Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

I can't imagine being a fan of one of those programs and having to re-learn an entirely new roster every year. Almost like being a fan of a minor league baseball team. Better get a copy of the media guide, or you won't have a clue whom you're watching!

I don't know what approach I'd take as a coach at some of these schools with extreme transfer rates. On one hand you take the high school approach and really try to build it from the bottom. But, say you sign 8 high school kids ... 5 of them may be gone by the following season. As a coach (employee) ... how many years will you get to make your job secure?

You can take the transfer and JUCO path (the old Slippery Rock approach). Some years it will work. Other years it will be a disaster. Sometimes it will end in a total mutiny in the middle of camp.

If you can't establish a firm program culture, it's just going to be a revolving door.

I don't know what all went on behind the scenes at Glenville State or why all those kids left after just having a really good season. But, that's sickening to see.

Up here, California is going through the same thing. Sancomb has lost at least one stud every off-season so far.

It's easier than ever before to transfer. The numbers don't lie.

Comment

Imho coaches need to understand the player beyond the on court ability before offering a scholarship
      - winning a requirement?
      - want to be the main man?
      - compatible with coaching style and system?
      - why come to your school? Major, location, etc. And how serious about academics?
      - how much influence do handlers have?
      - does coach care about them off the court?

Comment

** BREAKING **

DALE BONNER has entered the portal.

Fairmont State

I'll literally pay for the limo for IUP to send down there. Right now.

lol. But, seriously.

He's tight with Armoni ... summer workout buddies.

I assume he's 'going up'

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          ** BREAKING **

Fairmont State

lol. But, seriously.

I assume he's 'going up'
          Just saw it and rushed over here . . . only to find that you scooped me, IUPbig. This is a shocking one!

Comment

** BREAKING **

Fairmont State

lol. But, seriously.

I assume he's 'going up'
            Those righteous Duquesne Dukes have chartered a helicopter :-) (not that they would ever tamper - that would be unethical LOL)

Comment

** BREAKING **

Fairmont State

lol. But, seriously.

I assume he's 'going up'
              You may be right. He may be taking the Yahel Hill path of trying his hand at a mid-major D1. Can't fault a kid for dreaming. But, man, that's a tough break for Koenig down in Fairmont. He and Sanders were a dynamic duo for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post

You may be right. He may be taking the Yahel Hill path of trying his hand at a mid-major D1. Can't fault a kid for dreaming. But, man, that's a tough break for Koenig down in Fairmont. He and Sanders were a dynamic duo for sure.
                Wonder if Sanders follows same path.

Comment

Wonder if Sanders follows same path.
                  The fact that Sanders followed Koenig from NDC to FSU seems to suggest a connection there. I have a suspicion that Sanders would choose stick it out with his guy. But I could be wrong. Anything goes with these transfers these days!

Comment

I didn't realize the Williams kid who is leaving Glenville lead the country (D2) in scoring this season at more than 27 ppg.

Comment

Three of the Top Five leading scorers in D2 this year ... all in the portal.

Comment

Three of the Top Five leading scorers in D2 this year ... all in the portal.
                        Wonder if they play D? Glenville certainly never played much of it.

Comment

IIisia Washington, Fairmont State, has entered the portal. Looks like he played in 17 games with no starts.

Comment

IIisia Washington, Fairmont State, has entered the portal. Looks like he played in 17 games with no starts.
                            This is unusual for a Koenig team. He seemed like he had success keeping his teams together back at NDC. Might just be a sign of the times. As IUPalum said, a crappy sign of the times, but a sign nonetheless.

Comment

Just speculation, but a downside of the free year is the potential effect on available scholarship $ for existing players. A non-starting senior may not receive the $ to return in the fall. A coach might allocate those $ to make room for a new player.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Just speculation, but a downside of the free year is the potential effect on available scholarship $ for existing players. A non-starting senior may not receive the $ to return in the fall. A coach might allocate those $ to make room for a new player.
                                That's a smart thought, Columbus. You might be right.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X