Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bart View Post
    Kutztown and Lock Haven's Tarojae Blake transferring again.
    So, he sat out a full season to play at Kutztown ... then leaves after one season.

Recall he once 'Twitter-committed' to West Liberty. I'd guess he heads to the MEC.

He's a nice player.

Comment

Correction: Brake is a grad transfer. He's open season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Nine is a lot but so far I wouldn't say there's many actual losses. If anything Danny has a lot of cap room. Keep in mind he may have simply cut some of these guys, too.
        If you can lose nine players and there aren't many actual losses, doesn't say much for their recruiting depth.

Comment

Fayetteville State and West Liberty are finalists for Mansfield transfer Christian Simmons.

It was heavily rumored IUP was interested but no offer was extended.

Simmons has listed his Final 8.

Robert Morris is also interested.

Comment

Former Vulcan Luke House signs with Drexel.

Comment

Former Vulcan Luke House signs with Drexel.
              Very nice step up for a Philly area kid. Wish him all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Very nice step up for a Philly area kid. Wish him all the best.

He sure didn't strike me as a D1 recruit. He's at that odd size ... too small for a D1 post player and probably too slow for a D1 guard. Assuming he's going there as a walk-on?

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                  What's goin' on at Cal?... Anyone?
                  A number just saw the writing on the wall. DS isn't going to play more than 7-9 on a regular basis and if you want to be more than a practice player it's time to move on. Also some indication that his BOBBY KNIGHT LIGHT style of coaching was getting old. If they had won 3-4 of their close loses and were actually in the running for a post season spot, a few may have been excited enough to stay. Others like LUKE HOUSE, now apparently at DREXEL, had clearly better options.
                  The world is so upsidedown right now I can't see that any of this matters. We'll see come August.

Comment

He sure didn't strike me as a D1 recruit. He's at that odd size ... too small for a D1 post player and probably too slow for a D1 guard. Assuming he's going there as a walk-on?
                    I'd have to guess his .420 3pt average has something to do with it. Also 2nd in assists and very few turnovers despite playing the most minutes. Just a smart hardworking player who can get points at crucial junctures.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

A number just saw the writing on the wall. DS isn't going to play more than 7-9 on a regular basis and if you want to be more than a practice player it's time to move on. Also some indication that his BOBBY KNIGHT LIGHT style of coaching was getting old. If they had won 3-4 of their close loses and were actually in the running for a post season spot, a few may have been excited enough to stay. Others like LUKE HOUSE, now apparently at DREXEL, had clearly better options.
                      The world is so upsidedown right now I can't see that any of this matters. We'll see come August.
                      I certainly don't anticipate a football season. Hopefully we at least get basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I certainly don't anticipate a football season. Hopefully we at least get basketball.
                        That would be devastating

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

That would be devastating
                          If students have to stay off campus the first semester, the football season will be the least of PASSHE schools' problems. All we can do is see how this thing plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If students have to stay off campus the first semester, the football season will be the least of PASSHE schools' problems. All we can do is see how this thing plays out.
                            Valid ... but this is a sports message board. So, no football or basketball will majorly SUCK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

If you can lose nine players and there aren't many actual losses, doesn't say much for their recruiting depth.
                              Cal had seven players earn starts last year, those same seven all earned 20+ minutes per game and were also the only players to average more than 10 MPG. Of those seven, four are transfering. I would say about any team that had four of its top seven players transfer in one year, that is pretty distressing and much more dire that just end of the bench guys that realized they would never see playing time opting to leave.

You can say that Cal was able to hold onto it's three prize pigs and that may be true. but last I checked it takes at least five to play a game and I would also add that you probably not going to win many games unless you have at least two quality bench players. Yes, Cal brought in Boswell so that gives them four. Still need to bring in another starter and at minimum two quality bench guys. But hey, it is possible to find quality guys this late as Wheeling has been able to do under two HC's for two consecutive years now...question is, is DS up to the task of recruiting in arenas that he doesn't have much experience in (non-Catholic schools, late in the recruiting season, and JUCO/D1 transfers)? Being nice, I would say the jurry is out on DS and Cal's prospects for the coming year.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Nine is a lot but so far I wouldn't say there's many actual losses. If anything Danny has a lot of cap room. Keep in mind he may have simply cut some of these guys, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X