Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
    I think there is a 50/50 chance of the games continuing. After watching ESPN last night the former NBA players all agreed that the NCAA games should be played. It will be unfair to all the hard work these kids put into craft.

What's interesting to me is why are they cancelling the tournament games? Can they just postpone the games a few weeks? I'm talking about just the NCAA tournament games. It's not like school ends in March. They could play these games in May.

Comment

Given the relatively small numbers of people involved with no fans in the arenas, I don't know if canceling the games at this point would accomplish much. Guess we'll see what they decide.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
        I think there is a 50/50 chance of the games continuing. After watching ESPN last night the former NBA players all agreed that the NCAA games should be played. It will be unfair to all the hard work these kids put into craft.

What's interesting to me is why are they cancelling the tournament games? Can they just postpone the games a few weeks? I'm talking about just the NCAA tournament games. It's not like school ends in March. They could play these games in May.

The vast majority of professional athletes have lots of money -- and very little education. It's not their place to make such statements.

Playing these games in May isn't fair to the 'student' athlete. That's two more months of practice, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Blown out off proportion!!! The games should be played!
          Not exactly blown out of proportion. Sorry. If you think this is not a legit concern, you need to read more.

Comment

If they do cancel the season today -- a rumor that is gaining a ton of traction -- the NCAA should afford any senior scheduled to play in this year's postseason the right to come back for another year.

Those guys worked for years for their senior March run. And ... poof. It could be over before it even starts -- for reasons they cannot control.

That may sound absurd, but there will likely be lawsuits over it. Act of God, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              If they do cancel the season today -- a rumor that is gaining a ton of traction -- the NCAA should afford any senior scheduled to play in this year's postseason the right to come back for another year.

Those guys worked for years for their senior March run. And ... poof. It could be over before it even starts -- for reasons they cannot control.

That may sound absurd, but there will likely be lawsuits over it. Act of God, etc.
              I like that idea. I doubt they'll ever do it, but I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

Not exactly blown out of proportion. Sorry. If you think this is not a legit concern, you need to read more.

Comment

And now, the facts.
                  • This virus has a fatality rate 10 times higher than the common flu.
                  • People 60 and over are in particular danger. If one person exposed to the virus visits a nursing home, it's gonna to run through that facility like wildfire before that person is even tested and confirmed.
                  • "The media" is an unbelievably lazy way of referring to information dissemination. Every news organization reacts and reports differently. And if you're including social media in your definition of "the media," well, I don't know what to tell you.
                  Please, don't tell me this is overblown or not serious. I've been dealing with the realities of it all day.

Comment

And now, the facts.
                    • People 60 and over are in particular danger. If one person exposed to the virus visits a nursing home, it's gonna to run through that facility like wildfire before that person is even tested and confirmed.
                    • "The media" is an unbelievably lazy way of referring to information dissemination. Every news organization reacts and reports differently. And if you're including social media in your definition of "the media," well, I don't know what to tell you.
                    Please, don't tell me this is overblown or not serious. I've been dealing with the realities of it all day.
                    Good post. Well, actually it's just common sense.

I don't understand people going out of their way to downplay the seriousness of it. As if they know. They don't know. It's an irrational reaction to the information we're receiving.

Yeah, right, blame the media. Uh-hu. There is little opinion or hype involved. The media, for the most part, has only reported facts e.g. numbers of cases, deaths, location, input from professionals, etc.

Comment

I like that idea. I doubt they'll ever do it, but I like it.
                      Don't rule it out.

Chucky and Malik: Apply for grad school.

Comment

And now, the facts.
                        It has a fatality rate 10 times higher than the flu??? Where is this research? Also, it effects people with weak immune systems not elderly! You feel sick, go get checked!!! Life doesn't stop and that's what people are making this out to be.

Comment

MLB just delayed opening day "at least" two weeks

Comment

IUPatty's says F it.

The show goes on.

Comment

PA Governor now suggesting all events cancelled

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

It has a fatality rate 10 times higher than the flu??? Where is this research? Also, it effects people with weak immune systems not elderly! You feel sick, go get checked!!! Life doesn't stop and that's what people are making this out to be.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X