Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAL U VULCANS MBB 2020..???

Don't know what it means but first verbal commit popped up on Twitter....

6'0" 185# PG RINGGOLD HS...best player 18.8 ppg on a 14-11 team. 1st team All-District/All Section

Looks like a decent player, but another PG????

Just realized I forgot to add his name. CHRIS PECCON.
    Last edited by CALUPA69; 03-29-2020, 11:07 PM.

Why not? You can never have enough guards and Pregram will be a senior. Loading up on guards is smart! Guards win games.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Don't know what it means but first verbal commit popped up on Twitter....

6'0" 185# PG RINGGOLD HS...best player 18.8 ppg on a 14-11 team. 1st team All-District/All Section

Looks like a decent player, but another PG????

Just realized I forgot to add his name. CHRIS PECCON.
      +

Comment

Forward Gabe Jimerson (6'7", 210 lbs) has committed to California. He's from Richmond, VA. He is a high school signee.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Forward Gabe Jimerson (6'7", 210 lbs) has committed to California. He's from Richmond, VA. He is a high school signee.
          I should be reasonably happy but with COLLIN MACADAMS and LUKE HOUSE coming and going in the past two years, really not so much. Don't know the basis for pretty decent players given a lot of playing time and staying for a single year. Hope it's not the elephant in the room. Time will tell.

Comment

Interesting first for VULCANS MBB as twins, KYLE and CHASE WHIPPEN commit to CAL U for 2020-21. Their HS careers have been all over as their family moved back and forth between Virginia and Boston. KYLE is a 6'6" G and CHASE a 6'4" F. They have both been coached at DMV BASKETBALL ACADEMY under WARREN DOLES, a close friend of DANNY SANCOMB. Along with....
            PRESTON BOSWELL 6'2" G Magnolia HS New Martinsville, WV via WJU/WLU.
            GABE JIMERSON 6'7" F Miller Sch of Albemarle Richmond VA. CHRIS PECCON 6'0" G Ringgold HS, Monongahela
            CAM NUSSER 5'10" G Belle Vernon Area, Belle Vernon
            Last edited by CALUPA69; 04-18-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

That's a lot of freshmen.

Comment

That's a lot of freshmen.
                Considering recent events may be barely enough. Thankfully home games in the ANGELO DOME can be played before appropriately SOCIALLY DISTANCED fans.

Comment

Comment

I actually think it has more to do with his coaching style, game management and current trends. Players, especially MBB, really don't feel a lot of loyalty to a program when there are so many options available. In the name of fairness for the student athlete college ball has downplayed sticking it out. Recruiting needs to be more refined.

Comment

Wheeling to California is not a long commute. It's less than an hour.

Comment

Wheeling to California is not a long commute. It's less than an hour.
                        If we're picking nits, that commute is probably about 70 minutes (I've done it on multiple occasions). But I think Fee's point is that some basketball teams function like a "family." There's an atmosphere of that type around the team (i.e., dinners at coach's house, playing cards in the athletic department lounge, etc.). And it is likely harder to do those sorts of small but important "family" things when the patriarch is 70 minutes away. It might not be the biggest factor, but I'm not sure Fee is wrong to identify it as at least one possible factor.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

If we're picking nits, that commute is probably about 70 minutes (I've done it on multiple occasions). But I think Fee's point is that some basketball teams function like a "family." There's an atmosphere of that type around the team (i.e., dinners at coach's house, playing cards in the athletic department lounge, etc.). And it is likely harder to do those sorts of small but important "family" things when the patriarch is 70 minutes away. It might not be the biggest factor, but I'm not sure Fee is wrong to identify it as at least one possible factor.
                          Who knows. They knew where he lived when they hired him. I will say this the first time I've ever heard about a coach losing players due to his daily commute.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Scrub, You hit the nail on the head. This was what I was referring to.
                            Thanks, You have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Feedoggie View Post

Scrub, You hit the nail on the head. This was what I was referring to.
                              Thanks, You have a good day.
                              I wasn't totally discounting that factor but he could live in the South Hills and take the better part of an hour commuting. From my discussions with the Dad of one of last year's class it feels like something more to do with DS personality/coaching style. But none of us are in the locker room so who knows. It's disappointing, but in no way will I second guess his hiring. I still expect progress toward upper tier status this coming. season

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X