Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "And that's why trying to discuss anything on a message board with you is completely pointless. You think you're perfect, and everyone else must be wrong. If you presented me with any actual evidence, maybe I'd take you seriously. Otherwise, I'm sticking with things that matter: cold, hard numbers. A win is a win and a loss is a loss, and H2H is the ultimate tiebreaker."

Wow. I have NEVER claimed to be perfect. I understand your point, but the 4 losses I referenced came much later in the season. In at least 2 of the games, they lost to teams behind them in the standings. I simply feel those losses carried more weight than a loss against a very good team on the first weekend of the season. The possibility exists that we are both right, but you chose to follow up my disagreement of your point with a personal attack...Own it.

Comment

• Regional Final Tuesday

Who ya got?

I have cheap tickets available if anybody needs some.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Regional Final Tuesday

Who ya got?

Comment

• Not even the Coronavirus could handle watching an IUP live video production.

Comment

Regional Final Tuesday

Who ya got?

West Liberty over Fairmont 102-96.

Real question is who will we be playing in the Elite 8? If I were a betting man, I'd say UC San Diego.

Comment

• NCAA allowing all spring athletes to gain a year of eligibility because of sports cancelled.

now lets look at this... the spring athletes never played a game and couldn't possibly have exceeded the max playing time to lose eligibility. So wouldn't that technically mean a senior would have 2 years left? Senior this year... didnt even make it to official opening day of spring sports... wouldnt that allow the senior to have next year as senior year? And then this rule would give another year?

I know that's now how it will work, but I could see someone trying to argue the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
                NCAA allowing all spring athletes to gain a year of eligibility because of sports cancelled.

now lets look at this... the spring athletes never played a game and couldn't possibly have exceeded the max playing time to lose eligibility. So wouldn't that technically mean a senior would have 2 years left? Senior this year... didnt even make it to official opening day of spring sports... wouldnt that allow the senior to have next year as senior year? And then this rule would give another year?

I know that's now how it will work, but I could see someone trying to argue the point.
                Baseball did play 10-11 games. Many schools, anyway. Assuming they will just be wiped out.

Comment

Baseball did play 10-11 games. Many schools, anyway. Assuming they will just be wiped out.
                  But schools in the Southern part of the country might have played significantly more. Just took a quick glance: Nova Southeastern baseball played 20 games. A much bigger chunk of their season than the teams up North who may have only been 6-7 games into the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

But schools in the Southern part of the country might have played significantly more. Just took a quick glance: Nova Southeastern baseball played 20 games. A much bigger chunk of their season than the teams up North who may have only been 6-7 games into the season.
                    ahh i didnt realize some started that early... it makes more sens then now.

Comment

• So after a taught Atlantic Regional tourney, WLU has advanced to the elite 8 again. Cudos to Fairmont for playing tough in the regional finals. Took us to OT before falling 97-95.

The NCAA's "re-ranking formula" did WLU no favors seeding us #4. Up first is #5 Queens and they have WLU's criptonite in several bigs that can clean the boards. Offensively, they are pretty standard. For WLU to win they have to find a way to do something that they haven't been very successful at doing...equaling active athletic bigs. Beyond that we need to hit .400+ from 3. Massey has the final score 92-89 WLU which sounds about right.

Assuming WLU beats Queens, up next will be the winner of NW Missouri/Southern Indiana. Like I said, the NCAA seeding ferries did not do WLU any favors!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                        So after a taught Atlantic Regional tourney, WLU has advanced to the elite 8 again. Cudos to Fairmont for playing tough in the regional finals. Took us to OT before falling 97-95.

The NCAA's "re-ranking formula" did WLU no favors seeding us #4. Up first is #5 Queens and they have WLU's criptonite in several bigs that can clean the boards. Offensively, they are pretty standard. For WLU to win they have to find a way to do something that they haven't been very successful at doing...equaling active athletic bigs. Beyond that we need to hit .400+ from 3. Massey has the final score 92-89 WLU which sounds about right.

Assuming WLU beats Queens, up next will be the winner of NW Missouri/Southern Indiana. Like I said, the NCAA seeding ferries did not do WLU any favors!!!
                        If Fairmont survived Round 1 ... it certainly wasn't getting past Round 2.

Comment

So after a taught Atlantic Regional tourney, WLU has advanced to the elite 8 again. Cudos to Fairmont for playing tough in the regional finals. Took us to OT before falling 97-95.

This post is hilarious!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

This post is hilarious!!!
                            I must of missed the post about Round 2 when WL lost to Mercyhurst, 78-61.

Comment

I must of missed the post about Round 2 when WL lost to Mercyhurst, 78-61.
                              Hurst lost to UC in the first round 62-58 so we didn't play them in the second round. WLU beat UC 90-88 in the second round.

Comment

Hurst lost to UC in the first round 62-58 so we didn't play them in the second round. WLU beat UC 90-88 in the second round.
                                Lol

This is what our discussion has come to ....

#Coronavirus

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X