Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wonder if he gets a shot in Morgantown or at Pitt?

I wouldn't be shocked if Joe takes a look at Hazelbaker now that they lost out on Casale.
    Would be surprised at wvu. They have mcneil and sherman who are great shooters. Maybe if one or both leave.

Comment

• Briggs Parris (6'4" SG) has signed with Fairmont State. He started every game this past season for UVA-Wise and averaged about 13 ppg.

Comment

Wonder if he gets a shot in Morgantown or at Pitt?

I wouldn't be shocked if Joe takes a look at Hazelbaker now that they lost out on Casale.
        I dont see Bolon going to a "D1 in name only" program. More I think about, I think he's testing the big time D1 market to see if he can get onto a tourney caliber team. If that doesn't happen, I think he goes to Europe.

Comment

• Lincoln Memorial just had (3) players all transfer to Indiana State.

Comment

• Robert Morris just signed a transfer SG from St. John's. I thought that could have been a landing spot for Bonner or Bolon.

Comment

Robert Morris just signed a transfer SG from St. John's. I thought that could have been a landing spot for Bonner or Bolon.
              Imho Robert Morris would have been a step down. Iup, fairmont or wlu would give them a difficult game.

Comment

• According to VC. WLU just picked up a Soph transfer PG from Walsh: Christian Montague.

As an Ohio (Dayton) kid, you got any scouting report on this one, Columbus?

Comment

• Originally posted by Columbuseer View Post

Imho Robert Morris would have been a step down. Iup, fairmont or wlu would give them a difficult game.
                  How so? RMU plays in the Horizon League, has a new arena, and flies to many games. That's not something you get in rural PA & WV. Sure, the best DII teams can hang with bad and mediocre DI teams. There's only a 3 scholarship difference between DI and DII.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

How so? RMU plays in the Horizon League, has a new arena, and flies to many games. That's not something you get in rural PA & WV. Sure, the best DII teams can hang with bad and mediocre DI teams. There's only a 3 scholarship difference between DI and DII.
                    Should have been clearer. I don't care about perks, travel accommodations, league etc, but only basketball iq and whether the style of play is conducive to getting the player into the euro league. D1 surely has bigger, more athletic players. But they make excessive selfish or knucklehead decisions in a game, which lowers the ppp.
                    Many apparently value dunking style over FT %. That style of play does not get u into europe.

Without rehashing an old thread, there is a reason lower and mid major teams don't play the iups, wlu, nwmsu in exhibition. On a given night, The best d2 teams can be very competitive with high major d1 teams due to knucklehead d1 play and d2 higher ppp (pts. Per possession)

nwmsu lost to #4 Duke by 4 in 2019
                    Augustana beat Iowa around 2015
                    Findlay beat Ohio state in 2007
                    st Thomas aquinas beat st John's by 30 during the Chris mullen tenure
                    Last edited by Columbuseer; 04-13-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Bolon to College of Charleston

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                        According to VC. WLU just picked up a Soph transfer PG from Walsh: Christian Montague.

I think he's actually a senior with one year left.

Comment

• Originally posted by Layton View Post
                          Bolon to College of Charleston
                          That's a good landing spot. They just hired a new coach and had some players leave. He should get a lot of minutes there. Historically it's a very strong mid-major program. Had he went to WVU he may have played in a very limited role.

College of Charleston is a beautiful campus and great area.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                            According to VC. WLU just picked up a Soph transfer PG from Walsh: Christian Montague.

16 game starter at Walsh this past year. Walsh's PG averaged 3 assists and 13.3 points per game. Two time All-GMAC second team select.

Comment

That's a good landing spot. They just hired a new coach and had some players leave. He should get a lot of minutes there. Historically it's a very strong mid-major program. Had he went to WVU he may have played in a very limited role.

College of Charleston is a beautiful campus and great area.
                              Agree 100% with this

Comment

• Bolon got signed and sealed quickly. Wonder what is going on with Dale Bonner? Yes, I can remain hopeful.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X