Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know for a fact that the players on that team were pretty close. From what I have heard about DS is he isn't much of a communicator. No feedback was given to the kids throughout the year on what they needed to focus on, what their role was and how they could improve. Plus DS had no help on the bench, he has to get a better quality assistant who does more to develop the players. But maybe that is part DS fault because he doesn't trust his coaches. DS was close to losing two other players...very close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post
      I thought Sancomb was at Cal to form a close-knit winning team .

He had the talent and roster to be a low-seed tournament team last year. Just sayin'

They lost a lot of games they shouldn't have lost -- including blowing an 18-point lead at IUP (and losing by 17) in the first meeting.

I said House was too slow to be a D1 guard (he is). He's also pretty small for a D1 post player. Hopefully he does well up there but he's more of a D2 guy. You hate to see guys like him get sold a D1 dream and go up there and be the 13th guy on the bench rather than playing 35 mpg in D2.

Comment

• Glenville State 6'4" freshman guard Steve Verplancken is leaving after one year. He averaged 16.4 points, 5.0 rebounds & 3.1 assists.

Comment

• Not actually about transfers but has anyone heard news from WHEELING UNIVERSITY. The current situation is tough on all schools but financially frail ones have bigger fish to fry. Anything???

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
            Not actually about transfers but has anyone heard news from WHEELING UNIVERSITY. The current situation is tough on all schools but financially frail ones have bigger fish to fry. Anything???
            Feb 21 2020 diocese giving them another 5 million over 5 years. Will receive 2.5 m for next school year. Combined with 2m given last august, it might put hem close to their goal of $5m by May from one donor. Here is article.
            https://www.theintelligencer.net/new...ng-university/

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Feb 21 2020 diocese giving them another 5 million over 5 years. Will receive 2.5 m for next school year. Combined with 2m given last august, it might put hem close to their goal of $5m by May from one donor. Here is article.
              https://www.theintelligencer.net/new...ng-university/
              Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                Glenville State 6'4" freshman guard Steve Verplancken is leaving after one year. He averaged 16.4 points, 5.0 rebounds & 3.1 assists.
                That's a pretty big loss for GSC. Verplancken was the engine that made that team go. "NBA player" Bledsoe may have led the team in points & rebounds, but anybody who watched that team play knows that Verplancken was the heart of that team. Tough loss for GSC; nice gain for whomever ends up with Verplancken.

Comment

• He tweeted that he is testing the D1 waters but maintaining contact with Glenville. He tweeted he has been offered by Southern Utah. I agree that he made the difference in Glenville getting out of the basement this past season.

He was a good prospect coming out of Teays Valley Christian. I thought when he announced that he might be following TVC coach to Rio Grande which I thought would be a bad move. But apparently he has higher aspirations.

Glenville State did just sign a heck of a HS player in the LeRose kid out of Shady Spring.

Comment

He tweeted that he is testing the D1 waters but maintaining contact with Glenville. He tweeted he has been offered by Southern Utah. I agree that he made the difference in Glenville getting out of the basement this past season.

He was a good prospect coming out of Teays Valley Christian. I thought when he announced that he might be following TVC coach to Rio Grande which I thought would be a bad move. But apparently he has higher aspirations.

Glenville State did just sign a heck of a HS player in the LeRose kid out of Shady Spring.
                    Testing the water ... don't let the door hit ya. These coaches best set a precedent that if you test the waters you're no longer welcome.

Comment

He tweeted that he is testing the D1 waters but maintaining contact with Glenville. He tweeted he has been offered by Southern Utah. I agree that he made the difference in Glenville getting out of the basement this past season.

Top 10 teams in Atlantic region could probably hang with southern Utah. I guess if you are not playing after college and want to brag about being d1 then go right ahead.

I hope he realizes the NBA is not in his future regardless of his skill. Not big enough or quick enough. Europe is entirely different style. Pick a school that will develop the basketball iq for that style rather than low level d1 teams that mimic the nba style.

Comment

• Verplancken got an offer from St. Bonaventure.

Comment

• Mansfield transfer Christian Simmons is headed to Walsh.

Comment

• Comment

• Gannon signs Jacksonville transfer Donovan Forte. Played in 7 games as a redshirt freshman this past season (1 mpg).

Power forward from Ohio ... 6'7", 220 lbs

Comment

• Allessondro offers from AB, Georgian Court, OK Baptist, Tiffin, Walsh, Stonehill, Le Moyne
                                Shiflett offers from Fresno Pacific, Biola, Montevallo, Slipper Rock, Coker, KY Wesleyan

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X