Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Shortens 2020 Season

Just read rhat the NCAA has shortened the DII basketball season to 22 games. No indication on how that will be implemented.

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    Just read rhat the NCAA has shortened the DII basketball season to 22 games. No indication on how that will be implemented.
    If that is just regular season, WLU would decrease from 28 to 22 games. Given that Urbana closing already accounts for 2 games, the game would seem to be a gap of 4 games. Does that sound about right?
    I wonder if out of conference would be the highest priority to drop? Last year, we played 6 out of conference games

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

If that is just regular season, WLU would decrease from 28 to 22 games. Given that Urbana closing already accounts for 2 games, the game would seem to be a gap of 4 games. Does that sound about right?
      I wonder if out of conference would be the highest priority to drop? Last year, we played 6 out of conference games
      With current format that would allow PSAC teams to play (1) non-conference game.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

I would think the logical drop would be OOC games.

Comment

Was the drop in relation to the COVID situation? Or was it something that was already in the works before any of this derailed the postseason?

Comment

Do you have a link for this? I haven't found anything on Twitter or Facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
              Do you have a link for this? I haven't found anything on Twitter or Facebook.
              Affects more than Basketball
              http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...nimums-2020-21

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                Was the drop in relation to the COVID situation? Or was it something that was already in the works before any of this derailed the postseason?
                The Division II Management Council on Friday voted to recommend the Division II Presidents Council reduce the maximum number of permissible contests for the 2020-21 academic year as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Comment

No number of games has been decided. A meeting tomorrow could result in more details.

https://highlandcountypress.com/Cont...-21/3/21/57420
                  Last edited by WarriorVoice; 05-18-2020, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Comment

They'll be lucky to have a season at all. And, by that, I mean those who are at schools who can legally field a team. Not all schools in all leagues will be cleared. Geography will be a key. Schools in the really hard-hit locations may not be able to play football or basketball this coming year.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

They'll be lucky to have a season at all. And, by that, I mean those who are at schools who can legally field a team. Not all schools in all leagues will be cleared. Geography will be a key. Schools in the really hard-hit locations may not be able to play football or basketball this coming year.
                        PA is really oddly divided. The top 10 infected counties are all east of the mountains. Biggest problem is WCU in CHESTER county right next to the hotbed of Philly metro. MU in LANCASTER county may also be questionable but the others are generally low level like CLARION county with 24 cases.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X