Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercyhurst WBB coach

Will announce Tuesday, Brooklyn Kohlheim former coach of Lake Erie College, Painesville Ohio and the GMAC Conf. to lead MH women's basketball.

Re: Mercyhurst WBB coach

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post
    Will announce Tuesday, Brooklyn Kohlheim former coach of Lake Erie College, Painesville Ohio and the GMAC Conf. to lead MH women's basketball.
    Pretty solid that they got a coach who was a current D-2 coach.

Comment

Comment

Don't make me laugh folks. Solid that the got a current D-2 coach? Went after a couple current head coaches? Wow. This lady was a head coach for 1 year at Lake Erie and went 11-19 and didn't make the conference tournament in the GMAC. And if they were serious about winning, the would have gone after Stan and talked him out of retirement (as was rumored he was interested) or they could have gone and got the assistant from IUP or Cal and been better off. I wish them the best of luck, but in a business that is all about who you know, this one looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.

Comment

One of the quotes in the press release refers to her as "Coach K"

Comment

Originally posted by D2 Sports Fan View Post
            Don't make me laugh folks. Solid that the got a current D-2 coach? Went after a couple current head coaches? Wow. This lady was a head coach for 1 year at Lake Erie and went 11-19 and didn't make the conference tournament in the GMAC. And if they were serious about winning, the would have gone after Stan and talked him out of retirement (as was rumored he was interested) or they could have gone and got the assistant from IUP or Cal and been better off. I wish them the best of luck, but in a business that is all about who you know, this one looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.
            Nailed it, especially the part about "a business that is all about who you know..." So many ADs force applicants for coaching positions to engage in a hiring process that is such BS which doesn't always result in hiring the best candidate for the job. In the end, so many ADs hire who they already know they are going to hire based on a prior relationship or a connection or worse an artificial hiring policy that does not fully assess each applicant's qualifications on the merits and wastes the time of applicants.

Comment

I don't know the details ... but this sounds like a 'puke' hire.

Is WBB a sport they punt? Maybe. Put the coin elsewhere. PSAC West ladies' ball is insane. IUP and Cal are legit national programs. Edinboro is a small step behind. Regional final was all PSAC West. The West is by far the best in the Atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by PSACwatcher View Post
                Nailed it, especially the part about "a business that is all about who you know..." So many ADs force applicants for coaching positions to engage in a hiring process that is such BS which doesn't always result in hiring the best candidate for the job. In the end, so many ADs hire who they already know they are going to hire based on a prior relationship or a connection or worse an artificial hiring policy that does not fully assess each applicant's qualifications on the merits and wastes the time of applicants.
                It is true. Just take a look at the incredible mess at Pitt three years ago when the beeping beep AD Barnes hired his old buddy Stullings. A truly horrific hire that brought Pitt to the abyss of total program ruination. Thank the Good Lord for Heather Lyke and Jeff Capel. Things are on a major upswing after an all-time low.

-

Comment

I don't see how they could have landed Callie. She's making a solid amount (~$85k) so they'd have to offer BIG money to get her to leave the school where she played and where both she and her dad are HOF members.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    I don't see how they could have landed Callie. She's making a solid amount (~$85k) so they'd have to offer BIG money to get her to leave the school where she played and where both she and her dad are HOF members.
                    Not sure why someone would want to hire Callie. With all the returning talent she had her team really underachieved. Not a great first year. Overpaid for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post
                      Not sure why someone would want to hire Callie. With all the returning talent she had her team really underachieved. Not a great first year. Overpaid for sure.
                      Infamous Edinboro tier system

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        I don't know the details ... but this sounds like a 'puke' hire.

Is WBB a sport they punt? Maybe. Put the coin elsewhere. PSAC West ladies' ball is insane. IUP and Cal are legit national programs. Edinboro is a small step behind. Regional final was all PSAC West. The West is by far the best in the Atlantic.
                        Mercyhurst is Division I in both men's and women's hockey ... tons of resources go there.

Gannon used to be up in the elite of the PSAC West ... we'll see whether Cleve can make them more competitive and make the West even stronger.

The PSAC West has won something like 7 of the last 11 Atlantic Regional Championships and the final has been all-west at least three of the last 11 years --( 2009, 2013, 2019 come to mind off the top of my head; there may be more)

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                          Mercyhurst is Division I in both men's and women's hockey ... tons of resources go there.

Gannon used to be up in the elite of the PSAC West ... we'll see whether Cleve can make them more competitive and make the West even stronger.

The PSAC West has won something like 7 of the last 11 Atlantic Regional Championships and the final has been all-west at least three of the last 11 years --( 2009, 2013, 2019 come to mind off the top of my head; there may be more)
                          It won't take Cleve long. I assume he's working on transfers now. The high school crop is fairly picked over by now.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            It won't take Cleve long. I assume he's working on transfers now. The high school crop is fairly picked over by now.
                            The MBB transfer list is pretty significant, does anyone know if the WBB is comparably long, I know CAL U has lost two significant players recently and could lose more after such a large class last year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X