Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ship men edge Shepherd, coming back from five down in the final 94 seconds. The Raiders go up a half-game on ESU, which fell victim to the snow.
    Last edited by jrshooter; 01-25-2023, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Ship men edge Shepherd, coming back from five down in the final 94 seconds. The Raiders go up a half-game on ESU, which fell victim to the snow.
      Just back from that one. That was so much fun I might watch it again on stream. Two big three-pointers finally went down. And a short spurt by Trey Martin offered a tantalizing glimpse of the player he might become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Just back from that one. That was so much fun I might watch it again on stream. Two big three-pointers finally went down. And a short spurt by Trey Martin offered a tantalizing glimpse of the player he might become.
        The game has appeared to "slow down" for both Martin and Figueroa over the past two weeks. Very good to see.

Comment

The game has appeared to "slow down" for both Martin and Figueroa over the past two weeks. Very good to see.
          Yeah, it's quite a jump for Martin to go from playing Big Spring and James Buchanan to facing PSAC opposition, but he looks as if he's coming around. I thought they could have gotten him the ball a couple of more times last night. You can see the physical potential Figueroa has. As he learns to play more under control, he'll be a contributor. Obviously the 11 combined points those guys gave Ship last night were crucial, especially with Sleva having an off game offensively.

Carter hit his last three from the "G" in Gannon Insurance on the court. That is a helluva long shot.

McClain-Corley likes to talk a lot for Shepherd, but the guy can back it up. He's as smooth a guard as I've seen Ship play for a while. Hughley, their 6-6, 240-pound forward, is one of those bulky but quick guys who give Ship matchup fits. The Rams only show one senior on the roster and could be a force in the East next season if they keep their team together and maybe add another big. That'll be a tough game down there later this season.

After Monday, Ship really needed this one. A win up at Lock Haven, which won't be easy, would be nice this Saturday, especially with East Stroud to follow.
          Last edited by Ship69; 01-26-2023, 08:12 AM.

Comment

• LH at ESU will be played tonight.

It was PPD last night due to weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              LH at ESU will be played tonight.

It was PPD last night due to weather.
              The good thing for Ship is that one of those two will get a loss. Not easy for East Stroud to play a tough Lock Haven team and go to IUP two nights later, but if any team in the league has the depth to do that, it's probably the Warriors.

Comment

The good thing for Ship is that one of those two will get a loss. Not easy for East Stroud to play a tough Lock Haven team and go to IUP two nights later, but if any team in the league has the depth to do that, it's probably the Warriors.
                And of course, it's not a great time for ESU to be running into any contender, unless they get their mojo back fast.

(P.S. My buddy and I are probably going to James Buchanan tomorrow night to witness the carnage when Ship High visits.)

Comment

And of course, it's not a great time for ESU to be running into any contender, unless they get their mojo back fast.

(P.S. My buddy and I are probably going to James Buchanan tomorrow night to witness the carnage when Ship High visits.)
                  Interesting, of course Ship High has dropped off considerably with a big loss in talent from last season. Waynesboro has pretty much had its way in that division so far.

Speaking of drop offs, the departure of Abby Beeman and her cohorts from the Shepherd U. women's team has probably led to one of the biggest one-year drop-offs I think I've ever seen. They've gone from being one of the top teams in the PSAC to a winless team that isn't even coming close. Ship beat them by 40 with Jones and Pettis out for large portions of the game and most of the rest of the team not really playing at its best. Tough debut for Shepherd's first-year coach.

Comment

Interesting, of course Ship High has dropped off considerably with a big loss in talent from last season. Waynesboro has pretty much had its way in that division so far.

Speaking of drop offs, the departure of Abby Beeman and her cohorts from the Shepherd U. women's team has probably led to one of the biggest one-year drop-offs I think I've ever seen. They've gone from being one of the top teams in the PSAC to a winless team that isn't even coming close. Ship beat them by 40 with Jones and Pettis out for large portions of the game and most of the rest of the team not really playing at its best. Tough debut for Shepherd's first-year coach.
                    I thought the HC leaving for Frostburg was an interesting move.

Of course, she may have known Beeman was heading to Huntington along with the loss of others -- and wanted to get off the sinking ship.

Beeman has started all year for Marshall.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I thought the HC leaving for Frostburg was an interesting move.

Of course, she may have known Beeman was heading to Huntington along with the loss of others -- and wanted to get off the sinking ship.

Beeman has started all year for Marshall.
                      Could be. Beeman was a good player. Was looking forward to her and Jones dueling last season, but then Jones missed the season due to injury.

Comment

• Six minutes into the game last night, I texted Eric Thomas, Ship's PBP guy: "That might be the most noncompetitive club I've seen in the PSAC, either gender."

By the way, the ESU men are coughing up another one. Down 35-21 at home to Lock Haven late in the first half.
                        Last edited by jrshooter; 01-26-2023, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• LH up 52-36 on ESU in 2nd half

Comment

• 68-63, three minutes left. LHU's staggering to the finish line.

Comment

• Looks like LH gonna pull it out. Huge road win for Bald Eagles.

Comment

• Ship's up one game on ESU and LHU, up two games on West Chester and Millersville. Raiders visit Lock Haven on Saturday afternoon.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X