• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Hinton

Nobody is getting him next year!

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ares-nba-draft

Re: Amir Hinton

Oh jeez. I can't believe ESPN even did a story on this.

Comment

Don't want to bust on his dream but there is a reason he's playing DII and there is a reason that DII players don't get drafted. ESPN has him as the #49 player and #9 PG. Not bad but hardly the lottery pick he says he is. He says and unnamed scout said he's a "top 3 guard." Right now that position is filled by Tre Jones from Duke. Even ignoring the difference in competition level on their highlight video, there just is NO comparison! But let's suspend reality for a second and say that Hinton actually is the third best PG this year...That would slot him in at roughly the #29 spot which, again, is far from the lottery pick that he envisions himself as!!

I wish him luck and he may indeed get drafted and end up on an NBA roster which would be a major accomplishment. But #3 PG in the nation and a lottery pick? Get this man a drug test IMMEDIATELY because he's obviously on some really good sh!t right now!!!

Comment

He's good enough for the G League, NBA ummmm I'm not sure and lottery pick definitely not.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          He's good enough for the G League, NBA ummmm I'm not sure and lottery pick definitely not.
          WJU's own and former DII Player of the Year Haywood Highsmith is on a "two way" contract with G-League Deleware Blue Coats/Phil 76'ers (he actually played in a couple of games with the 76'ers). Fairmont grad Thomas Wimbush is on the Long Island Nets roster.

Think the G League is were Hinton goes. Weather he ever plays in the NBA depends on how he develops there.

Comment

G League is a lot better than most first jobs out of college. I wish him well.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              I would be shocked if he gets drafted. Happy for the CIAA but shocked. Like I said before, he is vastly overrated. But the way the NBA is today with no defense and you can't touch a player. If you do it's a foul. He might get to the NBA and do well.

I honestly don't see him even being drafted in the G league draft. My guess he will not be drafted in the NBA or G League and he will sign as a free agent with a G league team after the G League draft. So I don't expect to see him in Summer league.

The line is just too long for him sad to say. I wish him all the best. I hope he will come back and do good things for Shaw once he makes all that G league money $$$$.
              Last edited by GoVSUTrojans; 03-07-2019, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoVSUTrojans View Post
                I would be shocked if he gets drafted. Happy for the CIAA but shocked. Like I said before, he is vastly overrated. But the way the NBA is today with no defense and you can't touch a player. If you do it's a foul. He might get to the NBA and do well.

I honestly don't see him even being drafted in the G league draft. My guess he will not be drafted in the NBA or G League and he will sign as a free agent with a G league team after the G League draft. So I don't expect to see him in Summer league.

The line is just too long for him sad to say. I wish him all the best. I hope he will come back and do good things for Shaw once he makes all that G league money $$$$.
                Never know ... NBA scouts don't exactly flock to D2 games very often ... let alone all season.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Never know ... NBA scouts don't exactly flock to D2 games very often ... let alone all season.
                  I don't see it but you're right, anything is possible.

What he's 6'5, long and a volume shooter. You give anybody the ball and tell them to shoot 30 times a game and they will look good. A huge negative for me is that he lead the NCAA in free throw attempts.

I need to become an NBA scout. And again I wish him all the best and hopes he remembers Shaw. They could use a new gym. That has to be the worst place to play and watch a game. It's a closet with bleaches.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    G League is a lot better than most first jobs out of college. I wish him well.
                    Was listening to Adam Silver's interview with Bill Simmons from the Sloan Conference. Silver said half the league has, at one point or another, played in the G League. So there's that. There's always a chance. Look at the Cavs roster...or heck, look at the back end of the Lakers roster with all the injuries they have.

Comment

Originally posted by hawks16 View Post
                      Was listening to Adam Silver's interview with Bill Simmons from the Sloan Conference. Silver said half the league has, at one point or another, played in the G League. So there's that. There's always a chance. Look at the Cavs roster...or heck, look at the back end of the Lakers roster with all the injuries they have.
                      I'm going to need to see the actual numbers on that!!! Think Adam was trying to pump up an NBA product!!!!!!!!

The NBA is really pushing the G League hard and trying to establish it as the NBA equivalent to MLB minor leagues. They really push the NBA teams to "assign" "two way" players and then actually call them up during the season by allowing NMA rosters to go from 15 to 17 (provided those two "extra" players are on two way G League contracts.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X