Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do u think miller-caldwell's choice of Keiser met the expectations that he had when he entered the portal?

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
      Do u think miller-caldwell's choice of Keiser met the expectations that he had when he entered the portal?
      Fort Lauderdale isn't a bad place to call home.

Comment

I would be concerned about a 17k student school with an endowment of 230k. That can't be right, can it? Was in us news ratings. Is it a basketball factory to get folks a shot at d1? Almost all of roster are xfers.
        Last edited by Columbuseer; 04-25-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

David Shriver just entered the portal. Looks like a big loss -- started every game last year (15.7 ppg) and played about 33 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            David Shriver just entered the portal. Looks like a big loss -- started every game last year (15.7 ppg) and played about 33 mpg.
            And the court at AB is named after one of his relatives! That's a big blow (both athletically and culturally) if a legacy kid like that leaves.

Comment

Can you blame him? It looks like the entire roster has blown up again.....quality players opting for NAIA, home-grown kid who is a 3rd-generational player leaving, etc.

From what I understand that at the game at Fairmont State that a grenade went off in the locker room. There is a BIG problem in-house if Shriver is leaving.

He will get suitors and won't have to beg on twitter to get offers. I am betting either Notre Dame (where former AB assistant Duncan Williams is at) or Malone (where former AB assistant/player Ron Miller is at). NDC lost a good one to KWC and needs an impact player who fits their system. Shriver gives them that and he also fits with what Malone runs. I guess Shriver could always come back.

I have a lot to say but it is best just to hold off. The new AD had a chance two years ago to make her stamp with two major hires. She has also let a couple of head coaches stick around who lose consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                Can you blame him? It looks like the entire roster has blown up again.....quality players opting for NAIA, home-grown kid who is a 3rd-generational player leaving, etc.

From what I understand that at the game at Fairmont State that a grenade went off in the locker room. There is a BIG problem in-house if Shriver is leaving.

He will get suitors and won't have to beg on twitter to get offers. I am betting either Notre Dame (where former AB assistant Duncan Williams is at) or Malone (where former AB assistant/player Ron Miller is at). NDC lost a good one to KWC and needs an impact player who fits their system. Shriver gives them that and he also fits with what Malone runs. I guess Shriver could always come back.

I have a lot to say but it is best just to hold off. The new AD had a chance two years ago to make her stamp with two major hires. She has also let a couple of head coaches stick around who lose consistently.
                Several years ago, Glenville was known for churning and burning the roster every year. There could be myriad reasons, and not all of which are under the coach's control. However, a legacy 15 ppg player leaving certainly is a surprise.

Comment

AD letting coaches that lose Hang around...As a WLU football fan, I feel your PAIN!!

Comment

Some good news for a change....at least for AB alumni........AB grad and former soccer player Chris Grassie just led Marshall to an Elite 8 men's soccer win over #1 Clemson. Grassie is Marshall's head men's soccer coach.

Comment

Big win for AB baseball in the 1st round of the MEC baseball tournament. Battlers knock off #1 seed WV State by a score of 6-5. State was under consideration for NCAA regional tournament and came in with a record of 24-4.

David Shriver is heading to Hartford to play basketball. Good for him. Kid has been in Philippi his whole life. It doesn't hurt to branch yourself out.

Comment

Congrats to AB alum Chris Grassie for leading Marshall University to the NCAA men's soccer national championship. This is Grassie's 2nd national championship as a head coach as he led the University of Charleston to the D2 national championship.

Congrats to the baseball team for a good showing at the MEC baseball tournament notching wins over UC and State. We were just short of making the title game.

Interesting to see former AB men's basketball head coach Brett Vincent land as the head women's coach at WV Wesleyan. Brett had some good teams at AB in the late '90s. Brett was recently let go as head men's coach at Chowan. It will be interesting to see how Brett adapts to the women's side of things. He was always a good recruiter.

The women's team has seemed to sign some good players:

Ariyah Douglas out of Marion Harding OH where she averaged 18 ppg and 5.2 apg and was Mid-Ohio Athletic Conference Player of the Year.

Nyshae Weaver out of Coppin Academy MD. Big 6'0 girl who averaged 16 ppg and 13 rpg

Cassandra Smith out of Aberdeen MD. A 6'0" athletic player who led Aberdeen MD to the state semis two years ago.

Taylor Issac is an all-state player out of Summers County HS WV.

Hannah Taylor is a former 1st-team all state player in WV who is transferring in as well.

Comment

The women's team has signed Cabell Midland's Autumn Lewis. She led CM to the WV AAAA state title game this past year. She was a 1st-team AAAA all-state selection and averaged 21 ppg, 11 rpg and 4 apg.

Comment

The men's team has signed 6'8" Fraser Larocque out of George Harris Prep in Toronto, Canada. I watched his video. For his length, he is quick off the dribble. Has a decent outside shot. Needs a lot of work with his back to the basket....although we really don't do much of that with our bigs. His skill set seems to match what we run. He does have hops around the rim. Nice get.

Comment

The men's team has signed 6'8" Fraser Larocque out of George Harris Prep in Toronto, Canada. I watched his video. For his length, he is quick off the dribble. Has a decent outside shot. Needs a lot of work with his back to the basket....although we really don't do much of that with our bigs. His skill set seems to match what we run. He does have hops around the rim. Nice get.
                              6-8 with an outside shot and can rebound could be a matchup problem for many teams!

Comment

AB men's team has offered 6'5" Bryson Lucas out of Robert C Byrd HS in Clarksburg, WV. Lucas was named captain of the WV 1st-team AAA all-state boys basketball team by averaging 17.2 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 2.4 steals and 2.1 blocks per game. This kid is in our backyard. We need to win this battle for a change. He would be a good get.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X