Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2-4 and 6-6 don't really indicate a deceivingly strong team. What have you seen from Shepherd to give you that impression?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
      2-4 and 6-6 don't really indicate a deceivingly strong team. What have you seen from Shepherd to give you that impression?
      As an earlier poster said, they took both IUP and West Chester, probably the league's best teams to this point of the season, to the wire. They have two other losses by one and two points, so easily could be 3-3 and 8-4. They are not an easy out on their home court.

Comment

See above.

Comment

Eh, I still wouldn't sleep on them. Solid program.

Comment

I think that was the entire purpose of the "deceivingly strong" point...

Comment

I think the poster was the one deceived...

Comment

I think the poster was the one deceived...
                Ask Joe Lombardi and Damien Blair if they thought Shepherd was a strong team. Then again, I'm sure you know better than they do.

Comment

But would Joe and Damian call them "deceivingly strong"...? If they said it, I'd be satisfied...

Comment

But would Joe and Damian call them "deceivingly strong"...? If they said it, I'd be satisfied...
                    Since this seems to really bother you ... Joe already did say on the record he thought they were a very good team. Can't speak for Blair since he gets no media coverage. Other posters beside myself also said the same thing. Do you have a grudge against Shepherd?

Millersville must have been deceivingly strong last night, too, despite its poor record.

I'll apologize. I'll never say anything positive about another team ever again. You all suck. LOL.
                    Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-07-2020, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Shepherd lives and dies with the 3 ball. They couldn't live with it at Bloom. Bloom is also playing without Max Wagner because of academic issues. Two years in a row they have lost a top player for the second semester with academic problems.

Comment

As a longtime viewer of Shepherd from down here in the MEC, I've always felt like Shepherd has frequently underplayed their talent. But the flip side of a team that underachieves is that there will be nights when they put it all together. And on nights when they put it all together, they have plenty enough talent to knock off anyone. They just far too frequently underperform given how much raw ability is usually stashed on that roster. (According to my admittedly untrained eye, I kinda think it's a coaching thing--it just seems that Namolik is a much better recruiter than he is a motivator/coach. He seems to get the right kids and the right bodies, but underuitilizes them).

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post
                          Shepherd lives and dies with the 3 ball. They couldn't live with it at Bloom. Bloom is also playing without Max Wagner because of academic issues. Two years in a row they have lost a top player for the second semester with academic problems.
                          Wagner ... wow. That sucks even more than an injury. You wonder how that happens to an upperclassmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrub View Post
                            As a longtime viewer of Shepherd from down here in the MEC, I've always felt like Shepherd has frequently underplayed their talent. But the flip side of a team that underachieves is that there will be nights when they put it all together. And on nights when they put it all together, they have plenty enough talent to knock off anyone. They just far too frequently underperform given how much raw ability is usually stashed on that roster. (According to my admittedly untrained eye, I kinda think it's a coaching thing--it just seems that Namolik is a much better recruiter than he is a motivator/coach. He seems to get the right kids and the right bodies, but underuitilizes them).
                            Looking forward to the RAMS first visit to the MON VALLEY since December 2010 when they edged the VULCANS 92-88 at HAMER. With the exception of one road and one home game, CAL U has been in every game which is impressive as the top 7 players are one Jr, 3 So and 3 Fr. The top 2 scoring threats are PEGRAM and HOUSE with COLLINS close behind. Last night's game at SRU showed the skill of several players to go to the hoop as well as shoot long range especially HOUSE who is deceptively quick on his first step. Should be a good game

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Wagner ... wow. That sucks even more than an injury. You wonder how that happens to an upperclassmen.
                              Last year Mauras was academically ineligible for the second semester; he previously played at Old Dominion. Wagner was able to play at Kutztown in the past. Either upper class courses get tougher for these guys or Bloom is the Yale of the east.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Since this seems to really bother you ... Joe already did say on the record he thought they were a very good team. Can't speak for Blair since he gets no media coverage. Other posters beside myself also said the same thing. Do you have a grudge against Shepherd?

Millersville must have been deceivingly strong last night, too, despite its poor record.

I'll apologize. I'll never say anything positive about another team ever again. You all suck. LOL.
                                Just calling it like I see it, as I always do...Millersville played very well the other night. One game is too small a sample size to paint a complete picture of ANY team...
                                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 01-08-2020, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X