Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The recently posted roster seems to be in line with several team photos posted by @CALU_wbb. 17 players pictured and 17 on the roster but the transfer was not on my radar at all this summer. The first posting of the roster didn't show OLIVIA HUDSON which scared me a bit as I'd seen a Twitter photo of her on move-in day and didn't know if something had happened. Just waiting for the team photo, although even that can be misleading. All seems well. Now if @CALU_mbb can get their final roster up, I'll be a happy camper.

Comment

Comment

There is a '19-'20 roster on the MBB thread but it is missing several players, including a very significant one, TIM SMITH JR. As with OLIVIA HUDSON I suspect that this is a short term typo that will be corrected soon.

Comment

Team photo...

https://calvulcans.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster

Comment

Forgot to bring this up but VULCANS WBB in College Park MD tonight for an exhibition with TREPS WBB. At the half MD 36 CAL U 30. CAL U fan favorite VULCAN KAITLYN FRATZ is on the sidelines for Maryland as assistant coach not even 5 years after being named Most Outstanding Player at the '15 NC. She is definitely going places.
            End of 3 MD-75. CAL U-49.
            Last edited by CALUPA69; 10-25-2019, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
              Forgot to bring this up but VULCANS WBB in College Park MD tonight for an exhibition with TREPS WBB. At the half MD 36 CAL U 30. CAL U fan favorite VULCAN KAITLYN FRATZ is on the sidelines for Maryland as assistant coach not even 5 years after being named Most Outstanding Player at the '15 NC. She is definitely going places.
              End of 3 MD-75. CAL U-49.
              Final....MD--109 CAL U--67. MONICA BURNS 29 Pts in 24 Min on 10-20 shots, ,5-10 3s, 4-4 FT /Fr HALLE HERRINGTON 10 Pts in 17 Min on 3-4 3s, 1-2 FT. / 15-16 players played. And I guess I have to apologize to MB for doubting her.

Comment

Final....MD--109 CAL U--67. MONICA BURNS 29 Pts in 24 Min on 10-20 shots, ,5-10 3s, 4-4 FT /Fr HALLE HERRINGTON 10 Pts in 17 Min on 3-4 3s, 1-2 FT. / 15-16 players played. And I guess I have to apologize to MB for doubting her.
                I told you that months ago !!

She's not there to ride pine.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I told you that months ago !!

She's not there to ride pine.
                  You were right on the mark....(head hanging)

Comment

You were right on the mark....(head hanging)
                    LOL ... I'm just messing with you.

She is a good player. She looks to be in excellent physical condition, too. She's a gym rat and mature now. I wasn't thrilled when she decided to play there (from our view).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

LOL ... I'm just messing with you.

She is a good player. She looks to be in excellent physical condition, too. She's a gym rat and mature now. I wasn't thrilled when she decided to play there (from our view).
                      The last VULCAN WBB player who looked quite so fit was #42 KAYLA SMITH back in '10-'11. Speaking of whom, KS is doing pretty well now as the owner of OPEX in Morgantown WV and newly appointed Director of Strength and Conditioning at Fairmont State. Still seems to pushing herself...

https://www.opexmorgantown.com/our-coaches

Comment

No idea how significant it is but BIANCA JASPER has tweeted about getting about campus on crutches. No word about why or how long this will continue but it will certainly effect the start of the season as she is the most experienced player on the team. Time will tell.

Comment

Sounds like Halle Herrington will run the point until her return. She played well at MD.

Comment

Originally posted by 110dad View Post
                            Sounds like Halle Herrington will run the point until her return. She played well at MD.
                            Could be quite a challenge for her going against three teams that are all coming off strong seasons--CHARLESTON 25-7, WLU 21-10 and VUU 28-3. Other than JASPER the other returning guards seem to be TO prone so it looks like HH is it.

Comment

No idea how significant it is but BIANCA JASPER has tweeted about getting about campus on crutches. No word about why or how long this will continue but it will certainly effect the start of the season as she is the most experienced player on the team. Time will tell.
                              BJ has apparently tried running...to no avail. Don't expect to see her before the start of PSAC WEST play vs UPJ on Jan. 3.

Comment

Totally got faked out by BJ's tweets. She's not full strength but has put in a solid 27.8 minutes through 4 games which is exactly her time last year. Positives so far 4-0 record including wins over 3 possible post season opponents. Very even scoring BURNS, 22.3, HARRISON 13.5, HUDSON 12.0, ALLEN 11.0 and JASPER 10.5. Those five are 1 SR, 1JR, 2SO and 1FR. Ability to come back/hold on when needed. Better rebounding
                                Negatives include crazy, for JESS STROM, reliance on 3 Pt but only hitting .398. Not nearly traditional stifling defense with only a 6TO average plus. Giving up 3s at .435 rate is not sustainable. Giving up 77.5 ppg versus 5 year average of 61.1 CANNOT make JS happy. Nor does substandard TO numbers.
                                But next 5-10 games look winnable before getting into WEST play. Hopefully the kinks can be worked out.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X