Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheeling "Jesuit" University - New Name Suggestions

So now that WJU has lost their Jesuit affiliation, what should they "rename" themselves as? Feel free to provide mocking as well as sincere responses!!

I suggest Wheeling University or the University of Wheeling.

ORRRR...maybe Wheeling Diesel College ORRRR...maybe Wheeling Judicious University (that way they can still use the letters WJU).

Re: Wheeling "Jesuit" University - New Name Suggestions

Wheeling Jesus's University

Comment

Sh!t Hole U

Comment

Free Wheeling.

Comment

Though JESUIT was supposed to be officially dropped as of the end of the academic year, the University and athletic homepages are still using it. Has anyone heard even a hint of any candidates willing to take a leap of faith into the MBB HC job ?

Comment

Only thing I've heard from one random Twitter post is that the name is supposed to be announced sometime in late June. As for WU still using the Jesuit name on their web page, I don't think the Jesuits own the name through any copyright or trademark. But even if they do their only avenue for protecting their trademark rights wound be through a civil suit were they would need to show that the offending organization used their trademarked name without their permission and either made money off of it or caused irreprable harm to it.

As for the BB coach at WU, no announcement yet. But I note that there wasn't a lot of information last year before they selected Peckenpaugh. Also worth noting that the Peckenpaugh selection didn't happen until Jun 28 so WU still has a whole week to get their guy.
            Last edited by boatcapt; 06-23-2019, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Just Wheeling University would actually be pretty cool

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X