Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Findlay goes to Cedarville on Wednesday as well to try to avenge a loss from a few weeks ago. Wednesday is a big night for the Atlantic seedings. And with Cedarville heading to Hillsdale later in the week, MEC fans might just have to become Yellow Jacket fans this week!

[I actually have an old Cedarville Jackets t-shirt in my drawer. Attended a game there many years ago and the cheerleaders were throwing swag into the stands during timeouts (a nice touch for a D2 game). I caught a t-shirt and still have it to this day. Might be a good week to get out the ol' Jackets gear!]

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
      Fairmont just lost to Notre Dame College 96-85.
      Makes Wed game at WLU even more important.
      WLU is now in 1st place in North Division.
      Neither team can really afford to lose another game before the tourney.

That's sticking it to their old coach.

Comment

Comment

I hate to see a team in the race get caught up in this crap right now. That sucks. It's gotta be like walking on egg shells on testing days.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I hate to see a team in the race get caught up in this crap right now. That sucks. It's gotta be like walking on egg shells on testing days.
            Agreed. We all wanna see it play out on the floor . . . not in the test tube.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

Agreed. We all wanna see it play out on the floor . . . not in the test tube.
              Glenville is going through the same thing with it's last 5 games now showing as CANCELED. This includes pivotal games vs UC and WVS.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Glenville is going through the same thing with it's last 5 games now showing as CANCELED. This includes pivotal games vs UC and WVS.
                I think most suspected it would touch every program playing at some point. Most D1 teams have had bouts of it. The timing now is just so key.

I'd want my team locked in the gym 24-7 at this point of the season. LOL. One positive test and all hell breaks loose.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I think most suspected it would touch every program playing at some point. Most D1 teams have had bouts of it. The timing now is just so key.

I'd want my team locked in the gym 24-7 at this point of the season. LOL. One positive test and all hell breaks loose.
                  Yep. On G'villes case, this could be a blessing in disguise. They get to avoid two games that they might have lost. Sitting at two losses (maybe 3 depending on if they play, and lose, to Fairmont) heading into the tourney is a lot better than potentially 4 or 5 losses.

Comment

Salem beats Gannon tonight to split the two game set!

Comment

Watched about 10 mins of first gannon-salem game, that mighty clash of AAU playground titans, until i had to reach for the pepto-bismol.
                      wlu beat salem 117-67 last year. Saw nothing that would indicate that the score would be closer this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post
                        Watched about 10 mins of first gannon-salem game, that mighty clash of AAU playground titans, until i had to reach for the pepto-bismol.
                        wlu beat salem 117-67 last year. Saw nothing that would indicate that the score would be closer this year.
                        That's my point... there are a few that thought Gannon is loaded up with the new coach ready to be a force. They aren't even close!!! Mercyhurst will thrash them again Saturday!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That's my point... there are a few that thought Gannon is loaded up with the new coach ready to be a force. They aren't even close!!! Mercyhurst will thrash them again Saturday!
                          This partial season will help them moving forward. I'd agree, though. If this was a normal PSAC season they'd probably have went less than .500 in the West. They'd have been swept by IUP, Mercyhurst, UPJ and California -- possibly Edinboro. They'd have been the best of the rest.

I think he had kind of a unique inheritance there because usually a coach starts from scratch in Year 1 after a firing. He actually started with a lot of solid seniors in his first year -- and they were pretty decent by the end of the year (not great but a tough out). So, Year 2 was really his rebuilding year.

Comment

KWC is going to end up having to cancel 3 (at least) easy wins these last two weeks (including our MBB senior night). I don't see us landing in the top 6 without winning our conference tourney, which means beating Hillsdale and/or Findlay.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Mercyhurst needs Gannon to show up this week. The Lakers need a tough game prior to the Regional. They haven't been remotely tested this year. They need some exposure in a crunch-time situation, playing with a small deficit, etc.

Now, their defense adapts quickly and ruins just about any offensive system. But, if I was a Laker fan, I'd be concerned about not really being challenged yet all season -- going up against teams who have all been in some battles.

Usually taking a loss in the regular season is the best thing that can happen to many teams.

Comment

Agree, Gannon is a young team with 8 new members, playing as many as 4 Fr on the floor against Salem at the same time.
                                Also agree, Gannon needs a good game to push MH in prep for the playoffs.
                                GU is in an also ran situation this yr. should be someone to watch next yr and in 22/23 could be a real player if this team stays intact.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X