X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gannon

[QUOTE=Mjtheman;2370110]
    Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Mercyhurst won the Atlantic region Gannon sucked with the same resources. Pathetic
    First off, you said Gannon has better resources. Now you back peddled on that.

Next... It's Reilly's fault he had a player decide to quit? It's his fault he had a couple major injuries?

You are clueless... done with you. You keep living in he 80's.

Comment

[QUOTE=IUPalum;2370111][QUOTE=Mjtheman;2370110]

First off, you said Gannon has better resources. Now you back peddled on that.

Next... It's Reilly's fault he had a player decide to quit? It's his fault he had a couple major injuries?

You are clueless... done with you. You keep living in he 80's.[/QUOTE

Have fun in clarion loser

Comment

Good questions:

Some thoughts/comments/questions:

* How much did Mercyhurst's run play in to this decision?I don't want to believe that it did. If Fairmont holds onto the five-point lead in OT in the first round, Reilly is still employed? I hope that Gannon isn't that short-sighted

* Will GU really go after Manchel as some are suggesting? Would he even be interested? Many have pegged him as the heir-apparent at IUP in the coming years. GU can't pay near what IUP can offer. I don't have any inside info regarding salaries, but I don't see why Gannon can't pay what IUP does. That said, I would be surprised if Gannon goes after Manchel. But if Manchel goes to Gannon, what is stopping Reilly going to Mercy? How much fun would the Gannon / Mercy games become? Oh that's right ... as much fun as a 46-38 game can be

* JR allegedly had some big-time JUCO players lined up. Will they now vanish?No idea

* GU should have some nice players returning. Should, of course, is a dangerous word. This is one thing that surprised me. The best inside guy retired and Webb was hurt most of the year. If every player returned, the team could have been pretty good next year

* JR getting blamed for attendance. Fun fact: GU had the second-highest attendance in the PSAC. It's not 1988 again. Never will be. The days of sold out Hammermill's are long gone. Fun fact: the last sellout at the Hammermill was for a women's game ... the 2010 Atlantic Regional Final. I agree that things have changed, along with people's interests. Students would rather be in their dorm playing Fortnite than going to a Division II basketball game. The poor attendance is a combination of changing interests as well as the team's losing.

* Case in point: 5 years ago the 'Mill didn't even sell out for IUP's visit in the PSAC Championship. Not even close, in fact.

* Was JR the one scheduling all those ridiculous 3 p.m. Saturday tip-offs? You know, the ones that draw awful for every school. I have no inside info, but I do not think that coaching staff has any input into the game start times.

* Wonder if the GU faithful would have liked that boring style if it was Reilly in the E8 instead of Manchel? As I said before, playing a so-called boring style only works if you win. Tony Bennett's style at UVA works because they win 30 games, ACC championships, and earn 1-seeds. And it's still not enough for some of the UVA fans. When a coach with a boring style loses, fans are more quick to turn on him

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
          I agree that Brunelli needed to go. He was absolutely handed the keys to the kingdom when he was hired and failed to really do anything with it........

-

Comment

LOL ... valid point. There are actually a few teams that do the 'glam' photos every year. UPJ does, too. It is a bit different.

Comment

So now we're nitpicking the team photo?

Gannon has always done the dress-up player photos and the uniformed team photo. Maybe they decided to change it up. Can't really pin that decision on the coach. Does it matter?

A couple of years ago, a past player's parent questioned on Twitter why a sophomore and not a senior was holding the basketball in the team photo.

Comment

Are there any names floating around for these openings, other than what has been listed?

Comment

Originally posted by PSAC76 View Post
                  Are there any names floating around for these openings, other than what has been listed?
                  Not a peep. Being they don't have to go through all the bureaucracy in the hiring process like other PASSHE PSAC members, you'd think they could get this done pretty quickly.

You'd have to 'assume' the AD had a list of names prior to Erie's version of Black Friday. Of course, from what I've heard about the Gannon AD, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't.

A name I'd give some consideration to, which hasn't been mentioned, is Pat Cleary of Edinboro. Surely he'd want to get out of that mess of an athletic department. With Gannon's scholarship budget I think he'd do pretty well up in the 'Mill.

Only thing for certain is each day that passes isn't doing the 2019-20 Golden Knights season any favors.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    Not a peep. Being they don't have to go through all the bureaucracy in the hiring process like other PASSHE PSAC members, you'd think they could get this done pretty quickly.

You'd have to 'assume' the AD had a list of names prior to Erie's version of Black Friday. Of course, from what I've heard about the Gannon AD, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't.

A name I'd give some consideration to, which hasn't been mentioned, is Pat Cleary of Edinboro. Surely he'd want to get out of that mess of an athletic department. With Gannon's scholarship budget I think he'd do pretty well up in the 'Mill.

Only thing for certain is each day that passes isn't doing the 2019-20 Golden Knights season any favors.
                    Pat Cleary? No way!!! Why would he leave a pension for a lower paying job?
                    Also, he's not that good of a coach! Playground, street ball just doesn't work!

Comment

It for sure needs to be someone with head coaching experience at some level

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                        Pat Cleary? No way!!! Why would he leave a pension for a lower paying job?
                        Also, he's not that good of a coach! Playground, street ball just doesn't work!
                        Maybe then Jaryn Simpson could finally get to Gannon?

Comment

Gotta admit .. the reading on the Gannon message board site is pretty entertaining. It's a fan base divided. The host had to issue some behavior threats last night.

JR's termination has been linked to such items as:

* Not recruiting now-Edinboro guard Jaryn Simpson ... it must be an Erie thing to put this kid in such high regard
                          -- side note: How about a real factor ... letting Armoni Foster and Malik Miller sign with IUP. Simpson isn't near their caliber. Not even close.
                          * $5 general admission tickets ---------------> thank goodness they don't have to pay KCAC prices.
                          * Facilities (yes, they are terrible ... however, not really sure that is/was JR's fault)
                          * No scoring (yet many on there are praising Mercyhurst's run to the E8) ... figure that one out.
                          * Poor player retention
                          * JR has the most wins in GU history but also the most losses in GU history
                          * Attendance (while failing to mention GU had the second highest in the entire PSAC) -----> Again, trouble realizing it's not 1987 in the Hammermill any longer.
                          * Season ticket holders are way down (well, having watched many GU games online ... the chairbacks resemble a senior citizen home)
                          * It snows too much in Erie. Recruiting suffers. ---> May be the best one yet. JR needed to control that snow better.
                          * GU football getting use of the Hammermill too often

Comment

Gotta admit .. the reading on the Gannon message board site is pretty entertaining. It's a fan base divided. The host had to issue some behavior threats last night.

JR's termination has been linked to such items as:

* Not recruiting now-Edinboro guard Jaryn Simpson ... it must be an Erie thing to put this kid in such high regard
                            -- side note: How about a real factor ... letting Armoni Foster and Malik Miller sign with IUP. Simpson isn't near their caliber. Not even close.
                            * $5 general admission tickets ---------------> thank goodness they don't have to pay KCAC prices.
                            * Facilities (yes, they are terrible ... however, not really sure that is/was JR's fault)
                            * No scoring (yet many on there are praising Mercyhurst's run to the E8) ... figure that one out.
                            * Poor player retention
                            * JR has the most wins in GU history but also the most losses in GU history
                            * Attendance (while failing to mention GU had the second highest in the entire PSAC) -----> Again, trouble realizing it's not 1987 in the Hammermill any longer.
                            * Season ticket holders are way down (well, having watched many GU games online ... the chairbacks resemble a senior citizen home)
                            * It snows too much in Erie. Recruiting suffers. ---> May be the best one yet. JR needed to control that snow better.
                            * GU football getting use of the Hammermill too often

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                              By the way the chairs at the hammermill are more comfortable then the KCAC.

Obviously. Nobody uses them.

Comment

Obviously. Nobody uses them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X