Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the season is over for a player, it's over. If they are still playing, treat it like a medical redshirt.

Comment

• I'll stand by my reasoning for my opinion on all of this.... playoffs are not guaranteed for any team... the regular seasons were completed by all teams thus no extra eligibility should be granted to anyone. If this was December, I'd definitely have a different stance. But its march and all teams were either in conference playoffs or NCAA playoffs or awaiting NCAA playoffs or sitting at home because they didnt make any playoffs. They all played complete regular seasons. They all played complete seasons.

I'll also use a different scenario as some support..if in february NCAA wrapped up some investigation of IUP and ended up banning them from playoffs for the next (example) 5 years, effective immediately. The seniors on the team would not be able to apply for extra eligibility. They'd grant underclassmen transfer rights, but those seniors are done. If the same thing happened in say November or early December, then they'd allow the seniors to quit and keep their eligibility so they can transfer next year or, pending circumstance, transfer immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

So we're supposed to believe a four-game losing streak had less importance than a loss in the first weekend of the season?...Not buying it...
        Losses are losses, whether they're in a streak or not. Collectively obviously four games are more important than one, if they win all four of those games they're a top 4 seed. You've missed the point, as I've noticed you have a tendency to do.

Comment

• Malik and Chucky (and many others) back next year has serious legs.

NCAA bumps the scholy limit up for a year.

If I was betting -- in today's world -- they're coming back.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Malik and Chucky (and many others) back next year has serious legs.

NCAA bumps the scholy limit up for a year.

If I was betting -- in today's world -- they're coming back.

Comment

• How would you like to host a 4-hours-a-day sports talk radio show for the next month?

Comment

• I personally don't think that anyone should be given an extra year. Most of the Seniors had already completed their season so why should they be given an extra year? Buuuutttt, if you give Seniors another year because they lost out on the post season, shouldn't you give Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen another season as well? They have lost out on one of their post seasons just like Seniors have.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

I personally don't think that anyone should be given an extra year. Most of the Seniors had already completed their season so why should they be given an extra year? Buuuutttt, if you give Seniors another year because they lost out on the post season, shouldn't you give Juniors, Sophomores and Freshmen another season as well? They have lost out on one of their post seasons just like Seniors have.

Comment

• Comment

• I haven't read all of the comments so I might be saying things others have said.

Basketball (and other sports) are extracurricular activities. There shouldn't be additional eligibility given. The regular season is over. Conference tournaments were completed. Everybody who used a year of eligibility in 2019-2020 was able to participate. The NCAA can't do something different for athletes on a playoff team than they do for players whose teams didn't make the playoffs. I think that would be unfair - discrimination even.

Compare this to a player who plays all year but gets hurt right before the NCAA playoffs. They don't get another year of eligibility.

It's just bad luck. Everybody's life is disrupted.

Comment

• Chucky and Malik never took a redshirt.

So, next year Joe could redshirt Malik, Chucky and Ethan. That would get him down to 7 players.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          I haven't read all of the comments so I might be saying things others have said.

Basketball (and other sports) are extracurricular activities. There shouldn't be additional eligibility given. The regular season is over. Conference tournaments were completed. Everybody who used a year of eligibility in 2019-2020 was able to participate. The NCAA can't do something different for athletes on a playoff team than they do for players whose teams didn't make the playoffs. I think that would be unfair - discrimination even.

Compare this to a player who plays all year but gets hurt right before the NCAA playoffs. They don't get another year of eligibility.

It's just bad luck. Everybody's life is disrupted.
                          But ... this is a 'everybody gets a trophy' world we live in today.

This year's seniors got screwed. Other than costing money ... what does it hurt letting them come back?

A large number will move on with life, anyway.

This will be interesting to watch unfold. Many prominent figures are backing the players to get another year.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Losses are losses, whether they're in a streak or not. Collectively obviously four games are more important than one, if they win all four of those games they're a top 4 seed. You've missed the point, as I've noticed you have a tendency to do.
                            I didn't miss a thing. I just think you're wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

But ... this is a 'everybody gets a trophy' world we live in today.

This year's seniors got screwed. Other than costing money ... what does it hurt letting them come back?

A large number will move on with life, anyway.

This will be interesting to watch unfold. Many prominent figures are backing the players to get another year.
                              Well, speaking of the money thing ... the percentage of D-II athletes getting their educations comped isn't all that high. We are talking about a serious financial burden to come back for 30 games. And that's not even getting into the issue of whether these people are coming back for an education, or to play ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

I didn't miss a thing. I just think you're wrong.
                                And that's why trying to discuss anything on a message board with you is completely pointless. You think you're perfect, and everyone else must be wrong. If you presented me with any actual evidence, maybe I'd take you seriously. Otherwise, I'm sticking with things that matter: cold, hard numbers. A win is a win and a loss is a loss, and H2H is the ultimate tiebreaker.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X