Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Moffe of Mansfield to the Citadel. That should be interesting...........

Comment

• Alessandro to Embry-Riddle - Good choice - Good Luck!
      Great school.
      World renowned in Aeronautical engineering.
      Glad he chose a strong academic school. Also, their basketball team lost 83-82 at Nova
      and defeated Nova on 2/29 at home 98-89
      lost at Florida Southern 82-77
      Finished 20-10 overall and 11-9 in conference for 5th place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
        Alessandro to Embry-Riddle - Good choice - Good Luck!
        Great school.
        World renowned in Aeronautical engineering.
        Glad he chose a strong academic school. Also, their basketball team lost 83-82 at Nova
        and defeated Nova on 2/29 at home 98-89
        lost at Florida Southern 82-77
        Finished 20-10 overall and 11-9 in conference for 5th place.
        West Liberty assistant Mike Lamberti spent 2 years at ERAU as a GA. Just heard Shifflett landed at Montevallo.

Comment

• Cal cast-off Ajike lands at D2 power Florida Southern.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Cal cast-off Ajike lands at D2 power Florida Southern.
            He was not a cast-off as he, like HOUSE, was able to position himself very well at a school that's won 2 NC and finished last season at 29-2. And given the choice I doubt there many South Jersey kids who would choose Western PA over LAKELAND, FLA !!

Comment

• Charleston was the first school in the region to jump on one of the evicted Urbana players. They signed talented Soph Shaunn Monroe.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

He was not a cast-off as he, like HOUSE, was able to position himself very well at a school that's won 2 NC and finished last season at 29-2. And given the choice I doubt there many South Jersey kids who would choose Western PA over LAKELAND, FLA !!
                Salty!!!

Comment

• I talked to two sitting PSAC West coaches in the past week. They think this year's recruiting cycle could be a disaster. Both said the hardest part is with the limitations you can only learn so much. They said they know many coaches are recruiting solely off highlight tapes -- which is extremely dangerous. They think you'll see a ton of bad fits and one-and-done players. Kids are picking schools without ever stepping foot in the town, etc.

The kid West Chester got who had offers from Shippensburg and IUP said in the local paper that he'd never heard of WCU before ... but knew they lost three guards. Word is Blair pretty much sold him he'd be their next Robbie Heath. That of course makes you wonder if he's a likely one-and-done in D2.

Call it a bad feeling but the days of four-year players on our level may be coming to an end -- certainly, at least, at the same school.

Comment

I talked to two sitting PSAC West coaches in the past week. They think this year's recruiting cycle could be a disaster. Both said the hardest part is with the limitations you can only learn so much. They said they know many coaches are recruiting solely off highlight tapes -- which is extremely dangerous. They think you'll see a ton of bad fits and one-and-done players. Kids are picking schools without ever stepping foot in the town, etc.

The kid West Chester got who had offers from Shippensburg and IUP said in the local paper that he'd never heard of WCU before ... but knew they lost three guards. Word is Blair pretty much sold him he'd be their next Robbie Heath. That of course makes you wonder if he's a likely one-and-done in D2.

Call it a bad feeling but the days of four-year players on our level may be coming to an end -- certainly, at least, at the same school.
                    He'll be back west soon enough. Those turnpike tolls and hotel nights will add up for a family from a working class community.

Comment

"MAY BE COMING TO AN END" is the understatement of the year. I'd say IS OVER more accurately describes the situation. IMO this change came about because of the refusal of the NCAA, for so long, to allow players to easily transfer even when circumstances said they should be able to do so. It reminds me of the long fight MLB had with the players over free agency. If either organization had made even modest concessions to their talent, it's possible that they could have controlled things much better. But like most large organizations the vastly overestimated their true power.

Comment

I talked to two sitting PSAC West coaches in the past week. They think this year's recruiting cycle could be a disaster. Both said the hardest part is with the limitations you can only learn so much. They said they know many coaches are recruiting solely off highlight tapes -- which is extremely dangerous. They think you'll see a ton of bad fits and one-and-done players. Kids are picking schools without ever stepping foot in the town, etc.

I think there'll be more transfers, but I wouldn't say it's the end of four-year players. If you're playing in a program that is successful, you get along OK with the coach, and you're getting good minutes, why would you transfer out? I do think it could turn into a fire sale for teams that aren't doing well, which is going to make it difficult for a coach who inherits a bottom-feeder to rebuild unless he's got a great eye for talent and can really sell the program.

Comment

• Gannon transfer Olawoye landed at New Haven.

Comment

• I think the risk increases when that player you got on the cheap or you redshirt is also from far away. Got a kid from the other side of the state for only a couple grand? When he gets the itch for more playing time you betcha he'll be sniffing around to upgrade his situation.

Comment

• Looks like former Gannon player Frank Webb wants to play another day. He's in the portal. One year left.

I'd take him in the KCAC for a year.

Comment

• Shippensburg has signed F/C Gavin Donley (6'8") out of Boiling Springs High School.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X