Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Lol

This is what our discussion has come to ....

#Coronavirus
    Happy Quarantined birthday to me! Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Happy Quarantined birthday to me! Lol

Happy Birthday

Comment

• Not sure if anyone saw the release from the NCAA about the D2 championships (might be the same place Boat looked to get the info about the stable sites for the tourney regardless of host's status in the tourney).

At any rate, I noticed that they did a makeshift reorganization of the regions to try--as best they can--to even up the numbers of teams active in those regions, and to account for teams/conferences who are not playing this year due to COVID.

The Atlantic Region now consists of the 12 MEC teams, Mercyhurst, Gannon, Clarion . . . and the 12 teams from the G-MAC. Should be interesting to add a few teams to the mix this year. Both Findlay (12-2) and Hillsdale (13-1) have very nice records so far. Could be a wild March!

And there goes Clarion's consolation bid to the tourney! lol

Comment

• Here's the link: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships

Thanks to schnautza (the Performance Indicator calculator guy) for leading me to the article in his post with this week's rankings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
            Here's the link: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships

Thanks to schnautza (the Performance Indicator calculator guy) for leading me to the article in his post with this week's rankings.
            Good find Scrub. Re: perf rankings: Watch out for Salem in the #2 spot to take it all! Just kidding. I wonder if the variation in games played this season could affect their calcs.

Seriously, looking only at stats, Mercyhurst appears to be a team to be reckoned with. 1.19 points per possession to opponents' 0.82.

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Good find Scrub. Re: perf rankings: Watch out for Salem in the #2 spot to take it all! Just kidding. I wonder if the variation in games played this season could affect their calcs.

Seriously, looking only at stats, Mercyhurst appears to be a team to be reckoned with. 1.19 points per possession to opponents' 0.82.
              They are nasty this year.

IUP vs Mercy would have been a war this year.

You sure don't want the Lakers in a one-and-done game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They are nasty this year.

IUP vs Mercy would have been a war this year.

You sure don't want the Lakers in a one-and-done game.
                How well we both know. They almost took down NW Mo. State, too.

Comment

How well we both know. They almost took down NW Mo. State, too.
                  I tell you ... past decade we've owned the series. But, they've won at some real bad times.

Comment

Not sure if anyone saw the release from the NCAA about the D2 championships (might be the same place Boat looked to get the info about the stable sites for the tourney regardless of host's status in the tourney).

At any rate, I noticed that they did a makeshift reorganization of the regions to try--as best they can--to even up the numbers of teams active in those regions, and to account for teams/conferences who are not playing this year due to COVID.

The Atlantic Region now consists of the 12 MEC teams, Mercyhurst, Gannon, Clarion . . . and the 12 teams from the G-MAC. Should be interesting to add a few teams to the mix this year. Both Findlay (12-2) and Hillsdale (13-1) have very nice records so far. Could be a wild March!

And there goes Clarion's consolation bid to the tourney! lol
                    Clarion never thought they were getting in. They are playing purely to develop players and for recruiting purposes.

Comment

Here's the link: https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...-championships

Hummmm...Seems like the NCAA forgot to include Bluefield State, Salem Univ and Lincoln PA in their totals...I'm presuming all three would be in the Atlantic Region which would raise our number to 30. Don't think any of them are threats to be selected to the play in the tourney, but it would be nice for the NCAA to at least acknoledge they exist!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Hummmm...Seems like the NCAA forgot to include Bluefield State, Salem Univ and Lincoln PA in their totals...I'm presuming all three would be in the Atlantic Region which would raise our number to 30. Don't think any of them are threats to be selected to the play in the tourney, but it would be nice for the NCAA to at least acknoledge they exist!!!
                        I think Lincoln halted its season.

Comment

We probably will never know if the NCAA is "adjusting" how the selection criteria are applied. Looking at some of the teams that some of the very good (record wise) teams have played and you go hummmm, is beating an 0-4 team three times REALLY proof that you are a good team?? And when you start applying a number of the supposed "selection criteria" which are built in part on the record of opponents, you start to wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

There are a couple of regions that I noticed their numbers didn't quite add up. SIAC and PWC numbers didn't quite jive for me.

Comment

• The ASRC on WLU's campus was chosen as one of the "neutral" sites for the tourney. WLU will end up hosting the Atlantic Region regardless of tournament seeding. This isn't a huge surprise, as WLU has a lot of experience hosting and has done a nice job of it during past regional tournaments.

Comment

The ASRC on WLU's campus was chosen as one of the "neutral" sites for the tourney. WLU will end up hosting the Atlantic Region regardless of tournament seeding. This isn't a huge surprise, as WLU has a lot of experience hosting and has done a nice job of it during past regional tournaments.
                                That's a really odd choice. Why not use Wesbanco in Wheeling (much closer to hotels, restaurants, etc.)?

Nicer arena. Better amenities. Less travel.

ASRC is a cool gym but it's not an arena. I assume all the hotels are downtown Wheeling.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X