Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

On another note, playing both the men's and women's Final at the same time ... is just a whole different level of stupidity. LOL. It's hard to even comprehend the logic. Obviously they assume nobody wants to actually see both games.
    That's one of the benefits of a neutral site. The final "session" has the two games stacked: women first, men to follow.

Comment

I agree with you ... not a fan of the rotating East/West thing. If they want to continue keeping the tournament on campus, give it to the No. 1 overall seed. Chances are it will rotate most years anyway.

Luckily for IUP yesterday, Ship was the easiest possible venue to get fans in the building as it's not too far from Indiana. Shippensburg announced 654 yesterday. Seems like a light count, but IUP had a very strong contingent in the building.

On another note, playing both the men's and women's Final at the same time ... is just a whole different level of stupidity. LOL. It's hard to even comprehend the logic. Obviously they assume nobody wants to actually see both games.
      Yeah, that was stupid. I was going to watch IUP replay but since they gave the scores throughout Gannon I didnt lol

Comment

I agree with you ... not a fan of the rotating East/West thing. If they want to continue keeping the tournament on campus, give it to the No. 1 overall seed. Chances are it will rotate most years anyway.

Luckily for IUP yesterday, Ship was the easiest possible venue to get fans in the building as it's not too far from Indiana. Shippensburg announced 654 yesterday. Seems like a light count, but IUP had a very strong contingent in the building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post

That's one of the benefits of a neutral site. The final "session" has the two games stacked: women first, men to follow.
          Just play women at 1 men at 3

Comment

• Originally posted by bballfan03 View Post
            do the girls always split the regional hosting like that? The men don't, right?!
            The 2010 Women's Atlantic regional was split. The split regional concept was decided upon before the season. It happened only for the Atlantic regional women; no other regions men or women were split. No idea why this was decided. It hasn't been used since, unless one school had the #1 seed.

Gannon was the #1 seed and Cal was #2. This was the 37-1 Gannon team that lost its only game in the national semifinals. Third-seeded Millersville upset Cal in the regional semis, sending the Marauders to the Hammermill for the Monday regional final in which Gannon pulled away in the second half to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
              Beat IUP in PSAC final on March 8
              Yes, March 8, 2015 was the Gibran Smith game. March 8, 2020 was the win-despite-scoring-10-first-half-points game.

Then Slippery Rock happened in the first round. Nervous Gannon laid an egg and lost after beating The Rock in 3 or 3 previous meetings. Gannon is 2-0 against Cal so far this year.

Yikes ... Lots of historical parallels.

Comment

• With Iup the 1 seed. I'm sure iup women have blood in their eyes hoping for a chance at redemption against gu.
                I'd give all ice cream to iup in the rematch A big crowd should go nuts. Sure gu doesn't want that redo game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
                  With Iup the 1 seed. I'm sure iup women have blood in their eyes hoping for a chance at redemption against gu.
                  I'd give all ice cream to iup in the rematch A big crowd should go nuts. Sure gu doesn't want that redo game.
                  Given the alternative of losing, Gannon will take a rematch. Gotta get there first.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X