WCU. 86 MILL. 69
    IUP.101 CLAR. 49
    MC. 60. CAL. 56
    UPJ. 85. SHU. 73
    ESU. 92. LHU. 83
    BLOOM. 83 . KUTZ. 71
    LATE GAME
    SHIP. 66. SHEP. 59
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 02-26-2020, 08:51 PM.

Couple of upsets in the MEC tonight:

Concord 89. WVSU 75.
    Urbana 74. Wheeling 67.

Charleston avoids the near-upset with a one-point victory over Glenville.

Everything else chalk.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      WEDNESDAY'S FINALS...
      SRU. 95. BORO. 60
      WCU. 86 MILL. 69
      IUP.101 CLAR. 49
      MC. 60. CAL. 56
      UPJ. 85. SHU. 73
      ESU. 92. LHU. 83
      BLOOM. 83 . KUTZ. 71
      LATE GAME
      SHIP. 66. SHEP. 59
      ++

Comment

Comment

Raiders are still just a tick off offensively. Just enough that keeps some suspense in games they were winning by 20 earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            Raiders are still just a tick off offensively. Just enough that keeps some suspense in games they were winning by 20 earlier.
            As a senior citizen I can do without the suspense.

Comment

Meanwhile, ESU has won 8 straight, and are looking more deserving of regional consideration. Troy Jones was the star last night, scoring 21 points in 21 minutes off the bench. It's a different guy every night, and that's what makes the Warriors such a tough opponent. They also hit 10 3-pointers for the 11th time this year. They're 10-1 when that happens...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                Meanwhile, ESU has won 8 straight, and are looking more deserving of regional consideration. Troy Jones was the star last night, scoring 21 points in 21 minutes off the bench. It's a different guy every night, and that's what makes the Warriors such a tough opponent. They also hit 10 3-pointers for the 11th time this year. They're 10-1 when that happens...
                You're not going to lose many games when you hit 10 three-pointers. The game becomes a lot easier when you make shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

You're not going to lose many games when you hit 10 three-pointers. The game becomes a lot easier when you make shots.
                  For what it's worth, Notre Dame made 10 threes last night and lost by 14.

Sometimes those stats depend upon number of possessions (i.e., in the up-tempo MEC, one of the philosophies is to play fast and increase the number of possessions in the game). In doing so, it becomes entirely possible to earn 30 points on bonus bombs but still have enough empty possessions to lose by 14. That's why Columbuseer always likes to look at points-per-possession as his stat of choice. It helps to look across conferences and compare an up-tempo team to a methodical team reasonably effectively.

Comment

One thing I will never agree with is not starting seniors on senior night. I dont care if they are walkons who have played 2 mins their entire career or a notorious 6th man. It will not affect the outcome of the game IF the coach plays it right. If you're starting 3 different players than usual then you obviously are not going to expect them to do exactly what your normal starters do. Play it to the strength of those guys that have earned it.. give them 2 minutes if you get down. That's enough to give them what they've earned. Worst case you're down a few points when the starters come in. I'm sorry if they cant overcome a small deficit strong chance is you were going to lose anyways.

Now, different story for that is if it's a one or two year player. I dont feel it's as obligatory for them to get a start on Senior night. If the coach feels they should then great, but the 3&4 year players.. definitely should.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Sometimes those stats depend upon number of possessions (i.e., in the up-tempo MEC, one of the philosophies is to play fast and increase the number of possessions in the game). In doing so, it becomes entirely possible to earn 30 points on bonus bombs but still have enough empty possessions to lose by 14. That's why Columbuseer always likes to look at points-per-possession as his stat of choice. It helps to look across conferences and compare an up-tempo team to a methodical team reasonably effectively.
                      What team (if any) keeps track of points per possession? It's not a stat I have ever seen in ANY official box score...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What team (if any) keeps track of points per possession? It's not a stat I have ever seen in ANY official box score...
                        Scrub is bringing Sabremetrics to D2 basketball

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Scrub is bringing Sabremetrics to D2 basketball
                          Columbuseer is the Peter Brand of Moneyball.

I have read interviews with WL coach Ben Holand. They keep stats in practice down to the minute. True story.

It obviously helps them. WL is an elite program.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

One thing I will never agree with is not starting seniors on senior night. I dont care if they are walkons who have played 2 mins their entire career or a notorious 6th man. It will not affect the outcome of the game IF the coach plays it right. If you're starting 3 different players than usual then you obviously are not going to expect them to do exactly what your normal starters do. Play it to the strength of those guys that have earned it.. give them 2 minutes if you get down. That's enough to give them what they've earned. Worst case you're down a few points when the starters come in. I'm sorry if they cant overcome a small deficit strong chance is you were going to lose anyways.

Now, different story for that is if it's a one or two year player. I dont feel it's as obligatory for them to get a start on Senior night. If the coach feels they should then great, but the 3&4 year players.. definitely should.
                            I didn't say I objected to it. In fact, I said it was a classy move. What I did say is that it seemed to throw off our rotation for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

If you're making 10 threes and losing a ball game, you'd better play slower or play better defense.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X