Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hurst had a bad game at the wrong time. Kudos to Hillsdale, I knew they were good but I didn't think they could manhandle Hurst. I question Ogele only playing 15 minutes and McIntyre and MacIntosh struggled and that's not normal.

Comment

Comment

Hurst was a good team, just not as good as some said they were and certainly not as good as their 11-0 record seemed to indicate. In many ways, they are a one trick pony...It's a very good trick and they perform it to prefection and most nights against most teams, that is enough to win. But when their opponent "figures it out," they don't really have another trick.

Comment

Fairmont was kind of custom-made for Mercyhurst to play. Hillsdale was the total opposite. The Lakers could play their slow pace and rattle Fairmont.

Mercyhurst isn't built to make comebacks. They got down early and then got way out of sorts. That was the first game all year Mercyhurst played somebody not just as big as them but bigger. Gary said their size all over the floor got in their heads during the game. Always say the biggest key to beat Mercyhurst is to start fast. Get them in a hole and they come apart. It was apparent real early Hillsdale just had their number. They were ready for them. Mercyhurst's big advantage is usually they are the only ones who play that style. Last night they ran in to a similar, bigger team that cleaned their clocks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X