Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I've never seen any indication Edinboro was planning to play. Gannon wanted to and has been practicing. For whatever reason Mercyhurst has been able to find three games and Gannon hasn't. Obviously you'd assume they'd play each other being they are 3 miles apart. Once the playing leagues start conference games ... I don't know how they'll find any more games.

I'd assume they both try to play Salem a couple times, etc. Not many options out there.
    Yea...Independents are hard to come by. Another option is Bluefield State and I note that Bluefield shows back to back games at Hurst Feb 22 and 23. Hurst is not on Salem's current schedule but clearly things are a little "fluid." Also, looks like Lincoln (PA) is/was playing so they could present an option.

Comment

As of this weekend Gannon holding any game plans pretty close to their chest.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
        Unfortunately for the Erie schools they are pretty much screwed. The leagues still attempting to play ... mostly aren't playing any non-conf games.

it will be a scramble to try and get to 11 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
          Mercyhurst recently put up a video on Twitter of last year's walk-off trey to beat Gannon. The text had something along the lines of 'Hey GU how about a couple more of these in 2021?'

Does that imply they haven't come to terms to play yet? That would be hilarious being 3 miles apart and both desperate for games.

I was planning on at least a four-game set in the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Mercyhurst recently put up a video on Twitter of last year's walk-off trey to beat Gannon. The text had something along the lines of 'Hey GU how about a couple more of these in 2021?'

Does that imply they haven't come to terms to play yet? That would be hilarious being 3 miles apart and both desperate for games.

I was planning on at least a four-game set in the regular season.
            Gannon knows they can't compete with Mercyhurst! You can't play an independent schedule and lose!

Comment

The basketball season kicks off tomorrow with a full slate of six games. Week two follows with three games for each team then settling down to two games per week through the end of February, then the tourney at WesBanco Arena then on to the NCAA Tourney.

In this Covid world, it will be interesting to see which teams were able to hold their team together and which were less capable of doing that.

Comment

With students coming back to a lot of campuses the next few weeks, the true test is coming. A lot of students coming from various states and locations. I am hoping for the best. I want this to work.

Comment

Concord goes on the road and gets a win over University of Charleston.

Glenville State wins at Institute in a shootout over WV State.....117-114.

The video/broadcast production by UC and WV State was excellent. I saw very little of the UC game because I was watching AB. But I caught the last six minutes of the State-Glenville game. I like the quality video cast and the fact that there are some excellent instant replays.

Those are a little surprise wins there by the road teams. I credit this conference, presidents of the schools and the ADs for making a commitment to give an effort to start sports up. A lot of kids in various sports are still paying a good chunk of change to come to school and play a sport. I don't think these kids signed up for a defeated policy of fear where there are no sports & sit around all morning and afternoon on Zoom.

Comment

Mountaineast.tv usually has on demand replays of games. Watched AB and wheeling just now

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X