Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scrub View Post
    But your point about ESU is well taken. That's an awfully good 0-3 team.
    The Warriors had injury issues to start the season. They are VERY young, and need to find some consistency on offense.
    Last edited by WarriorVoice; 01-07-2022, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• The East definitely heats up this week, providing Covid doesn't interfere. Ship has a tough road swing (seem to be a lot of those this season) with a trip to Millersville Saturday and West Chester on Monday before heading to Mansfield and hosting East Stroud on Dec. 15. I think some of the early season records are deceptive and the division should be wide open this year.

Comment

• Mansfield women's team had to cancel today's game with Bloom due to Covid.

Comment

• Posted this on the PSAC West site as well:

Ship men's and women's games at West Chester Monday are postponed. Women have rescheduled their Jan. 24 game at Kutztown for Monday, since both teams' opponents had canceled this week. The Millersville women's game scheduled for Saturday has been moved to Monday. Ship-Millersville men's game is still on as far as I know. This is getting complicated.

Comment

• 1 p.m. start at Pucillo this afternoon for Ship-'Ville. I think I'm heading over there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
              1 p.m. start at Pucillo this afternoon for Ship-'Ville. I think I'm heading over there.
              That's a nice gym.

Comment

1 p.m. start at Pucillo this afternoon for Ship-'Ville. I think I'm heading over there.
                Don't imagine there'll be a big crowd. Hope they pull it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

That's a nice gym.
                  It's been a tough place for Ship to play over the years. We'll see how this one goes. I thought Ship looked a little rusty Wednesday, but I think we might see a lot of erratic play this year with all the stops and starts we're running into this season.

Comment

• Ship 42, Millersville 32 are the break. Raiders close the half with a 13-5 run. They're playing a clean game and hitting outside the arc; the 'Ville has been stronger on the boards.

1. Very surprising to me that the shots and points are coming from Carlos Carter and Kiyon Hardy, who's showing the best version of himself this week. Jake Biss seems quite content to run the show: 5 FGA, 4 points.

2. Marauders are clearly at their best when Caden Najdawi is on the floor. He's a real physical presence, and moved Luke Nedrow around like a rag doll in the first 10 minutes.

Maybe 300 here? Sleepy Saturday afternoon crowd.

Comment

Ship 42, Millersville 32 are the break. Raiders close the half with a 13-5 run. They're playing a clean game and hitting outside the arc; the 'Ville has been stronger on the boards.

1. Very surprising to me that the shots and points are coming from Carlos Carter and Kiyon Hardy, who's showing the best version of himself this week. Jake Biss seems quite content to run the show: 5 FGA, 4 points.

2. Marauders are clearly at their best when Caden Najdawi is on the floor. He's a real physical presence, and moved Luke Nedrow around like a rag doll in the first 10 minutes.

Maybe 300 here? Sleepy Saturday afternoon crowd.
                      Yep. Get their big off the floor and they crumble.

Comment

• Shippensburg 75, Millersville 64. 19 for Hardy, who could make a good case for PSAC East Athlete of the Week. 17 for Carter. The 'Ville closes 4-for-19 from 3-point land.

I can't say Ship really had a poor stretch in 40 minutes, and they had two good runs.

Comment

Shippensburg 75, Millersville 64. 19 for Hardy, who could make a good case for PSAC East Athlete of the Week. 17 for Carter. The 'Ville closes 4-for-19 from 3-point land.

I can't say Ship really had a poor stretch in 40 minutes, and they had two good runs.
                          Great win in that Biss let the game come to him. The best part of his return has been that it's opened up opportunities for Hardy, Carter and Johnson as Biss can't be ignored. A win at Millersville is always satisfying.

That looked like a very physical game. Najdawi is good all right, but he easily could have picked up 3-4 more fouls if the game had been called tightly. But I'd rather have a game like that than a ticky-tack one.

The postponement of the West Chester game might be a blessing as it gives them an extra day before the long trip up to Mansfield and next Saturday's showdown with East Stroud. The Millersville-East Stroud game next week will be an important one for Millersville if they want to stay in the East race as a loss would drop them to 3-5 in the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Great win in that Biss let the game come to him. The best part of his return has been that it's opened up opportunities for Hardy, Carter and Johnson as Biss can't be ignored. A win at Millersville is always satisfying.

That looked like a very physical game. Najdawi is good all right, but he easily could have picked up 3-4 more fouls if the game had been called tightly. But I'd rather have a game like that than a ticky-tack one.

The postponement of the West Chester game might be a blessing as it gives them an extra day before the long trip up to Mansfield and next Saturday's showdown with East Stroud. The Millersville-East Stroud game next week will be an important one for Millersville if they want to stay in the East race as a loss would drop them to 3-5 in the conference.
                            I have to wonder, though, if Chris Fite is OK with Biss attempting two 3-pointers in the game and Nedrow shooting four. That's a little screwy.

The officiating was uneven -- for both sides. Stitzel was livid several times in the second half. Rang up a T at a bad time.

Comment

• Tons of postponements today on the Men's and Women's schedules. Expect to see more Monday night matchups in the next 2 months.

Comment

I have to wonder, though, if Chris Fite is OK with Biss attempting two 3-pointers in the game and Nedrow shooting four. That's a little screwy.

The officiating was uneven -- for both sides. Stitzel was livid several times in the second half. Rang up a T at a bad time.
                                I thought Nedrow took a couple that weren't necessary. Sometimes it's dangerous when a big guy makes a few 3s and starts to think he's the team sharpshooter. I had little problem with how Biss played. Millersville was often running two guys at him throughout the game, leaving plenty of openings for the other guys. Hardy has stepped up game on offense big-time recently, and Carter and Johnson are fully capable of taking advantage of any openings you give them.

As for Stitzel, I have yet to see a Millersville game where the guy wasn't livid. He's a basket case.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X