Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

He's not that good. Not a major loss. DS can upgrade his spot via transfer. For all we know Danny told him to leave. We can't assume all these guys left. Some may have been told their money wasn't being renewed. Happens all the time. Happened in Indiana yesterday.
    I would counter that if he isn't that good but was a starter for half the year and still earned over 14 minutes per game when moved to the bench, that says somthing about the depth of the team. And that is a problem that is going to be exaserbated with the departure of six other players from this past seasons roster.

Sure, Cal could go the JUCO route, but that is not without peril.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Per @WizardOfBoz4 he will play his last season as a grad student at CAL U. How this will effect the chemistry of a pretty good, but significantly different VULCAN team, will remain to be seen.
      He took that Tweet down pretty quickly.

Remember they aren't 'allowed' to make any contact with recruits right now ... no calls, texts, offers, ... nada.

#wink-wink ....

Of course ... to beleive no recruiting is going on would be foolish.

Comment

He took that Tweet down pretty quickly.

Remember they aren't 'allowed' to make any contact with recruits right now ... no calls, texts, offers, ... nada.

#wink-wink ....

Of course ... to beleive no recruiting is going on would be foolish.

Comment

That time of the year for many ...

Mansfield's Christian Simmons is looking for a new home. He's a nice 6'5" G/F. One year to play.
          I bet he could be a starter for the Alderson Broaddus Battlers. https://gobattlers.com/news/2019/12/...all-coach.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I bet he could be a starter for the Alderson Broaddus Battlers. https://gobattlers.com/news/2019/12/...all-coach.aspx
            He might be looking for a chance at a good run!

Comment

Mason Shifflett is leaving West Liberty. I am assuming he was redshirted this year. He was a good player for Teays Valley Christian. Verbal Commits says he has 4 years to play.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                Mason Shifflett is leaving West Liberty. I am assuming he was redshirted this year. He was a good player for Teays Valley Christian. Verbal Commits says he has 4 years to play.
                He did, indeed, redshirt this year. And he may have seen the good work done by true Freshmen Butler & Hazelbaker coupled with a couple of high quality recruits that Columbus has detailed in a recent thread. It's possible Shifflett just didn't see a path to minutes at WLU. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Comment

Andrew Seager is leaving Mercyhurst.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

He did, indeed, redshirt this year. And he may have seen the good work done by true Freshmen Butler & Hazelbaker coupled with a couple of high quality recruits that Columbus has detailed in a recent thread. It's possible Shifflett just didn't see a path to minutes at WLU. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.
                    Sorry to hear he is leaving. So hard to play at WLU as a true freshman. Dalton, Luke, Marlon and Will all redshirted.
                    The wlu style requires players to fully develop a complete skill set and it requires effort and dedication beyond that of most schools. I wish him well.

Comment

Kutztown's Dylan Elliott

Cal losing 2 more. Liam Wholaver and Nicholas Manso. Cal with 8 transfers is in the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                        Kutztown's Dylan Elliott

Cal losing 2 more. Liam Wholaver and Nicholas Manso. Cal with 8 transfers is in the lead.
                        Wow, losing 8 from a team that did as well as they did! 8 isn't a shocking number, as we've seen that at Gannon under Coach Reilly, however, that was typically after Gannon went historically bad that season and was bringing in a new team.

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

Wow, losing 8 from a team that did as well as they did! 8 isn't a shocking number, as we've seen that at Gannon under Coach Reilly, however, that was typically after Gannon went historically bad that season and was bringing in a new team.
                          Although there's time, I'm surprised Gannon is only at 2. Olawoye isn't a surprise - he struggled to find a spot on KJs team. I feel he should have been starting over Webb the last few weeks (GU did better when Webb came off bench). Victor will flourish at a good home. Chris Roberts isn't a surprise merely based on lack of playing time. Not knowing what he can do, or what he thinks he can do, made him a question mark.

The 2 I Thought would immediately be in the portal are Ben Horsford and Jon Harewood. Harewood even moreso now that Victor is (they came in from same AAU program). With the majority of KJs recruiting interest being PGs and SGs, Clancy all but guaranteed the 2 spot and KJ showing a comfort of running without a true PG at times, I figured these 2 would be looking for playing time elsewhere.

Comment

** Breaking **

Robbie Heath, West Chester, has entered the transfer portal.

First Team All-Region (no comment) as a freshman.
                            I think I predicted that...

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Yeah...Some players just aren't cut out to play at WLU. Concerning minutes at WLU, not a whole lot of 3rd, 4th (and 5th) year players that don't average in the 15 MPG range and we're not talking garbage time minutes here! Unlike many other teams, WLU doesn't bring in an army of players every year...we usually have 13 players on the team as opposed to 20 for some teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Sorry to hear he is leaving. So hard to play at WLU as a true freshman. Dalton, Luke, Marlon and Will all redshirted.
                                The wlu style requires players to fully develop a complete skill set and it requires effort and dedication beyond that of most schools. I wish him well.
                                I agree that it is tough to play at WLU...both physically and mentally. But the history shows that if you can physically and mentally do it, you are rewarded with minutes. Hard to find a junior or senior in WLU's history that didn't average 15+ minutes per game...and by and large, these are quality minutes and not the garbage time variety.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X