Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlantic region wbb...

The FSU FALCONS seem to have taken their WBB in a new direction, one heavily influenced by JESS STROM. After STEVE MACDONALD retired after 19 yrs as FSU HC in April, his assistant STEPHANIE (MICHEAL) ANDERSON was named as his replacement on 5/3/19. She was a four year starter at CAL U from 09-10 to 12-13. Yesterday, to complete her staff VULCAN all time great MIKI GLENN was announced as her top assistant.
    Under MACDONALD the FALCONS have been a solid team in the MEC, but never quite on the level of WLU or GSU. They certainly have not been competitive in a region that includes the likes of CALU, IUP, BORO,VUU, SHAW and BOWIE. I would expect the competition both on the court and in recruiting the MOUNTAIN STATE to become tougher with this infusion of young blood. Time will tell.

Re: Atlantic region wbb...

Two good hires, I would think.

Comment

Odd timing but another name from that era just popped up on Twitter. HEATHER KEARNEY who was DARCIE VINCENT'S top assistant and took over as VULCANS WBB HC for the 08-09 season, has been named WBB HC at WESTERN CAROLINA of the Southern Conference. Her time at CAL U was short and strange. Very aggressive on the sideline, like her mentor DARCIE VINCENT, she took her team to a 29-5 record and the ELITE EIGHT. After that very successful season she was fired, speculation being some parents complained she was too hard on her team, and replaced by the coach of the team that had ended her season. Truly strange time that I suspect JS knows all the details of and will never say a word.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
        Odd timing but another name from that era just popped up on Twitter. HEATHER KEARNEY who was DARCIE VINCENT'S top assistant and took over as VULCANS WBB HC for the 08-09 season, has been named WBB HC at WESTERN CAROLINA of the Southern Conference. Her time at CAL U was short and strange. Very aggressive on the sideline, like her mentor DARCIE VINCENT, she took her team to a 29-5 record and the ELITE EIGHT. After that very successful season she was fired, speculation being some parents complained she was too hard on her team, and replaced by the coach of the team that had ended her season. Truly strange time that I suspect JS knows all the details of and will never say a word.
        Lol I remember her.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X