Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    Gannon kid lands front foot in frontcourt, then back foot in backcourt on an inbounds play, down two with 10 seconds left. Ship holds on for a 60-56 victory.

Rashon Johnson and Dom Sleva lead four double-figure scorers with 18 apiece.

In other news, Geoffrey Helm announces on Twitter that he's taken the 3:18 flight to Chatham.
    The team in the 'Mill is 0-8.

Wonder if Jefferson is still coach after the holiday.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
      Gannon kid lands front foot in frontcourt, then back foot in backcourt on an inbounds play, down two with 10 seconds left. Ship holds on for a 60-56 victory.

Rashon Johnson and Dom Sleva lead four double-figure scorers with 18 apiece.

In other news, Geoffrey Helm announces on Twitter that he's taken the 3:18 flight to Chatham.
      Yeah, Carter recovered enough in the second half to combine with the other three to get them just enough to win. Two points from the bench. That just can't continue to happen. There is no way to get shots for any of the guards in the offense? They're just going to have to find a way to get points out of Recchia, Crespo, and maybe some of the others. Trey Martin is a frosh, but we know he can shoot. The whole Dunn and Helm thing is a mystery to me. Are they hurting, just not practicing well? Ship has a very good coaching staff and I trust their judgment, but I just have no feel for what is going on with this team. The only thing consistent about this season has been inconsistency. One thing I do know is they won't contend for the East with a four-player team.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The team in the 'Mill is 0-8.

Wonder if Jefferson is still coach after the holiday.
        lol

Comment

• Bloomsburg has started the post-Sanow era about as badly as possible. I know the Massey ratings have somewhat fallen out of style around here but they rate as the 5th-worst team in D2 by that system and are only favored in one of their remaining games (vs Mansfield) with a few others listed as tossups (vs Ktown, @Mansfield, vs Edinboro). According to the “simulate” option on the team page they currently have about a 1.5% chance of actually going winless and their expected win total over the rest of the season is an abysmal 4.1. What’s really concerning is that so far they’ve only played two-three close games and two of those came against weak non-conference opponents in Chestnut Hill and Goldey Beacom so you can’t even say they’ve been particularly unlucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post
            Bloomsburg has started the post-Sanow era about as badly as possible. I know the Massey ratings have somewhat fallen out of style around here but they rate as the 5th-worst team in D2 by that system and are only favored in one of their remaining games (vs Mansfield) with a few others listed as tossups (vs Ktown, @Mansfield, vs Edinboro). According to the “simulate” option on the team page they currently have about a 1.5% chance of actually going winless and their expected win total over the rest of the season is an abysmal 4.1. What’s really concerning is that so far they’ve only played two-three close games and two of those came against weak non-conference opponents in Chestnut Hill and Goldey Beacom so you can’t even say they’ve been particularly unlucky.
            Well this year is a throw away for sure. The team traveled to the last 2 games with 8 players. The roster is down from 18 to 17; I know of injuries, but there must be other losses or a bunch of redshirts. Coaches have had to fill in at practice to get enough players. The women have been having a rough start as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

Well this year is a throw away for sure. The team traveled to the last 2 games with 8 players. The roster is down from 18 to 17; I know of injuries, but there must be other losses or a bunch of redshirts. Coaches have had to fill in at practice to get enough players. The women have been having a rough start as well.
              Their best freshman got hurt in the IUP game. It was a leg or knee. Fluke injury. He hasn't played since. He'll be a big boost if he returns.

Their big guy (name slips me) is a nice player.

But, yeah, it's going to be a long year and a total rebuild.

Kutztown will hammer them but they may have a shot against Edinboro and Mansfield. The Mounties aren't actually that bad so it won't be easy.

They played a good first 10 minutes against Charleston but just got worn down fast. UC goes deep and just had too much.

Comment

Their best freshman got hurt in the IUP game. It was a leg or knee. Fluke injury. He hasn't played since. He'll be a big boost if he returns.

Their big guy (name slips me) is a nice player.

But, yeah, it's going to be a long year and a total rebuild.

Kutztown will hammer them but they may have a shot against Edinboro and Mansfield. The Mounties aren't actually that bad so it won't be easy.

They played a good first 10 minutes against Charleston but just got worn down fast. UC goes deep and just had too much.
                Two returning starters were injured before the season began, forward Elmore and guard Rodriquez. The big guy is Nelson, who has been there 4 years and was in the portal last year, but still has a year of eligibility. The injured freshman was Bruce who went back to Erie for surgery after the fall semester.

The team won 5 games last year, and lost the best player in the transfer portal to NJIT where he has played in 9 games with 9 total points. At Bloom he had 965 points in 2 years, but he graduated in 3 years and moved on for his final 2 years of eligibility.

Comment

• What's the story with Millersville's Jaden Faulkner? He's on the 22-23 roster (listed as a redshirt senior) but he hasn't played at all this season (and wasn't listed in any of their preseason stories).

I thought he was done after last season and was surprised to see him on the roster.

EDIT: Per an article in the Lancaster Online, Faulkner does have eligibility left but suffered an ACL injury this past summer. He is out for this season but plans to return next year.

Comment

• It's safe to award Millersville with the worst video broadcast of 2022 in the PSAC East.

I hope they get that fixed prior to you all having to experience it.

Aside from the announcers being about 2 seconds ahead of the video feed (which is so annoying you just have to mute it), the video quality is similar to a 1985 VHS movie. It was hard to tell who players were and you have no chance to see numbers.

Not to mention the first 13 minutes of the game weren't broadcast.

The announcers do well. The actual production is just a mess.

Comment

It's safe to award Millersville with the worst video broadcast of 2022 in the PSAC East.

I hope they get that fixed prior to you all having to experience it.

Aside from the announcers being about 2 seconds ahead of the video feed (which is so annoying you just have to mute it), the video quality is similar to a 1985 VHS movie. It was hard to tell who players were and you have no chance to see numbers.

Not to mention the first 13 minutes of the game weren't broadcast.

The announcers do well. The actual production is just a mess.
                      Correct on all accounts! Yikes!

Comment

• The grind through the East begins Wednesday. Right now there's a 4-way tie in the division. ESU travels to Shippensburg with what I think is their deepest team ever. They are scoring 97 points a game, and doing it without a perennial starter who is recovering from an injury. They still have a smothering defense, so they will never be an easy opponent. Can't wait until Wednesday!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                          The grind through the East begins Wednesday. Right now there's a 4-way tie in the division. ESU travels to Shippensburg with what I think is their deepest team ever. They are scoring 97 points a game, and doing it without a perennial starter who is recovering from an injury. They still have a smothering defense, so they will never be an easy opponent. Can't wait until Wednesday!!
                          Ship is totally unpredictable so far this year. Doubt they have the depth to keep up with ESU this season. Lock Haven looks pretty good, and you never know with West Chester.

Comment

• Updated MEN'S PSAC East Standings
                            TEAM PSAC OVERALL STREAK
                            East Stroudsburg 4-1 10-1 W2
                            Lock Haven 4-1 8-2 W1
                            Shippensburg 4-1 6-5 W2
                            Kutztown 4-1 4-6 W2
                            Millersville 3-2 6-5 L2
                            Shepherd 3-2 6-5 L1
                            West Chester 2-3 7-4 W1
                            Mansfield 1-4 2-7 L4
                            Bloomsburg 0-5 0-9 L9

Comment

• Boy, the bottom just fell out of the Shepherd women's program when Abby Beeman transferred up to D-I Marshall.

Rams are well on their way to 0-10 tonight.

Comment

• ESU 32, Ship 13, 7:33 1st. And I don't see it getting any better.

I cannot recall a PSAC team that pushes play like the Warriors. They get the ball across halfcourt in about 1.5 seconds. Every time.

Stunning quickness, and of course, a Jeff Wilson team presses and presses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X