Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    Rim defense was the issue last night for ESU, as they displayed very little of it. They allowed too many easy looks at the basket. I don't believe I've ever seen a box score where 7 players play, only the 5 starters score, and they all range from 14 to 19 points. Kudos to a very good team. The weekend should be very entertaining!!

Comment

• Comment

• Millersville draws a ton of fouls. They've taken a league-high 672 attempts. Of course, they are one of the worst FT shooting teams in the league at just 66 percent (second to last).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Millersville draws a ton of fouls. They've taken a league-high 672 attempts. Of course, they are one of the worst FT shooting teams in the league at just 66 percent (second to last).
          Both of those teams like to bang. Millersville's style of play does draw them, and I think they probably don't have as many called on them as they should. Najdawi could have fouled out three times in their first game with Ship this season if the game had been called tightly. Maybe Stitzel's relentless patter works to some extent. The second Ship game with West Chester also had a heated ending. I believe Fite might have exchanged some words, which is something he does not do often.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Both of those teams like to bang. Millersville's style of play does draw them, and I think they probably don't have as many called on them as they should. Najdawi could have fouled out three times in their first game with Ship this season if the game had been called tightly. Maybe Stitzel's relentless patter works to some extent. The second Ship game with West Chester also had a heated ending. I believe Fite might have exchanged some words, which is something he does not do often.
            They have a tough assignment. Millersville didn't play Mercyhurst this year. That match-up zone is very difficult to play -- even when you're familiar with it. I assume they will travel Friday which really gives them today.

Always say .. the big advantage the Lakers have is they don't care who they play ... they don't adjust to you. You have to adjust to them.

Comment

They have a tough assignment. Millersville didn't play Mercyhurst this year. That match-up zone is very difficult to play -- even when you're familiar with it. I assume they will travel Friday which really gives them today.

Always say .. the big advantage the Lakers have is they don't care who they play ... they don't adjust to you. You have to adjust to them.

Comment

• Go back and watch it! Worth the price (Free)

Comment

Justice (Mansfield) entered portal today.
                  There's a team player for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

There's a team player for you!
                    After watching the second Ship-Mansfield game and observing his play, I figured he wouldn't stay around. Wherever he lands, though, they might actually expect him to play defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

After watching the second Ship-Mansfield game and observing his play, I figured he wouldn't stay around. Wherever he lands, though, they might actually expect him to play defense.
                      Defense is a culture. You dog it at places like IUP or Mercyhurst ... you get to watch the games from the bench. You then transfer out after having your scholarship pulled immediately after the season ends. My impression when players dog it on that end is the inmates are running the asylum.

Comment

Defense is a culture. You dog it at places like IUP or Mercyhurst ... you get to watch the games from the bench. You then transfer out after having your scholarship pulled immediately after the season ends. My impression when players dog it on that end is the inmates are running the asylum.

Comment

• Kudos to the award winners!
                          https://psacsports.org/news/2022/3/3...nce-teams.aspx

Comment

• Markus Frank, Quaker Valley, committed to Shippensburg.

Big signing. I didn't think he'd slip to D2.

6'5" guard

Comment

Markus Frank, Quaker Valley, committed to Shippensburg.

Big signing. I didn't think he'd slip to D2.

6'5" guard
                              I knew they'd been after him, but hadn't been paying much attention as I figured he was a longshot. With Frank and Trey Martin coming in along with transfer help, coach Fite has gone a long way toward shoring up a position where he had big losses. Both Frank and Martin bring some needed size to the guard position. I'm hoping for a breakout season from Mike Dunn as well.

Comment

• Shippensburg University men's basketball alumnus Jake Biss '21 has signed a contract with the Den Helder Suns, affording him an opportunity to play professionally in The Netherlands. The news was distributed Monday on social media by the Den Helder Suns.

"I'm very fortunate to have gotten this opportunity to continue my basketball career and play at the professional level," Biss said. "I think Coach Fite and the Ship program have prepared me very well to play at this level. It's always been a childhood dream of mine to play professionally, and I plan to make the most of the opportunity and extend my basketball career for as long as I possibly can."

During Biss' time as a Raider, Shippensburg went 93-31 and qualified for four Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) Tournament appearances and two NCAA Tournament appearances. He is a three-time All-PSAC Eastern Division First Team selection, including the 2019-20 PSAC East Athlete of the Year, and a 2020 National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) All-District honoree at guard.

Biss completed his SU career ranked third in school history in career three-pointers (212), sixth in career assists (391), eighth in career free-throw percentage (.802), and ninth in career points (1,484). As a graduate student in 2021-22, Biss averaged 16.9 points, 3.7 assists and 1.4 steals while shooting 38 percent from three-point range.

The signing marks the beginning of Biss's professional career.

"My staff and I couldn't be more happy for Jake," head coach Chris Fite said. "He has worked extremely hard and has earned all the success he has had. The Den Helder Suns are getting a great point guard, but more importantly, a great young man to represent their program. We are excited Jake gets to have this experience and are looking forward to following his professional career."

The Den Helder Suns play in the BNXT League, which fields teams from Belgium and The Netherlands. The 21-team league had its inaugural season in 2021-22.

"I still have some time at home before I head over in August, but I'm really excited to get started with the Suns and get to know the team and organization," Biss said.

Biss is now one of three Raiders playing professional basketball overseas. He joins Dustin Sleva (Paris, France-Elite ProA) and Justin McCarthur (Dubrovnik, Croatia-A2).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X