Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, we know they are good. They also lost to Seton Hill. What was up with Ship tonight?

Ship is like UPJ. They aren't built to play that kind of team. They are built for half-court. If Ship couldn't control the pace tonight ... the outcome was inevitable. I don't mean that disrespectfully but it's just reality. Sleva and Nedrow are half-court bigs. In a fast game, like tonight, they get swallowed.
    ESU battled back and had a lead against Seton Hill. If they played 10 games, ESU would win 9 of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

ESU battled back and had a lead against Seton Hill. If they played 10 games, ESU would win 9 of them.
      They'd win all 10

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

She's been erratic. Early it could be a little rust from a season-ending injury last season. She doesn't seem to be playing at quite the same speed she did previously. But that Ship can dominate as many games as they have with and up-and-down Jones actually kind of lends strength to my argument about the league appearing to be down this year. One factor in the East, of course, is the apparent complete meltdown of Shepherd now that Beeman and some others have left. The Rams may dominate football, but the PSAC is sure giving them all they can handle where other sports are concerned.
        I watched Jones' quickness level pretty closely today, and she still blows past most defenders. I don't think her speed is diminished at all, just her shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I watched Jones' quickness level pretty closely today, and she still blows past most defenders. I don't think her speed is diminished at all, just her shot.
          Didn't see today's game. In the ones I've seen, she seemed to do more walking than I've seen in the past. Obviously a faster-paced game today than they have been playing.

Comment

• Ship sweep over Mansfield today before a sleepy crowd at Heiges.

​​​​Women win comfortably and reach 11-2; 16 for Jones and four others in double digits. Men wake up in time to get out with a 68-61 victory. Recchia has career highs with five treys and 18 points; Sleva continues his wicked rebounding pace with 20, 17 on the defensive end.

Comment

Ship sweep over Mansfield today before a sleepy crowd at Heiges.

​​​​Women win comfortably and reach 11-2; 16 for Jones and four others in double digits. Men wake up in time to get out with a 68-61 victory. Recchia has career highs with five treys and 18 points; Sleva continues his wicked rebounding pace with 20, 17 on the defensive end.
              There have been more physically gifted players than Sleva at Ship (his brother, for one), but the guy's motor never stops. I love to watch him go after the boards. I'm certainly no basketball savant, but I've thought all season that Recchia needs to shoot more. He took a few today and the results were evident. Considering their record, Mansfield has some talent (and that one freshman kid was big as a tree). The problem they always have up there is if they can hold on to any of it. I like a physical game, but the refs let a lot go today and nearly lost control in the second half.

Comment

• Yes, it got a bit chippy there.

Now, Ship's game faces were a bit droopy today. But I think they got solid minutes out of all five of the rotating guards -- Rechhia, Ball, Dunn, Conner and Martin. (Looks like Crespo is injured.) They're beginning to develop some backcourt depth.

It was pointed out to me today -- by another coach -- that Fite is going to really have to scramble to replace four starters after this year. He really doesn't have any returning big men to speak of, even though I love Holsopple's hustle.
                Last edited by jrshooter; 01-14-2023, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Yes, it got a bit chippy there.

Now, Ship's game faces were a bit droopy today. But I think they got solid minutes out of all five of the rotating guards -- Rechhia, Ball, Dunn, Conner and Martin. (Looks like Crespo is injured.) They're beginning to develop some backcourt depth.

It was pointed out to me today -- by another coach -- that Fite is going to really have to scramble to replace four starters after this year. He really doesn't have any returning big men to speak of, even though I love Holsopple's hustle.
                  If Fite wanted to leave, this would be the off-season

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

If Fite wanted to leave, this would be the off-season
                    I can always be wrong, but he's seems pretty happy at Ship. I've seen nothing to indicate he's thinking at all along those lines. He'll have a lot on his recruiting plate for sure, but I imagine he'll be heating the transfer portal, juco, and high school recruiting circuits.

Comment

Yes, it got a bit chippy there.

It's been an up-and-down year, but with the outlook for next season they have to get some of the younger guys more minutes, and I think the schedule lately has allowed for more of that. They don't need Rechhia to score 18 every game, but they do need more offense from that position than they've gotten. I do think all the young guys show some potential to hit from deep. With limited minutes, it looks as if they sometimes try to toss up some shots to make an impression. They'll settle over time. Ball with his length appears to be the most steady on defense. We could use another guard in the 6-2 or 6-3 range to help control the bigger swing players we run into.

Hey, I don't need a coach to tell me next year's recruiting is going to be a scramble. He'll be losing two 1,000-point scorers (one of whom is leading Division II in defensive rebounds), a top-end transfer in Rashon Johnson, and a steady center who provides needed bulk at the defensive end. Won't be easy to replace.

Comment

• Fight is a great recruiter - superb offensive mind and a strict disciplinary coach . LOL

•I don’t know how this years Kutztown transfer not vetted - did not finish classes@ Kutztown and ineligible @ Ship ?
                        •Circular zone offense - couple passes and shoot - has lost more games
                        • Press break takes 8- 10 - 12 seconds to get ball into offensive end with no continuity into so called offensive sets
                        •Out of control “stars “ who turn ball over 5 - 6 times - with no real tough defense but want to get a chippy attitude ( with ref’s and opponents ) they play all night - but let a non- showcased player make as faux pas - yanked immediately-

Gembe is 2-0 and the time has come - fight should ride out in his Benz .

Comment

• Yeah, now I'm wondering about your credentials. It's nuts to want Fite out of there. Best coach they've ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship76 View Post
                            Fight is a great recruiter - superb offensive mind and a strict disciplinary coach . LOL

•I don’t know how this years Kutztown transfer not vetted - did not finish classes@ Kutztown and ineligible @ Ship ?
                            • Press break takes 8- 10 - 12 seconds to get ball into offensive end with no continuity into so called offensive sets
                            •Out of control “stars “ who turn ball over 5 - 6 times - with no real tough defense but want to get a chippy attitude ( with ref’s and opponents ) they play all night - but let a non- showcased player make as faux pas - yanked immediately-

What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship76 View Post
                              Fight is a great recruiter - superb offensive mind and a strict disciplinary coach . LOL

Who is Fight?

Comment

Yeah, now I'm wondering about your credentials. It's nuts to want Fite out of there. Best coach they've ever had.
                                Hey, he apparently can't even spell Fite's name correctly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X