X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSAC Tournament

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    In that case it changes a lot of items.

For one, the teams get seeded 1-17. Also, in that case, travel becomes a major item. Cal cruising out to East Stroudsburg isn't a short trip. In that concept I think they'd have to go neutral site like the CIAA. That opens a whole new can of worms. My main thing is games don't draw well on campus at most schools let alone neutral site games in Hershey or State College.

The one drawback in some years is either the West or East is far deeper/superior than the other. The 1-17 seeding eliminates that item.

There's a coolness to a neutral site tournament. I just fear the games would be played in a giant arena in front of nobody. Think of a game at the Angelo Dome ... 225 people in a 6,000 seat arena.
    The neutral site tournament also minimizes the regular season. Home playoff games are an advantage that is earned, along with a higher seed by winning in the regular season.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
      They take a SOS hit, but are they better off by winning the game than not playing it at all?
      Ask Boat. He loves that question. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
        They take a SOS hit, but are they better off by winning the game than not playing it at all?
        They would be better in the W/L % criteria but would be worse in the PI and SOS criterias.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X