• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC Transfers

are some of these schools just up and closing? lol

Concordia (NY) has 12 players in portal
    Francis Marion has 7 players
    Lincoln (PA) has 9

John Williams & Hegel Augustin of Glenville entered the portal yesterday. HUGE loss for the Pioneers.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
      John Williams & Hegel Augustin of Glenville entered the portal yesterday. HUGE loss for the Pioneers.
      Aaaannnndddd . . . a day later, Nick Edwards follows suit. So it appears Glenville will be starting from scratch next year. Tough day for Coach Caldwell.

Comment

Very odd happenings down at GSU.

Just when it looked like they were on the way back ...

Comment

It's the old Slippery Rock conundrum. There are really talented players to be had in the JUCO and transfer portals. But it's often a bit of a "rental market." The long-term stability of some of those players is often difficult to count on.

Comment

The entitlement factor of these kids now a days is complete BS. No loyalty anymore. It's all about me me me me me. Where you going boys? You aren't NBA/G League talent so no money to be made!!!

Comment

It's the old Slippery Rock conundrum. There are really talented players to be had in the JUCO and transfer portals. But it's often a bit of a "rental market." The long-term stability of some of those players is often difficult to count on.
              LOL, true. I always said ... no idea how KR pulled that off every year but he'd start every season basically from scratch and put together some really good, tough teams. He never had much NCAA success other than that big win over Gannon in 2014-15 in Round 1.

That's a funny story in itself. That Gannon team went 3-0 vs Rock prior to that game ... swept the season series and blew SRU out in the PSAC Tournament a week prior. Fourth time was the charm.

Comment

A fourth player from Glenville just entered the portal (Dierynck).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                  Very odd happenings down at GSU.

Just when it looked like they were on the way back ...
                  Have you ever been to Glenville? Even Hickory High wouldn't feel comfortable in that area. I can't think people could convince me that being in BFE WV isn't at least 40% of the reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Have you ever been to Glenville? Even Hickory High wouldn't feel comfortable in that area. I can't think people could convince me that being in BFE WV isn't at least 40% of the reason.
                    I'm sure it's a factor -- likely a very large one.

Comment

Comment

I've been following Cal export Tim Smith Jr. on the Twitter front. His dad is pushing pretty hard in social media to many mid-major programs.

He's appealing at 6'7" and has a nice shot. He may get a Robert Morris type to take a shot on him. My guess, however, is he lands at another D2 -- likely a high-end one.

Comment

Gyasi Powell of D&E entered the portal. That's a pretty big loss for them.

Comment

Gyasi Powell of D&E entered the portal. That's a pretty big loss for them.
                            D&E seems to go through this yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

D&E seems to go through this yearly.
                              I can't imagine being a fan of one of those programs and having to re-learn an entirely new roster every year. Almost like being a fan of a minor league baseball team. Better get a copy of the media guide, or you won't have a clue whom you're watching!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X