Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For what it's worth, Glenville did manage to get a game in today (and beat up on Concord pretty good in the process). As Boat said above, the quarantine might have actually helped Glenville. They got to cancel games with two potentially lose-able games, get one in today against a more winnable opponent, and tune up for the tourney. As long as everyone is healthy down there in Glenville, sounds like a win-win for them.

Comment

Comment

So if I'm correct, Mercyhurst's game with Clarion being canceled means they only have 10 D2 games. This puts them under the 11 game threshold for playoffs. Who are they going to find to get that 11th game???

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
          So if I'm correct, Mercyhurst's game with Clarion being canceled means they only have 10 D2 games. This puts them under the 11 game threshold for playoffs. Who are they going to find to get that 11th game???
          They are at 11-0 right now, so they should be good

Comment

The committee actually put numbers on the rankings this time. They are clearly interested in SOS as a factor. 4-loss Findlay (with a pretty hefty schedule) in the 3 slot over other teams with fewer losses. Mercyhurst--sleeper of all sleepers--sitting at #5 waiting to pounce on some unsuspecting higher seed. And at this point, they have Fairmont as the last ones in ahead of Glenville.

Lots of basketball left to play, but it's interesting to see the committee seeming to lean toward favoring SOS (which I believe was one of the questions you were raising previously, Boat).

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post

They are at 11-0 right now, so they should be good
              Yes, I was thinking they are 10-0 in D2 because I thought Roberts Wesleyen was NAIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                The committee actually put numbers on the rankings this time. They are clearly interested in SOS as a factor. 4-loss Findlay (with a pretty hefty schedule) in the 3 slot over other teams with fewer losses. Mercyhurst--sleeper of all sleepers--sitting at #5 waiting to pounce on some unsuspecting higher seed. And at this point, they have Fairmont as the last ones in ahead of Glenville.

Lots of basketball left to play, but it's interesting to see the committee seeming to lean toward favoring SOS (which I believe was one of the questions you were raising previously, Boat).
                Would that be a Hurst/WL first round match up if it stays this way?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I sure wouldn't call them a sleeper. Teams think that and they'll be put to sleep.

I will say I didn't love what I saw in their past game. Gannon played really well in the second half. Who knows. Mercyhurst got up huge and maybe took the foot off the gas. But, Gannon I think exposed some things.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I sure wouldn't call them a sleeper. Teams think that and they'll be put to sleep.

I will say I didn't love what I saw in their past game. Gannon played really well in the second half. Who knows. Mercyhurst got up huge and maybe took the foot off the gas. But, Gannon I think exposed some things.
                    That's my point. They're not a sleeper to us, but let's say a Findlay draws them in a first round match-up and sees them carrying a lower seed. Could be lights out.

And, yes, IUPalum, if the current seedings hold, I believe WLU would get Hurst in round 1. Should be fun.

But there's a lot of basketball to be played and those seeds could slide in any number of ways.

Comment

Mercyhurst needs to add another game or two. With no conference tournament they could go two weeks with nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Mercyhurst needs to add another game or two. With no conference tournament they could go two weeks with nothing.
                        Two weeks of rust is a lot.
                        Last edited by boatcapt; 03-04-2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Two weeks of rust is a lot.
                          I kind of suspect they will 'practice' with IUP ... with neither announcing it or counting it as a game. Joe and Gary are close friends.

Comment

Worth noting, at least 4 of the ranked teams are going to endure one additional loss. For these teams it really depends on when they get this loss AND were does the team in immediate proximity to them gets their loss. For example if Hillsdale were to lose it's next GMAC tourney game while Charleston makes it to the MEC finals, that could flip the 1/2 seeding.
                            Last edited by boatcapt; 03-04-2021, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Comment

It would be interesting how they view Gannon if they somehow sweep IUP. IUP has no body of work as these are its first games, but there is the reputation/human factor.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X