Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
    AB men's team has offered 6'5" Bryson Lucas out of Robert C Byrd HS in Clarksburg, WV. Lucas was named captain of the WV 1st-team AAA all-state boys basketball team by averaging 17.2 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.6 assists, 2.4 steals and 2.1 blocks per game. This kid is in our backyard. We need to win this battle for a change. He would be a good get.
    Signed with Cal pa. Gutted roster might allow him to play early I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbo...l-program/amp/

Comment

I just saw the story on the Clarksburg TV station. It said he signed yesterday over Fairmont and AB. It figures.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Signed with Cal pa. Gutted roster might allow him to play early I guess.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wbo...l-program/amp/
        They aren't that gutted. Their best 3 players return (Danny only plays 6-7 guys). And, with Pegram there, nobody really touches the ball much anyway. LOL. But, yes, he will have the opportunity to play right away at least in some capacity.

Comment

The women's team has signed another AAA all-state player. This time Alana Eves of Wayne HS (WV) has signed. She averaged 18 ppg and 10.5 rpg her senior year.

Comment

The women's team adds 5'9" Emma Pavalek from Beaver HS (PA) where she averaged 16 ppg for a team that went 20-1. She originally had verbally committed to play basketball at Navy. She was the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette WPIAL 4A Player of the Year. She backed out of her Naval commitment in late April. She also will do track at AB as she is as equally impressive in that field.

Add to it, we signed Jaya Nelson out of Salpointe Catholic HS out of Tuscon, AZ. She was a 1000pt scorer and led the team to a 19-2 record and the state championship game.

We are building a darn good women's program under this new coach!!!!
            Last edited by JDonAB92; 05-26-2021, 08:08 AM.

Comment

The women are now adding quality players to their class of 2022.

Bellah DiNardo from Kennedy Catholic HS (PA) has committed to ABU. She averaged 16 ppg as a junior and help lead her team to the PIAA Class 1A Quarterfinals and a 19-1 record. She was a 2nd-team all-state selection voted by the PA writers.

Comment

The men's team got some nice transfers the week before school started. I thought the one kid produced well and his video looked real good. We definitely have more length that we have had in some time.

AB men's non-conference basketball schedule:

Friday, November 12th: Seton Hill @ Slippery Rock
                Saturday, November 13th: Slippery Rock (A)
                Wednesday, November 17th: Ohio Dominican (H)
                Tuesday, December 14th: Bluefield State (A)
                Friday, December 17th: Salem (H)
                Sunday, December 19th: Bluefield State (H)

I like playing a G-MAC school. I really wish that conference was in our region and we could have more crossovers against those schools than the CIAA.

AB women's non-conference basketball schedule:

Monday, November 15th: Salem (A)
                Friday, November 26th: Shaw @ Petersburg, VA
                Saturday, November 27th: Virginia State (A)
                Wednesday, December 15th: Marshall University (A)
                Friday, December 31: Saint Augustine's (A)

Comment

What players do u think will make an impact? Is Eman Eman from Canada on the team?

Comment

It all starts with KJ Walker. We were 6-5 with him in the lineup. We went 0-6 after he went down....a 3 to 1 assist to turnover ratio....and a 13 ppg scoring average. Fraser Larocque could be real good for us at 6'8" and a real skilled and athletic rim-rattler. Eman Eman could be a help. Like Larocque, he is originally from Canada. He comes to us from State Fair CC which is a good JUCO. We will see if this big kid from California comes. A lot of unknowns until we actually tip off.

We upgraded the men's basketball player lounge/office suite inside of Rex Pyles Arena.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1428809172670427136

Comment

• Looks like there is opportunity for the newcomers, as 50% of scoring from last year's team has departed.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X