, I could see Gannon not allowing him to travel.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They played well. I think they shot like 60% in the second half.

To their credit every single time it looked like IUP was going to pull away .. GU hit a big shot. Over and over again.
          They played extremely well. They had some string defensive stances in which they frustrated IUP and it then led to some self-implosive errors by the Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

They played extremely well. They had some string defensive stances in which they frustrated IUP and it then led to some self-implosive errors by the Hawks.

Comment

While I've had a few times that I've wondered if Gannon just out coached in second halves (dominated first half then fell apart, kept close then fell apart, kept close all game and then small things at end lead to loss etc)... close losses have been a staple of GU Basketball for quite some many years now as well as the inability to either a) close out a win or b) do what it takes to get a late win. If you gave Coach Reilly an additional 20-25 points in some of his seasons, GUs record would have been a lot better (and they could even have a few National Championship appearances).

So, in my opinion, I have to wait until Jefferson gets "his" team to truly wonder about close game falters.
              (also not saying Coach Reilly was ever outcoached per say, but he often didnt have a deep bench and players averaging 35+ mins a game on a team that does nothing but work hard... not a helper)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X