Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If you look at Millersville's season as a whole ... they've been streaky. They started red-hot, then got pounded by IUP and UPJ followed by a loss at California. Then they had another loss to Shippensburg before going on the long winning streak.

To your point about their recent play, consider they barely beat Kutztown, 74-72, prior to the OT win at Mansfield and getting blown out at Shepherd.

Lot of talent there ... but, not sure what to expect out of them moving forward.
    This has got to be their year. They're losing a lot of senior talent after this season. East Stroud and West Chester, among others, have some good-looking underclassmen. Mansfield actually has some decent freshmen and sophs, but we'll see if they can hang on to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

This has got to be their year. They're losing a lot of senior talent after this season. East Stroud and West Chester, among others, have some good-looking underclassmen. Mansfield actually has some decent freshmen and sophs, but we'll see if they can hang on to them.
      Yep. Couple days away from the official start of transfer season for many teams. The portal will start getting lively come Monday.

There's one player in the West that I'm watching closely (on one of the bottom teams). He would be highly-coveted if he'd hit the market.

Comment

• Jake Biss is on fire once again. He has 22 points at the half, 9-for-11 from the floor, as Shippensburg leads 38-24 at Shepherd.

Comment

• Biss finishes with 28, Rashon Johnson with 27 in a 79-65 Shippensburg victory. Four of the five Ship starters played 40 minutes. I don't know if that's real good.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
            Biss finishes with 28, Rashon Johnson with 27 in a 79-65 Shippensburg victory. Four of the five Ship starters played 40 minutes. I don't know if that's real good.
            Statisticians' dream. Iron Man.

Comment

Biss finishes with 28, Rashon Johnson with 27 in a 79-65 Shippensburg victory. Four of the five Ship starters played 40 minutes. I don't know if that's real good.
              Not sure they have a lot of choice at the moment.

Comment

• Observation of the Day from the Shepherd basketball broadcast announcer Wednesday night as Shippensburg's Jake Biss put up 22 points against Shepherd in the first half: "If you take Biss out of the game, we'd be winning."

Gee, ya think?

Comment

• Bloom's Justin Anderson 6'3" 170 G entered the transfer portal. Graduated in 3 years, 2 years of eligibility left. Set Bloomsburg freshman record for most points in a season (478). 468 points this year for 18.7 avg. Big loss if he goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
                    Bloom's Justin Anderson 6'3" 170 G entered the transfer portal. Graduated in 3 years, 2 years of eligibility left. Set Bloomsburg freshman record for most points in a season (478). 468 points this year for 18.7 avg. Big loss if he goes.
                    He'll get a lot of calls. Nice player. I'd guess he lands in the East somewhere.

They can't block him from anywhere being a grad transfer.

Comment

He'll get a lot of calls. Nice player. I'd guess he lands in the East somewhere.

They can't block him from anywhere being a grad transfer.
                      Coach said they were going to talk to him and his family, but knows he has many options. I am guessing he won't stay in the PSAC, and is looking to move up a notch.

Comment

Coach said they were going to talk to him and his family, but knows he has many options. I am guessing he won't stay in the PSAC, and is looking to move up a notch.
                        Well, that would be Shippensburg University, wouldn't it?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Comment

Well, that would be Shippensburg University, wouldn't it?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)
                          Would he have to enter the transfer portal to go to Ship? He is probably hoping for some looks from D1. This wasn't a surprise, as he was 1 of 4 players sent off on senior day.

Comment

Would he have to enter the transfer portal to go to Ship? He is probably hoping for some looks from D1. This wasn't a surprise, as he was 1 of 4 players sent off on senior day.
                            He has to enter the portal to go anywhere.

Comment

• Keep in mind, he can enter the TP and if no good offers come he could remove himself.

Granted, most teams would consider that burning the bridge and not want you back. But, every situation is different.

That's what Bagent did in football and told Shep if the right offer didn't come he wanted to return.

Comment

Keep in mind, he can enter the TP and if no good offers come he could remove himself.

Granted, most teams would consider that burning the bridge and not want you back. But, every situation is different.

That's what Bagent did in football and told Shep if the right offer didn't come he wanted to return.
                                Both of Glenville's top basketball players this season (Williams & Edwards) entered the portal last offseason. Neither got the looks they wanted, and Caldwell welcomed them back at Glenville. So it can happen. But I think bigINDIANS is right that a lot of coaches might hold a grudge and/or take the attitude: "if you don't want to be here, we don't want you here."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X