X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mountain East Conference Tournament

Women's Basketball First Round * Wednesday, March 4
    Time Matchup Coverage
    Noon WBB: #7 Wheeling vs. #10 Davis & Elkins Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #7 Seed | #10 Seed
    2:15 p.m. WBB: #8 West Liberty vs. #9 W.Va. State Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #8 Seed | #9 Seed
    First Round Recap | First Round Photo Gallery
    Men's Basketball First Round * Wednesday, March 4
    Time Matchup Coverage
    6 p.m. MBB: #7 W.Va. Wesleyan vs. #10 Urbana Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #7 Seed | #10 Seed
    8:15 p.m. MBB: #8 Concord vs. #9 Notre Dame Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #8 Seed | #9 Seed
    First Round Recap | First Round Photo Gallery
    Women's Basketball Quarterfinals * Thursday, March 5
    Time Matchup Coverage
    Noon #2 Notre Dame vs. #7/10 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #2 Seed | #7/10
    2:15 p.m. #3 Charleston vs. #6 Fairmont State Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #3 Seed | #6 Seed
    6 p.m. #1 Glenville State vs. #8/9 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: GSC | #8/9
    8:15 p.m. #4 Concord vs. #5 Urbana Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #4 Seed | #5 Seed
    Quarterfinal Recap | Quarterfinal Photo Gallery
    Men's Basketball Quarterfinals * Friday, March 6
    Time Matchup Coverage
    Noon #2 Charleston vs. #7/10 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #2 Seed | #7/10
    2:15 p.m. #3 Fairmont State vs. #6 Glenville State Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #3 Seed | #6 Seed
    6 p.m. #1 West Liberty vs. #8/9 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: WLU | #8/9
    8:15 p.m. #4 W.Va. State vs. #5 Wheeling Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #4 Seed | #5 Seed
    Quarterfinals Recap | Quarterfinals Photo Gallery
    Women's Basketball Semifinals * Saturday, March 7
    Time Matchup Coverage
    Noon #1/8/9 Winner vs. #4/5 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #1/8/9 | #4/5
    2:15 p.m. #2/7/10 Winner def. #3/6 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #2/7/10 | #3/6
    Semifinals Recap | Semifinals Photo Gallery
    Men's Basketball Semifinals * Saturday, March 7
    Time Matchup Coverage
    6 p.m. #1/8/9 Winner vs. #4/5 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #1/8/9 | #4/5
    8:15 p.m. #2/7/10 Winner def. #3/6 Winner Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: #2/7/10 | #3/6
    Semifinals Recap | Semifinals Photo Gallery
    Women's Basketball Championship * Sunday, March 8
    Time Matchup Coverage
    2 p.m.* TBD Live Stats | Watch | Postgame: Finalist 1 | Finalist 2
    Championship Recap | Championship Photo Gallery
    Men's Basketball Championship * Sunday, March 8
    Time Matchup Coverage
    5 p.m.* TBD

I have to be honest. I have hardly followed D2 basketball this year. Work/life and this and that control that. But it is that time of the year. People will have to fill in my blanks. I use to follow WV small college basketball religiously.

I think it is a great 5 days of basketball. Having both men and women at the same venue is great imo. it is a class operation and much better than having it on campuses. NCAA regionals are on campuses. That is fine. But the MEC tourney is one of the best operations in D2 imo. The video and audio are always well done by professionals.

I didn't realize Wheeling's men had that good of a season. Coach of the year? I don't know. That surprised me but is good for the school.

Can any team beat Glenville women in this tourney? As I said, I just haven't followed things.

I also thought I read where the MEC picked up the option for a third year to keep the tourney in Wheeling?

It looks like West Lib has won 18 of its last 19 on men's side.

Comment

Thanks, JDAB.

Comment

Still can't figure out why AB isn't in the MEC. Perfect fit.

Comment

Let's not go there. I am not trying to be smart, but let's talk tourney. I grew up on the WVIAC tourney in Charleston during its' finest years. I never missed a year. I went to the MEC tourney in Charleston once. I will go to Wheeling soon....maybe next year. Hopefully they are pricing the tickets at a reasonable rate. I thought Charleston really started hitting the few people that supported the tourneys pretty hard on ticket and concession prices. I get it. Wheeling is a much better sports town than Charleston.

I did see where Concord women beat Glenville State women on Saturday. Big win for Kenny Osborne who does a solid job.

How many NCAA bids are pretty much locks for men and women for the MEC?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Still can't figure out why AB isn't in the MEC. Perfect fit.
            Thought football was the reason for the WVIAC break-up. Does AB have football (too lazy to google)

Comment

Wheeling will be a good host ... although you might as well play these games on the Hilltop. This will be a WL love fest.

Like the old days of Tiger Woods ... this tournament in Vegas would be WL or the field.

And, I'm taking WL all day long in a de facto home tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Wheeling will be a good host ... although you might as well play these games on the Hilltop. This will be a WL love fest.

Like the old days of Tiger Woods ... this tournament in Vegas would be WL or the field.

And, I'm taking WL all day long in a de facto home tournament.
                But you can't blame the MEC for wanting to stop hosting the thing in an empty building in Charleston. WLU is the only team in the conference that can consistently draw over 1,000 people per game. So, the conference wants those 1,000 people (and then some) to go down to Wesbanco Arena. If I recall, the championship game last year drew something in the neighborhood of 3,000-3,500 people. They never got that in Charleston. So, yes, it will be a predominantly WLU crowd, but you can't blame the conference for wanting to play these things in front of people. And the WLU crowd is at least a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

But you can't blame the MEC for wanting to stop hosting the thing in an empty building in Charleston. WLU is the only team in the conference that can consistently draw over 1,000 people per game. So, the conference wants those 1,000 people (and then some) to go down to Wesbanco Arena. If I recall, the championship game last year drew something in the neighborhood of 3,000-3,500 people. They never got that in Charleston. So, yes, it will be a predominantly WLU crowd, but you can't blame the conference for wanting to play these things in front of people. And the WLU crowd is at least a crowd.
                  Not at all. Follow the money.

Comment

Also cant blame the MEC for the situation with Wheeling Univ basketball. Would have been great if WU had stayed at their high level because they drew as well as WLU. Add relatively close by Fairmont and the relatively close prox to NDC (good before this year) and it makes perfect sense to have the tourney in have the tourney at WestBanco.

Still, the move to Wheeling has been a great one for the MEC. Charleston had started phoning it in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                      How many NCAA bids are pretty much locks for men and women for the MEC?
                      On the men's side, WLU, Fairmont State, and Charleston are pretty much locks.

Comment

The women's basketball all-conference teams and other awards were released yesterday:

https://mountaineast.org/news/2020/3...ll-awards.aspx

Comment

The men's basketball awards were announced:
                          https://mountaineast.org/news/2020/3...ll-awards.aspx

7/10 and 8/9 games kick off today.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

Thought football was the reason for the WVIAC break-up. Does AB have football (too lazy to google)
                            It was and it does. Not going to rehash the history of the break-up.

Comment

#7 Wheeling Jesuit defeats #10 D&E 69-60.
                              Wheeling will now take on #2 Notre Dame.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X