X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Crutch

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    The Crutch coaching tree:

Crutch, HC Nova Southeastern University - Assistants at Nova and WLU - Jordan Fee, Devin Hoehn, Aaron Huffman*, Eric Bovaird (HC at Chaminade), Ben Howlett (HC at WLU)

Eric Bovaird, HC Chaminade University - Assistants at Chaminade - Darrel Mattsui, Kawika Villa, Arthur King (HC for Chaminade Women's team), Tim Bross, Kyle Milligan, Dantley Walker

Ben Howlett, HC WLU - Assistants at WLU - Aaron Huffman, Bret Evans, Mike Lamberti

Arthur King, Head Women's Coach Chaminade University - Assistants at Chaminade - Derric Braziel, Woodrow Moore

*Huffman is the former HC at D3 Bethany College were he amassed a 112-53 record with three PAC crowns and three trips to the NCAA D3 Tourney.

So the "Crutch Coaching Tree" currently includes four Head Coaches (Three current HC's and one former HC) and there are 11 current or former assistants in the "Tree."
    I heard that chaminade does not play the same style. So maybe a branch is missing. Anybody seen them play recently?

Comment

Re: Crutch

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
      I heard that chaminade does not play the same style. So maybe a branch is missing. Anybody seen them play recently?
      I don't think they play much full court press and it looks like their shooters aren't nearly as deadly. Kind of what you'd get if WLU had a big man and tried to run a bunch of plays through him. No real game film for them I could find but from the snippets I could watch, a lot of the WLU offensive concepts are there just not done at the WLU pace.

Call it "WLU-lite."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X