Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

For those using new math, the score was 70-63, so the margin was 7. Tied at 62 with 90 seconds left.

Granted LaSalle was only picked to finish 10th in the Atlantic 14, er Atlantic 10.
    My mistake. But, it will get WCU ready for that daunting non-conference schedule. Wink.

Comment

I noticed Moe Williams has missed all of Kutztown's (1-2) games so far ... Including an eye-opening home losses to U-Sciences.

Is he injured?

Comment

EAST Standings

Lock Haven (3-0) - Things get real this weekend at Cal and SRU. Schedule very light to this point.
        West Chester (3-0) - Should get wins at Gannon and Clarion this weekend.
        East Stroudsburg (3-1) - Tough weekend trip ahead: at UPJ and at IUP.
        Millersville (3-1) - Marauders get the Erie schools this weekend. Big test at Mercyhurst.
        Shepherd (3-1) - On the road at Edinboro and Mercyhurst
        Shippensburg (3-1) - Trips to Edinboro and SRU this weekend after Dickinson visits tonight. Red Raiders should get a 3-0 week.
        Bloomsburg (1-2) - Visit to the KCAC Saturday could be rough but Sunday is a must-win at Seton Hill
        Kutztown (1-2) - Moe Williams can't get back soon enough.
        Mansfield (1-2) - Mounties need a split at Cal and Seton Hill this weekend.

Comment

Here's hoping ESU can manage a split vs UPJ & IUP...They lack size with Ryan Smith out of the lineup, but they hustle like all of Jeff Wilson's teams. They've gotten solid play from newcomers Zach Sabol and Justin Paz, and Carlos Pepin has been great at both ends of the floor. Guards Walls, Johnson and Rodriguez can score from anywhere on the floor...They'll be a tough opponent on most nights!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            Here's hoping ESU can manage a split vs UPJ & IUP...They lack size with Ryan Smith out of the lineup, but they hustle like all of Jeff Wilson's teams. They've gotten solid play from newcomers Zach Sabol and Justin Paz, and Carlos Pepin has been great at both ends of the floor. Guards Walls, Johnson and Rodriguez can score from anywhere on the floor...They'll be a tough opponent on most nights!
            They'll cause Joe's six-man rotation all sorts of problems on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              EAST Standings

Lock Haven (3-0) - Things get real this weekend at Cal and SRU. Schedule very light to this point.
              West Chester (3-0) - Should get wins at Gannon and Clarion this weekend.
              East Stroudsburg (3-1) - Tough weekend trip ahead: at UPJ and at IUP.
              Millersville (3-1) - Marauders get the Erie schools this weekend. Big test at Mercyhurst.
              Shepherd (3-1) - On the road at Edinboro and Mercyhurst
              Shippensburg (3-1) - Trips to Edinboro and SRU this weekend after Dickinson visits tonight. Red Raiders should get a 3-0 week.
              Bloomsburg (1-2) - Visit to the KCAC Saturday could be rough but Sunday is a must-win at Seton Hill
              Kutztown (1-2) - Moe Williams can't get back soon enough.
              Mansfield (1-2) - Mounties need a split at Cal and Seton Hill this weekend.
              Ship shook off Dickinson 80-60 after a slow start. Ten players got a lot of minutes. Three-point shooting continues to suck for some reason, which could bite them on their PSAC West road trip this weekend if they don't get it straightened out.

Comment

They'll cause Joe's six-man rotation all sorts of problems on Sunday.
                What makes you say that?! He's had 7 guys play double-digit minutes in every game so far...
                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 11-20-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

One thing that I love to follow on crossover games is the combined East vs. West record. There are 18 games this weekend, all at west sites.. Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of wins for East vs. West?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden89 View Post
                    One thing that I love to follow on crossover games is the combined East vs. West record. There are 18 games this weekend, all at west sites.. Anyone want to venture a guess on the number of wins for East vs. West?
                    I'll be very disappointed if CAL U doesn't pick up wins over LHU and MANSFIELD so that's two of eighteen.

Comment

Fascinating that ESU beat Felician by nearly identical scorelines these past two years (109-85 in 2018, 104-80 in 2019), and ESU returned none of their starters from last year while Felician had 4 of their 5 starters from last year. Granted, ESU was at home for this year's edition, but it speaks to the talent and system that Coach Wilson has where he can generally not miss a beat. It remains to be seen how ESU will fare against the top of the PSAC in what projects to be a very competitive season, and this probably won't be a regional champs type of season, but it should still be a very fun team to follow. I'm excited for the conference season.

Also from that Felician game, ESU had no player with more than 22 minutes (Marc Rodriguez), and had TEN players with at least 16 minutes. I've seen some impressive rotations but this might take the cake. That ten-player main rotation includes 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen, so the future is definitely bright. Love that the local-ish connection to Sabol and Paz is paying off this early on. Just about as good of a start to 2019-20 as I could have hoped for.

Comment

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                        Fascinating that ESU beat Felician by nearly identical scorelines these past two years (109-85 in 2018, 104-80 in 2019), and ESU returned none of their starters from last year while Felician had 4 of their 5 starters from last year. Granted, ESU was at home for this year's edition, but it speaks to the talent and system that Coach Wilson has where he can generally not miss a beat. It remains to be seen how ESU will fare against the top of the PSAC in what projects to be a very competitive season, and this probably won't be a regional champs type of season, but it should still be a very fun team to follow. I'm excited for the conference season.

Also from that Felician game, ESU had no player with more than 22 minutes (Marc Rodriguez), and had TEN players with at least 16 minutes. I've seen some impressive rotations but this might take the cake. That ten-player main rotation includes 4 sophomores and 2 freshmen, so the future is definitely bright. Love that the local-ish connection to Sabol and Paz is paying off this early on. Just about as good of a start to 2019-20 as I could have hoped for.
                        The only thing I worry about is the Warriors lack of size at the rim. Jeff has plenty of talent to draw from. If they can continue to shoot well from outside, they'll be a tough matchup every night!

Comment

Anyone who follows Kutztown hoops may be interested to know that former player Antonio Depina, who transferred to Lincoln around 2014, is on the new Netflix reality show, The Circle. Saw a little bit of it and looked him up.

Comment

Didn't see Moe Williams last night at Kutztown. What I did see was a team that constantly runs the same play with different people. Kutztown wanted to isolate one guy at the top of the key and drive to the basket. It was a very one dimensional offense. Foul trouble hurt the Bears in both halves. ESU is playing much better than I expected without Ryan Smith. With no dominant player on the team, ESU is a tough match up every night.

Comment

At 2-4 and 6-6, Shepherd is a really deceivingly strong team. They took both IUP and West Chester to the wire.

They have to find a way to close out games but they are a tough out.

Comment

At 2-4 and 6-6, Shepherd is a really deceivingly strong team. They took both IUP and West Chester to the wire.

They have to find a way to close out games but they are a tough out.
                                They've had real talent at times in the past. They've actually been below their usual standard the past couple of seasons. I'm figuring neither of Ship's games with them will be easy. A little side note from last night. I found it interesting that Millersville had six players on their roster from Virginia and two from Pennsylvania. Apparently Stitzel has some sort of connection down there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X