Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    They have some real nice pieces.

Collin MacAdams, Philip Alexander, Brent Pegram, Zyon Collins and Jermaine Hall are all legit players.

There's not a whole lot of size on the roster but DS typically likes his post players more in the 6'5" or 6'6" range.

Cal's starting five is going to be very good this year. I'd go as far to say they could compete with almost everybody in the first five. Players 6-10, however, ... we'll see. That will tell the tale for the Vulcans.

DS has a good freshmen class on campus. Some (several) will have to play right away.

If the starting unit can stay healthy ... I can see a pretty big season coming for Cal -- certainly Top 3 in the West.
    The one not listed that is essential is TIM SMITH JR 6'6" G/F from Lakewood Ohio who showed up for school but for whatever reason isn't on this roster. His talent could really elevate the VULCANS.
    BABATUNDE AJIKE is listed as 6'6" but looks more like 6'8" with a big body. If he can handle the speed DS likes to employ he may see significant playing time.

Comment

Several bits of bad news apparently coming out of the MON VALLEY soon. Not disastrous, but definitely a setback from where I felt the VULCANS were going. One a slight ??? injury and the other a player leaving school. I'll confirm when possible.

Comment

To clarify the issues I mentioned yesterday. TIM SMITH JR, FR from Lakewood, OH HS apparently injured his foot but seemingly will be ready to practice when the season starts. This is a player that looks to be a major part of the renewal of the VULCANS so hopefully all will be well.
        The player who can't, at least not immediately, be replaced is last season's freshman starter, COLLIN MACADAMS, who appears to have decided to go elsewhere. I've no idea why or where he's gone but replacing 36 minutes, 15 points and 8 rebounds from a very hard working young man will be a challenge. Trying to get more info but that's where things stand right now.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
          To clarify the issues I mentioned yesterday. TIM SMITH JR, FR from Lakewood, OH HS apparently injured his foot but seemingly will be ready to practice when the season starts. This is a player that looks to be a major part of the renewal of the VULCANS so hopefully all will be well.
          The player who can't, at least not immediately, be replaced is last season's freshman starter, COLLIN MACADAMS, who appears to have decided to go elsewhere. I've no idea why or where he's gone but replacing 36 minutes, 15 points and 8 rebounds from a very hard working young man will be a challenge. Trying to get more info but that's where things stand right now.

I can think of a program that would be very happy to add him. Just saying.

But, seriously, that's a major loss. He really came on strong in the second half last season.

Comment

This loss of a young veteran makes the direction of the team a variation on last year. Still extremely young ( 3-JR, 3-SO, 10-FR) the line up will focus on PEGRAM PG 38 min, 18 pts, COLLINS SG 37 min, 16 pts and ALEXANDER F . If healthy, SMITH JR F and either AJIKE or ALSTON in the middle will start. 6-8 will be a contest for playing time.

Comment

By the numbers:

Cal lost 7 of their 13 rostered players from last year (54% turnover rate).

They have lost 38.7 PPG in scoring (53% of their scoring).

Key losses from starts/minutes are MacAdams (27 starts/37 min), Williams (17/31), Gessner (15/27) and Chambers (10/17).

Key scoring losses are MacAdams (14.9 PPG), Williams (10.7) and Gessner (4), Lee (4).

Comment

Officially on verbal commits, MACADAMS is up for grabs. Why he waited this long is hard to figure other than some sense of where he fits within a very large incoming class. I would have thought he had a starter role locked in. Guess we'll never know.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                  By the numbers:

Cal lost 7 of their 13 rostered players from last year (54% turnover rate).

They have lost 38.7 PPG in scoring (53% of their scoring).

Key losses from starts/minutes are MacAdams (27 starts/37 min), Williams (17/31), Gessner (15/27) and Chambers (10/17).

Key scoring losses are MacAdams (14.9 PPG), Williams (10.7) and Gessner (4), Lee (4).
                  Other than MACADAMS the rest were not significant imo.

Comment

What are the PSAC rules regarding Intra-conference transfer. VULCAN fans would not be happy seeing MACADAMS in our rival's colors this year.

Comment

What are the PSAC rules regarding Intra-conference transfer. VULCAN fans would not be happy seeing MACADAMS in our rival's colors this year.
                      You won't see him this year. Next year, maybe.

He's a stud. Teams are going to send the limo.

Comment

You won't see him this year. Next year, maybe.

He's a stud. Teams are going to send the limo.
                        Is he good enough to interest a mid level D1 program. He has a lot of tape to show.

Comment

Is he good enough to interest a mid level D1 program. He has a lot of tape to show.
                          The height would scare them. The 6'6" post player works at D2. The D1 wants nothing to do with it.

Physically he was a beast as a freshmen. He'll just get stronger.

Comment

The height would scare them. The 6'6" post player works at D2. The D1 wants nothing to do with it.

Physically he was a beast as a freshmen. He'll just get stronger.
                            The inside source that tipped me to this said it had to do with personal feelings maybe homesickness. Another test of SANCOMB'S coaching skills.

Comment

The inside source that tipped me to this said it had to do with personal feelings maybe homesickness. Another test of SANCOMB'S coaching skills.
                              Not uncommon. I could see him at West Chester.

Who knows. My opinion is worth nothing. But, I watch a ton of D2 and he really stood out to me. The first time we played him not so much but definitely the second time.

You average 15 as a true freshmen ... that's impressive. And, he's built like a house. I always look at how they project as a junior or senior. His upside ... at D2 ... is the moon.

I would hope Joe goes after him. Put it that way.

Comment

Not uncommon. I could see him at West Chester.

Who knows. My opinion is worth nothing. But, I watch a ton of D2 and he really stood out to me. The first time we played him not so much but definitely the second time.

You average 15 as a true freshmen ... that's impressive. And, he's built like a house. I always look at how they project as a junior or senior. His upside ... at D2 ... is the moon.

I would hope Joe goes after him. Put it that way.
                                Actually the 8 rebounds impress me more because that's evidence of hard work which I love in any player.
                                ????Got a Tweet to him asking to pass on the PSAC....no response yet.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X