Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    Danny Ogele and Zach McIntire of Mercyhurst in the portal. Man, would the McIntire kid look good next to his old high school pal, Will Yoakum! Make it happen, Mr. Howlett!
    Those are MAJOR losses.

Comment

Well, Topper fans, I guess now all eyes turn to the transfer portal. Fingers crossed that we avoid major losses.

Comment

Well, Topper fans, I guess now all eyes turn to the transfer portal. Fingers crossed that we avoid major losses.
        Yeah ... four more teams wrapped things up yesterday. I assume we see some new names starting today.

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see a name like Owen Hazelbaker pop onto the portal. He lost his spot in the rotation to Sarson down the stretch. And despite reports of his working his butt off to improve his shooting all season long, he just didn't log the kind of minutes he likely hoped for. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two players like that find their way into the portal.

Comment

We'll see what the future holds but a loss like we took last night might actually be a good thing from a transfer/graduate standpoint. Do any of the players what to leave WLU with THAT on their resume as their last game??

I would imagine there would be at least a couple players that leave but I'd look for them to be of the low minute underclassmen variety.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

We'll see what the future holds but a loss like we took last night might actually be a good thing from a transfer/graduate standpoint. Do any of the players what to leave WLU with THAT on their resume as their last game??

I would imagine there would be at least a couple players that leave but I'd look for them to be of the low minute underclassmen variety.
              You never know as guys get older. I think Bolon is an interesting case. Could he play overseas? Yes. I think his position will be interesting in a more standard system. I'd guess he becomes a full-time SG. He'll be deemed too small to play underneath. Would next year be his 6th year on the hill? Sometimes they are just ready to move on to the next phase.

And, you never know, some may want to join the trend of trying to 'go up' for their last dance. The MEC has been blasted with departures this off-season.

I am starting to question where Bonner lands. If he was going up ... I think we'd have heard something by now. The kid from Nothern had like 6-7 offers within 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                bec
                You never know as guys get older. I think Bolon is an interesting case. Could he play overseas? Yes. I think his position will be interesting in a more standard system. I'd guess he becomes a full-time SG. He'll be deemed too small to play underneath. Would next year be his 6th year on the hill? Sometimes they are just ready to move on to the next phase.

And, you never know, some may want to join the trend of trying to 'go up' for their last dance. The MEC has been blasted with departures this off-season.

I am starting to question where Bonner lands. If he was going up ... I think we'd have heard something by now. The kid from Nothern had like 6-7 offers within 24 hours.
                Just speculation, but talented bigs are a relatively rare commodity, but guards are a dime a dozen. Might be reason for Northern player offers

Comment

OT: Lily Ritz has entered the portal on the women's side. She has already been a member of teams at both Cal & Wheeling. She'll be looking for her third team now. After averaging a double-double for the year, she should be a VERY sought after commodity.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yea...You never know why a player chooses to move on. Every one makes their decision to stay/go based on facts and feelings that are unique to themselves. In Bolon's case, I see about zero chance of him transfering...even to a D1. If he does opt to leave WLU, it will almost definently be to pursue a pro opportunity overseas. But I see even than as a relatively small chance...maybe 25%.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think if you win enough, kids will overlook a lot. Case in point - hundreds of Penn State football alumni talk about how tough it was for them to feel comfortable in State College when coming from more urban or predominantly black communities.
                      Winning is a salve that heals all wounds. And for a lot of kids, playing time will trump those home sick blues that players get.

Comment

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised to see a name like Owen Hazelbaker pop onto the portal. He lost his spot in the rotation to Sarson down the stretch. And despite reports of his working his butt off to improve his shooting all season long, he just didn't log the kind of minutes he likely hoped for. I wouldn't be surprised if one or two players like that find their way into the portal.
                        I think the injury to will affected rotation. Owen guards more the 4 or 5 type player. He was a key in charleston win, as his threes forced McManus away from basket, which ceded control of boards to us.

Comment

Ryan Rachic Gannon and a kid from Clarion have entered portal

Comment

I thought Hazelbaker could end up being like Meineger. I never thought he would make it but ended up being really good at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Layton View Post
                              I thought Hazelbaker could end up being like Meineger. I never thought he would make it but ended up being really good at the end.
                              Great example. Meininger also lost about 15 lbs before Sr. Season, which gave him an extra step of quickness. I also think of kenne cockburn, who came out of nowhere to dominate his senior year.

Comment

Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Great example. Meininger also lost about 15 lbs before Sr. Season, which gave him an extra step of quickness. I also think of kenne cockburn, who came out of nowhere to dominate his senior year.
                                Those are both great examples of guys who stayed in the system, trusted the process, put in the work, and watched it pay off big time by the time they were seniors. But I also fear the era of guys doing that--i.e. biding time in the system to work their way up--may be a bygone era in this current transfer-portal-age. I guess we'll see.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X