Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very interesting weekend ... It seems like KJ really likes to use his depth to wear teams down. It worked against A-B and it almost worked against Ashland. Ashland is a strong team that will win a lot of games. I was shocked that GU was able to come back at the end. They probably should have pulled the ball out after the first rebound down 78-76 instead of trying to shoot underneath against AU's height. Both games were extremely entertaining.

I must say that it's odd watching a Gannon team that is very aggressive on offense. And it is also odd to watch the Knights give up a bunch of easy baskets. That's what happens when playing time is not assigned strictly based on defense.

Webb started out 0/10 on Friday and ultimately made the all-tournament team.
    A-B gave up 56 points in the second half on Friday and 57 second half points against LeMoyne on Saturday -- a total of 113 points. The Dolphins did whatever they wanted in the second half.

Comment

• Can somebody who was there clarify the ending ... I really thought the Ashland player should have got a technical for the brush-up entering the late timeout. From the web video it looked like he purposely walked right in to the emerging GU huddle and was taunting. That would have really changed the final 90 seconds. I know officials hate to T somebody up at that stage but it is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Can somebody who was there clarify the ending ... I really thought the Ashland player should have got a technical for the brush-up entering the late timeout. From the web video it looked like he purposely walked right in to the emerging GU huddle and was taunting. That would have really changed the final 90 seconds. I know officials hate to T somebody up at that stage but it is what it is.
        In my opinion, I agree as he did intentionally walk through the huddle (while slyly pushing Cisero out of his way). Refs swallowed their whistles last two mins of game. I understand they dont want to be the factor, but Clancy got laid out on the one inbounds play and none of the refs even flinched. They also twice gave Ashland possession when the ball clearly went off of Ashland (under GU hoop). LeMoyne fan near me made statement "Gannon is playing a road game apparently". Its also impossible that there was not a foul on the series in which Gannon missed the tying shots. Ashland players were flying in from all angles. Now, Gannon should have pulled the ball out and either tried for a quick jumper or pull back all the way and regroup. But the lack of calls definitely did not help. Great game though.

Comment

Can somebody who was there clarify the ending ... I really thought the Ashland player should have got a technical for the brush-up entering the late timeout. From the web video it looked like he purposely walked right in to the emerging GU huddle and was taunting. That would have really changed the final 90 seconds. I know officials hate to T somebody up at that stage but it is what it is.
          I was quite close to the huddle at the time. I didn't the AU player walk into the huddle, but it didn't seem like an accident.

I agree that Gannon should have pulled the ball out after getting the steal and the initial miss. It is hard to believe that there wasn't a foul but officials usually swallow their whistles.

Comment

• Clancy was a great Reilly recruit. Jefferson should be happy Reilly told him to stay once he was fired.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
              Clancy was a great Reilly recruit. Jefferson should be happy Reilly told him to stay once he was fired.
              I thought clancy was the one that was recruited by Coach Reilly, but committed with Coach Jefferson... maybe not though. Could have been Rachic.

Comment

• OT: Your Gannon ladies volleyball team somehow found a way to stop the vaunted Wheeling volleyball team in the regional final on their home court last night. I'm not sure Wheeling has ever lost on that floor before. Hats off to Gannon volleyball on finally slaying the dragon and heading to NCAAs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                  OT: Your Gannon ladies volleyball team somehow found a way to stop the vaunted Wheeling volleyball team in the regional final on their home court last night. I'm not sure Wheeling has ever lost on that floor before. Hats off to Gannon volleyball on finally slaying the dragon and heading to NCAAs.
                  I think that Gannon beat WJU in the NCAAs 2 years ago at Wheeling.

But indeed a great accomplishment for the Lady Knights. Great group that deserves all their success.

Edit - confirmed that GU won at Wheeling in 2017 Atlantic Regional Final.
                  Last edited by Golden89; 12-08-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Back to hoops ... Bad loss for the Knights in a game they had won. Once they lose next week at the Reilly Center in Olean, they will be 2-5 heading into the crossover trip to end 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                      Back to hoops ... Bad loss for the Knights in a game they had won. Once they lose next week at the Reilly Center in Olean, they will be 2-5 heading into the crossover trip to end 2019.
                      Is GU treating this as an exhibition? I know St. Bonaventure is using it as a real game.

Kutztown was a game Gannon had to win. Their best player was out. Tough loss.

Comment

• Gannon was seemingly in control late. Gannon was up 3 with a few seconds left in regulation, did not foul and Kutztown nailed a deep three to tie it with 2 seconds left. Gannon should have fouled and made Kutztown shoot one and one. Kutztown then won the game decisively in OT. Bad loss.

Comment

Is GU treating this as an exhibition? I know St. Bonaventure is using it as a real game.

Kutztown was a game Gannon had to win. Their best player was out. Tough loss.

Comment

• Comment

• interesting that Coach Jefferson removed both Johnson and Dodds from lineup.. inserted Olawoye and Cisero, with Webb running point often.

Comment

• Why is that interesting? Johnson blows and Dodds is soft!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X