Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
    Reilly's teams would've made the free throws!
    Noooooo...Coach Reilly's teams were typically not good FT teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
      I wasn't at the game today, but so far, an encouraging start. Almost beating a good WCU team and actually beating a decent Millersville team gives me hope. Not making any NCAA plans right now, but this season may keep my attention.
      You guys pissed and moaned that it was Reilly's style that you didn't like now this team is going to keep your attention but yet they play the same style so far!!!

Comment

You guys pissed and moaned that it was Reilly's style that you didn't like now this team is going to keep your attention but yet they play the same style so far!!!
        You piss and moan because your bromance is over. Get over it clown.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post

You piss and moan because your bromance is over. Get over it clown.
          Keep be a loser and a fair weather fan!!!

Comment

As much as I like Coach Reilly, this has definitely been nothing like the past few years. Theres already been at least 4 times (that I've seen) that Coach Jefferson called for an isolation play and that would be probably 4 more than ever occurred before (Coach Reilly was a team guy and didn't like NBA style ball). They may not be scoring 90 points, but they're shooting about enough that a few more drop and they could.

3 players attempted at least 10 shots the other game... I would have to say that would have only occurred in the Goldcamp era.

While this team is still shaky at the FT line, I've been more confident about these guys going to the line than most of past players (minus Goldcamp, Blazek, Pierre etc).

And the one thing this team has done thus far that Coach Reillys teams barely ever had success with... breaking the full court press.

Comment

1. I never p*ssed and moaned about the style. Others did, but not me.
              2. The style is different. They seem more aggressive on offense. They've actually played some zone. There's not the hyper-focus on defense. The minutes also seem to be more evenly distributed, particularly in the second half.

It's a long season and we'll see how it goes. The first two home games were encouraging, but if both WCU and Millersville turn out to be worse than predicted, the encouragement level goes down. It usually take a good 10 or so games to get an idea of were the season is going.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post

1. I never p*ssed and moaned about the style. Others did, but not me.
                2. The style is different. They seem more aggressive on offense. They've actually played some zone. There's not the hyper-focus on defense. The minutes also seem to be more evenly distributed, particularly in the second half.

It's a long season and we'll see how it goes. The first two home games were encouraging, but if both WCU and Millersville turn out to be worse than predicted, the encouragement level goes down. It usually take a good 10 or so games to get an idea of were the season is going.

After three games it's probably fair to say nobody even knows what his style is ...

Consider he still has many players recruited under the previous regime. JR players were great athletes, strong and physical. Scorers, they were not. You may not actually see his 'style' for another year or two.

Comment

• GU should be a favorite hosting AB tonight. The other game in the Hammermill tonight should be a thriller (Le Moyne vs Ashland).

Gannon will have a big test either way tomorrow.

Comment

• Barn burner at the Hammermill.

Comment

Barn burner at the Hammermill.
                      It started off like a GU/Hurst game for bits of time, but ended in a way Gannon found hard to do last year.

AshowndAshland tomorrow after they defeated the former Gannon North,.87-77.

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

It started off like a GU/Hurst game for bits of time, but ended in a way Gannon found hard to do last year.

AshowndAshland tomorrow after they defeated the former Gannon North,.87-77.
                        AB's top player (Bocook) didn't play. Any idea why?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

AB's top player (Bocook) didn't play. Any idea why?
                          didn't play in loss to LeMoyne tonight either, but no mention on AB site

Comment

• Knights lose a tight one to Ashland ... But they looked pretty good. Feisty bunch.

Comment

Knights lose a tight one to Ashland ... But they looked pretty good. Feisty bunch.
                              They battled. Poor decisions by inexperienced and experienced players on what would have been game tying basket hurt big (also some harsh no calls... I dont usually blame refs, but they were a little too uninvolved when the game was on the line).

Watching Webb play, no idea how he was recruited by Coach Reilly. He plays tough defense, but hes absolutely reckless in general (not always a bad thing, good at times). Just funny to see it and think of the more reserved style we used to see.

Clancy is TOUGH. For a rookie to be as calm as he looks out there in that kind of a game.. wow! Good for him! Bright future.

Comment

Knights lose a tight one to Ashland ... But they looked pretty good. Feisty bunch.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X