Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A RANT: For those reading in the IUP Athletic and Comm Media Departments...

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A RANT: For those reading in the IUP Athletic and Comm Media Departments...

To athletic director Todd Gazarelli, SID Ryan Rebholz, the IUP basketball programs, and the powers that be inside the IUP Communications Media department.... It's no secret on here. We all know that you read what we all say on this message board. As a donor to your basketball programs and a young alumni who is invested in the athletic programs and university, here is my message to all of you:

FIX YOUR LIVE STREAM. And you better do it fast...

Your men's and women's basketball programs are inching closer to both hosting the NCAA Atlantic Regional Tournament. This means that you will have the broadcast rights for the tournament games held on your campus. Somehow, the first class facilities and elite basketball programs don't result in an above average video feed for your basketball games.

The quality of your video stream is utterly atrocious. It freezes. It skips. It lags. It only runs for about 20-40 seconds before it either stops or boots you out. Whether using the streaming app on the Roku or the available link on the computer, the result is always the same. And it's been this way for almost every single game of the 2019-2020 basketball season. It's absolutely unacceptable.

At first, I believed that this was a connection issue on my end. I thought it was a problem with my WiFi. However, every other school in the PSAC has a working stream that doesn't stop, skip, lag, freeze, etc. It's totally on you. This is an IUP issue. Schools without any semblance of a fan base or following have better video feeds than what IUP is offering for their fans. It's shameful and you all should be absolutely embarrassed.

I'm a passionate supporter of IUP basketball. And I will continue to be that. However, I no longer live in the Pittsburgh area and cannot attend games in person. The wonderful education I received at IUP opened up broader opportunities for me, so I have to follow using the available streaming services that exist. Please fix this, or do what the MEC does and hire professionals to run the broadcast for the Regional. I'm not the only person who has complained about this issue either. It's at the point where I no longer want to even try to watch IUP basketball.
    Last edited by IUP24; 03-01-2020, 11:55 AM.

100% agree... the first class school of the PSAC should have the first class video feed to support it!

Comment

I give you credit for even trying. Even the link in the 'On Demand' section of the PSAC site stinks for re-watching an IUP game.

Why is this so difficult?

Comment

I'm interested in seeing if we hear back. Those guys all read this. And don't cower down now. We all know you are lurking on here. You care what we say. These are your donors.

Comment

I actually had to watch the replay this morning since I was at a Wedding yesterday. The replay was choppy and missing seconds here and there the whole game. It sucks!!!

Comment

Yup, it is all true. Even though that I more or less stopped being an IUP basketball fan some years back after many avid years of following it---I did try to tune in for several games to just see some of them in passing. It was nearly all but impossible to watch due to the problems that are outlined up above.

I think the powers that be also ought to do something about KCAC ticket prices. They are truly absurd!

-

Comment

Funny thing is IUP has some of the best video equipment at the KCAC, the in-house direct feed is awesome - then they hook it all up to a crappy streaming server. Knowing IT at IUP it probably has tons of unnecessary anti-virus software on it slowing it down -" just to be safe"

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post
                Funny thing is IUP has some of the best video equipment at the KCAC, the in-house direct feed is awesome - then they hook it all up to a crappy streaming server. Knowing IT at IUP it probably has tons of unnecessary anti-virus software on it slowing it down -" just to be safe"
                To be honest, those who tune in don't really give two sh!ts what is causing it. Even Mansfield can put on a feed that doesn't freeze every 20 seconds.

Just fix it. All that fancy equipment is putting out the worst broadcast in the region. Freaking Gannon is like Blair Witch 1999 but you can at least watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

To be honest, those who tune in don't really give two sh!ts what is causing it. Even Mansfield can put on a feed that doesn't freeze every 20 seconds.

Just fix it. All that fancy equipment is putting out the worst broadcast in the region. Freaking Gannon is like Blair Witch 1999 but you can at least watch it.

Comment

You stream for free, Clem from Homer City pays $17 to watch in person and buys a $10 Coors Light. Guess who they care more about.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      You stream for free, Clem from Homer City pays $17 to watch in person and buys a $10 Coors Light. Guess who they care more about.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

When you see their equipment in person it looks like ESPN is in the building. It's not the ghetto feed shooting from the crows nest, either. They give multiple angles, etc. They even have the pretty sideline reporters. Bradavdo Joe occassionally does a halftime interview.

I don't buy the Homer City comment, either. Trust me. Two of Joe's biggest donors watch the feed. I'm not talking $100 once a year types.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X