Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Valid discussion points. Keep in mind, too, Gannon was a terrible 11-18 last year. So, if he can finish .500 that would be quite a Year 1 turnaround.

I don't follow GU close enough to get a vibe on what the actual expectations were for this season. For the new coaches' sake, I hope they weren't too high. From what I've seen they could be a .500 team this season. And, that would be a big swing from a year ago. So far, they have the look of a team capable of staying in most games. They'll pull a couple upsets. Probably lose a couple they shouldn't.

And, as you said, these are a lot of Reilly recruits. This group doesn't exactly light up scoreboards.

I noticed, too, about Clancy. He seemed to sneak up on teams earlier this year but no longer. His production has taken a step down. He's young and a nice prospect.
    I disagree in the sense that if Gannon finishes with the same record this year as last year, its worse than last year because the PSAC is not as tough this year. West Chester has been solid and IUP is atop as usual, but IUP doesn't appear to be as dominant as they have been years past. Hurst is a shell of what they were last year, UPJ upped their game, but Seton Hill and Clarion are garbage. Cal is a team that can win any game or lose any game. Shepherd doesn't seem to be great and the East, aside from WCU, have kind of beat the crap out of each other. Gannon finishing .500 this year, to me, is the same as last year. Now that's not bashing Gannon as I'd not expect them to be more than .500 with the same team as last year.

Also, I really though Clancy was a Reilly recruit. His name seemed to be around for a while.

I dont know the reason for Webb off bench, but I'd stick with it. Johnson controls the game and isn't sloppy and is now starting to shoot/score more. Leave him in. Olawoye hasn't been hitting s ton of 3s, but has been hitting the 3s when he needs to. Leave him. Clancy forces the defense out further to aide the inside game and can hit the 3 from anywhere downtown. Leave him. Cicero is the best player on the team, need him. And tertsea suffices with the group around him and Valerias provides as a solid backup, who can also hit from deep. Webb can then come in and sub for any of the 3 guards, but is best alongside Clancy and Johnsom because they minimize his recklessness.

Comment

• What the heck is bballfan talking about? Yes, Clancy was a Reilly recruit. Johnson blows! Webb is Gannon's best player! Have you not watched IUP? They have dominated even without Demo! Hurst also has a key big man injury that has changed the make up of their team. Tertsea blows! Cicero hasn't played anyone to show is really is legit! Come on man!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
        What the heck is bballfan talking about? Yes, Clancy was a Reilly recruit. Johnson blows! Webb is Gannon's best player! Have you not watched IUP? They have dominated even without Demo! Hurst also has a key big man injury that has changed the make up of their team. Tertsea blows! Cicero hasn't played anyone to show is really is legit! Come on man!!!
        Well everyone keeps saying Clancy was Jefferson recruit. I just dont think Webb has shown to be anything all around great. Hes a great shooter and creates opportunities, but commits a lot of dumb TOs. all around I feel Cisero is more vital. Tough inside, great mid jumper, now hitting 3s and solid inside defensively.

I wouldn't say tertsea is garbage, he suffices with the right guys around him. Role player, not star.

Comment

What the heck is bballfan talking about? Yes, Clancy was a Reilly recruit. Johnson blows! Webb is Gannon's best player! Have you not watched IUP? They have dominated even without Demo! Hurst also has a key big man injury that has changed the make up of their team. Tertsea blows! Cicero hasn't played anyone to show is really is legit! Come on man!!!
          And re IUP.. their results do not reflect usual dominance. Beat Mansfield by like 13, shepherd by similiar. Past IUP teams win those by 20+

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post

And re IUP.. their results do not reflect usual dominance. Beat Mansfield by like 13, shepherd by similiar. Past IUP teams win those by 20+
            IUP's average margin of victory is a PSAC-best 19.1. Next closest (WCU) is 13.1. A +19 through 11 games is remarkable.

Mansfield and Shepherd were both on the road. I'll take any double digit road win. Any. They also blew a good East Stroudsburg out of the gym.

IUP and Mercyhurst both lost their most dominant players to injury. Is what it is. The show goes on. So, yeah, now the top of the West field is closer to even for this year. Joe no longer has a great team this year but they are still very good. They'll lose 3-4 West games this year. One more injury and the show's over.

Last year's 30-3 IUP team actually didn't blow many teams out. They just won games.

Comment

• Coach Jefferson (on coach show) stated Dodds is out due to injury... hopefully in the next few weeks will start to get some minutes to work his way back into rotation...

Comment

• They are better without him!

Comment

They are better without him!
                  Without him in the starting lineup, yes. But nice to have a quicker big in there to change things up once in a while.

Comment

• Comment

• Cant even call it an ugly win.. ugly wins are prettier. Ugh. Hurst game could be first to 40 again.

Comment

• Hahahahaha

Comment

• Gannon leads Mercyhurst 26-24 at the half. Gannon scored 12 points in the first 5 minutes then 14 the rest of the way. The game at the MAC always delivers.

Comment

• Is it safe to say that I am the only one who has been at both the Pete and the MAC today?

Comment

• Come to think of it, both GU and MU outscored UNC in the first half today. The Heels were terrible today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                                Come to think of it, both GU and MU outscored UNC in the first half today. The Heels were terrible today.
                                Heels are garbage. I think it may be time for Roy to hang it up.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X