Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A RANT: For those reading in the IUP Athletic and Comm Media Departments...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

When you see their equipment in person it looks like ESPN is in the building. It's not the ghetto feed shooting from the crows nest, either. They give multiple angles, etc. They even have the pretty sideline reporters. Bradavdo Joe occassionally does a halftime interview.

I don't buy the Homer City comment, either. Trust me. Two of Joe's biggest donors watch the feed. I'm not talking $100 once a year types.
    I love the picture. I love the replays. I love the angles. I put up with the below the line student commentary. But the inability for the video feed to play continuously is unacceptable. Like you said, if Mansfield can figure it out, why can't IUP?

"Clem from Homer City".... What a jabroni comment that was.

Comment

Think what you want but its the same as the quality of the student play by play: the people with the power to change things never watch or listen. They're working the games. Nobody goes back to review either. Unless there's a complaint of misconduct or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Think what you want but its the same as the quality of the student play by play: the people with the power to change things never watch or listen. They're working the games. Nobody goes back to review either. Unless there's a complaint of misconduct or something like that.
        And we wonder why the PASSHE is in the condition it is ....

Comment

When you see their equipment in person it looks like ESPN is in the building. It's not the ghetto feed shooting from the crows nest, either. They give multiple angles, etc. They even have the pretty sideline reporters. Bradavdo Joe occassionally does a halftime interview.

I don't buy the Homer City comment, either. Trust me. Two of Joe's biggest donors watch the feed. I'm not talking $100 once a year types.

Comment

I think most of you are full of it if you don't think they care more about the fannies actually in the seats. There was nothing incorrect about that statement.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              I think most of you are full of it if you don't think they care more about the fannies actually in the seats. There was nothing incorrect about that statement.

You may have a different opinion on this matter when you tune in to watch Shippensburg in the Regional and can only watch 20 seconds at a time.

The frustration of many is this has been a season-long debacle ... that still isn't fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Comment

And we wonder why the PASSHE is in the condition it is ....
                  I'm not sure what the quality of the basketball video feed at IUP, which you guys are saying is almost entirely an IUP issue, has to do with the condition of PASSHE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I'm not sure what the quality of the basketball video feed at IUP, which you guys are saying is almost entirely an IUP issue, has to do with the condition of PASSHE.
                    He (FightingScot) is a higher education guy that works in admissions/administration. So most of his posts come from that viewpoint. His shot across the bow at anybody complaining is that it isn't going to get fixed because it's really nobody's job to fix. Or, better yet, it isn't going to get fixed because none of the powers to be believe it's an issue. Therefore, what we see (or in this case, don't get to see) isn't going to get changed.

IUPBigIndians is suggesting that this issue is just a microcosm of why the PASSHE is failing. There's clear issues that have been reported, people know what those issues are, yet nobody will fix them because they don't think they are bad enough and because there haven't been any rules broken.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

He (FightingScot) is a higher education guy that works in admissions/administration. So most of his posts come from that viewpoint. His shot across the bow at anybody complaining is that it isn't going to get fixed because it's really nobody's job to fix. Or, better yet, it isn't going to get fixed because none of the powers to be believe it's an issue. Therefore, what we see (or in this case, don't get to see) isn't going to get changed.

IUPBigIndians is suggesting that this issue is just a microcosm of why the PASSHE is failing. There's clear issues that have been reported, people know what those issues are, yet nobody will fix them because they don't think they are bad enough and because there haven't been any rules broken.
                      I don't work in admissions, but I work in higher ed. I'm just saying that since IUP doesn't make money on the broadcast (it costs them money), quality isn't reviewed and certainly not benchmarked. I believe everyone upgraded video quality per PSAC streaming requirements - but quality of the production is still barely acceptable. For the most part its still a student passion project facilitated by the university Comm departments. A couple years ago I complained about the quality of Edinboro's video feed and I got a couple gray hairs from different departments explaining what it takes to even make this happen and that they benchmarked and they were consistent across the board. The only difference was IUP and Slippery Rock football using local radio guys to do their game calling.

For IUP, it could be a connection issue. If its 100% student-run, then its possible they're trying to run the stream through wifi (common Gen Z mistake). Or its also possible that they're using a computer so old that its affecting the stream.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

All this might be true, but the fact that the feeds seem to be working better at most of the other schools leads me to believe that this might be more of a local problem than a PASSHE issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

All this might be true, but the fact that the feeds seem to be working better at most of the other schools leads me to believe that this might be more of a local problem than a PASSHE issue.
                          At the end of the day ... I don't think anybody really cares what is causing the problem. The problem just needs fixed. That's the point of IUP24 starting this thread.

Being that Regional Saturday is in 12 days ... this season-long headache could now cause problems for the masses -- not just IUP fans.

They can hire Clem from Homer City to fix the damn thing ... whatever it takes.

Comment

Guys, I screwed up. Clem is from Blairsville. Sorry for the offense.

Comment

How much chance is there that this conversation is all for nothing? If the IUP men lose on Wednesday and West Liberty wins the MEC, could the top seed slip away? Same thing with women, with the added caveat that Grenville beat them?

Comment

At the end of the day ... I don't think anybody really cares what is causing the problem. The problem just needs fixed. That's the point of IUP24 starting this thread.

Being that Regional Saturday is in 12 days ... this season-long headache could now cause problems for the masses -- not just IUP fans.

They can hire Clem from Homer City to fix the damn thing ... whatever it takes.
                                I don't disagree with you. At this point I'm just hoping Ship can qualify for the regional tournament and then we'll worry about crossing other bridges.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X